Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Who in their right mind would live or work there?

Putin: Occupied Ukrainian regions to be integrated with Russia by 2030 (msn.com)

Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Jan. 31 that Ukrainian territories currently under occupation must be fully integrated with the Russian Federation by the year 2030.

Ukraine's eastern Donbas region has been illegally occupied by Russian forces since 2014, the same year Russia illegally annexed Crimea. Since Russia's full-scale invasion in February 2022, parts of Kherson, Zaporizhzhia, and Mykolaiv oblasts remain under Russian occupation.

I think it's more a case of prepping Russians for a few more years of war. Also mentioning for Russian banks not to worry about economic sanctions etc.

He's an utter tosspot tbh and obviously has become so ego driven he doesn't give a monkeys what he does to his own people. 

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

36 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Putin: Occupied Ukrainian regions to be integrated with Russia by 2030 (msn.com)

I think it's more a case of prepping Russians for a few more years of war. Also mentioning for Russian banks not to worry about economic sanctions etc.

He's an utter tosspot tbh and obviously has become so ego driven he doesn't give a monkeys what he does to his own people. 

He’ll probably order some poor bastards to live in the warzone in a cheaply built (and soon to be quickly dismantled) apartment block.

2 hours ago, Genie said:

He’ll probably order some poor bastards to live in the warzone in a cheaply built (and soon to be quickly dismantled) apartment block.

Are most of the Ukrainians who used to live in this region still living there or have they all fled to the part of Ukraine still under Ukranian control?

9 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Word on the street is that Gerasimov drank some bad tea while falling out of a window while exploding on a plane which had POWs on it. 

If Gerasimov is a gonner, that was supposedly in a strike on Crimea about a month ago, he hasn’t been seen since

12 hours ago, bickster said:

If Gerasimov is a gonner, that was supposedly in a strike on Crimea about a month ago, he hasn’t been seen since

Russia places its top generals relativepy close to the front lines.  That was considered to be a reasonably safe option until storm-shadow arrived.  

He's either dead or cowering in a bunker well away from Crimea.  

Either scenario is embarrassing for Russia. 

I think he's cowering in a bunker.  His death "on the front lines" could be spun as a glorious sacrifice. 

14 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Russia places its top generals relativepy close to the front lines.  That was considered to be a reasonably safe option until storm-shadow arrived.  

He's either dead or cowering in a bunker well away from Crimea.  

Either scenario is embarrassing for Russia. 

I think he's cowering in a bunker.  His death "on the front lines" could be spun as a glorious sacrifice. 

Yeah I'm sceptical too

11 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Russia places its top generals relatively close to the front lines. 

I imagine that strategy changed once so many of them got dead.

6 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Maybe it’s the dead ones, they just leave them on the battlefield.

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Amazingly it didn't.  

The British Army empowers its lower ranks to make decisions based upon what they see and encounter. 

The Russian Army still requires permission to be sought for any deviations from the generals plan.  

The example that summed it up for me was thus >  

The US fires a cruise missiles against a bridge. A video camera on board shows that it misses the target.   Another missile will be dispatched within 20 minutes involving 2 tiers of command. 

The same scenario for Russia takes 2 days. 

Speaker of the House just said he's spiking the Ukraine / Israel / US border deal being worked on in the Senate, and will instead by putting forward an Israel-only bill next week (likely under MAGA pressure). The Ukrainians apparently believe there's a back channel between Trump and Putin, and are trying to figure out who it is - although, in a remarkable coincidence, MAGA star Tucker Carlson has been over in Moscow for the past three days.

Europe doesn't have the military capacity to sustain Ukraine's ammunition needs until November / January, which is the earliest US aid could resume if the MAGA crowd are intent on sabotaging things.

It's looking pretty bleak for Ukraine.

4 hours ago, Panto_Villan said:

Speaker of the House just said he's spiking the Ukraine / Israel / US border deal being worked on in the Senate, and will instead by putting forward an Israel-only bill next week (likely under MAGA pressure). The Ukrainians apparently believe there's a back channel between Trump and Putin, and are trying to figure out who it is - although, in a remarkable coincidence, MAGA star Tucker Carlson has been over in Moscow for the past three days.

Europe doesn't have the military capacity to sustain Ukraine's ammunition needs until November / January, which is the earliest US aid could resume if the MAGA crowd are intent on sabotaging things.

It's looking pretty bleak for Ukraine.

The US President doesn’t have the power to spend money on buying equipment for Ukraine but he does have the power to sell any ‘unneeded’ equipment to a foreign country for whatever price he sees fit. 

It’s not something Biden has done yet but he always has the option up his sleeve if congress is not going to play ball. 

Entire column of Russian armoured vehicles obliterated by drones | World News | Metro News

Putin supporters have been left enraged after 11 Russian tanks and armoured vehicles were destroyed in one Ukrainian onslaught.

The Kyiv military success, which was mostly inflicted by FPV kamikaze drones, took place in the Novomykhailivka area of Russian-held Donetsk region of Ukraine.

It’s currently uncertain how many military personnel died in the strikes.

Ooops.

There's a very interesting rumour circulating from Russian sources regarding Gerasimov. 

Many are saying that he has defected or was caught whilst trying to defect to the Swiss Embassy in Turkey. 

It's very much a rumour but it would explain why neither side are commenting on his location.  

There's barely anything left of Avdiikva anyway, Russia's once again expended people and equipment to a ridiculous point to get a pile of rubble.

It's a sound plan to withdraw, and I presume the next lines of defense are even harder to pass as the terrain gets more hilly. 

I don't know why the Republican wing that has some sense aren't screaming from the rooftops about Trump and Carlsson.

14 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

I don't know why the Republican wing that has some sense aren't screaming from the rooftops about Trump and Carlsson.

Because they want to win the upcoming election, which it looks like they will pretty comfortably. 

Â