• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

meanwhile in regards to Belarus...

Both the opposition leader in exile and the Kastuś Kalinoŭski Regiment have made announcements today both saying that the time to overthrown Lukashenko is close. The regiment have appealed to its supporters and it's secret reserves in Belarus, to wait for the signal...

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, bickster said:

meanwhile in regards to Belarus...

Both the opposition leader in exile and the Kastuś Kalinoŭski Regiment have made announcements today both saying that the time to overthrown Lukashenko is close. The regiment have appealed to its supporters and it's secret reserves in Belarus, to wait for the signal...

Which might be one of the reasons Prighozin has been allowed to run off to Belarus as Luka needs back up that Russian regular forces cannot obviously provide. That is of course if Prighozin gets to retain his forces in Belarus? Maybe the deal was struck to provide security for the fat man?? idk

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

There is no way putin isnt going to poison prighozin at some point

He will sip the wrong tea, fall out of the wrong window or light a cigarette at the wrong gas station.  CNN reporting as much. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, trekka said:

He will sip the wrong tea, fall out of the wrong window or light a cigarette at the wrong gas station.  CNN reporting as much. 

There is noway putin is going to forget this he will get him at some point

2 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

I imagine many Russians are feeling pretty deflated rather than inflated today. I'm glad this one is.

Bless him. 

I think if this has proven anything is that Russia is fragile asf and this wont be the end of Putins problems by any stretch.  For a minimal mercenary force of a few of thousand troops stretched around the South of Russia to stroll around with minimal opposition to within 200km of Moscow shows just how weak Russian security is. Putin has lost that aura in Russia of some great leader and now has been saved by Lukashenko in the last 24 hours who is in even more of a fragile position in Belarus. You couldn't make it up. The clown saving the idiot and that's how people will see it and the media play it. Even if it isn't completely true. 

5 hours ago, tinker said:

Putins influence over social media is a dangerous weapon, it needs to be stopped. 

Indeed. If Russia is defeated in Ukraine I bet social media would very quickly calm down. Deliberate stoking of social instability and disinformation in the west via the Internet is one of his most successful policies. 

Worth adding, electoral interference was Prigozhin's speciality. 

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Thanks 1

What I'm not seeing mentioned anywhere yet is money, and the role it played and is playing in the relationship between Prigozhin and Putin. 

Putin bankrolled Wagner initially. Is he still paying for it? To what extent have Prigozhin's 'investments' in Africa and Syria been able to give him an income? 

Armies are expensive to maintain in peacetime. Being in an active war is a huge cost multiplier. 

Another thing to consider is where does Wagner get its supplies from? I'm talking about bullets, shells, tickets etc. From what I've read it comes from Russian authorities (of whatever form). Fuel, food etc he can just buy anywhere, but the military stuff has to come mainly from the Russian armed forces. 

I suppose what I'm wondering is how 'independent' Wagner is, and maybe there's a mismatch between reality and Prigozhin's perception. 

On one of the news shows this morning they mentioned the Prigozhin was heading to Belarus with “pockets stuffed with Moscow gold”. 

If he also managed to negotiate a big ransom then Putin has been mugged off even more

Â