Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

49 minutes ago, blandy said:

There's an RAF Rivet joint flying from ( I assume) Akrotiri, US Global Hawks from Sig' (near Catania, Sicily). Stuff in Romania and Poland and elsewhere deployed from various NATO nations. It'll be like an ongoing major NATO exercise, with co-operating aircraft and ships from all over.

It's interesting to see the different patterns.  Today the RAF flew from the UK to the North Poland then followed the NATO border south, flew across black sea then turned around and flew a similar route to return to the UK.  That's typical for the UK planes.  Whereas all the other countries loiter over 1 particular area.  

Other highlights from today was a B52 that left Spain, flew up to Norway and flew very tight circles up and down the Norwegian coast.  

Techology is great.  I remember filling in my Eye-Spy book of aeroplanes from the viewing lounge of Birmingham Airport.  I forged my parent's signature on the completion certificate in order to fraudulently claim my completion badge.  

• Haha 2

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

Russia has announced that it’s “decided” to reduce the amount of crude oil it produces by 500,000 barrels per day.  (BPD). 

Before the war Europe imported 2.7 million BPD from Russia.  That figures halved and continues to drop.  

There are some very easy conclusions to draw.  

1. Russia hasn’t found alternative markets willing/able to buy the crude oil once exported to the West.

2. Sanctions work. 

😀😀😀😀😀

• Like 2

Russian media is openly reporting the recent Ukrainian drone attacks deep within Russia. Even TASS is reporting that Moscow is now within range and will be increasing its air defences.  

That’s more manpower, equipment and resources being dragged away from the front lines.  

This building needs some air defences installed on the roof immediately.  😀

CBCAB64C-52C1-420A-A3C7-F590F88D368F.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Russian media is openly reporting the recent Ukrainian drone attacks deep within Russia. Even TASS is reporting that Moscow is now within range and will be increasing its air defences.  

That’s more manpower, equipment and resources being dragged away from the front lines.  

I think these types of incidents are a boost for them in the justification of their propaganda that the motherland is under attack and the Russian economy needs to be on a war footing. 

It wouldn’t even surprise me if the drones turned out to be Russian operated 😆

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I think these types of incidents are a boost for them in the justification of their propaganda that the motherland is under attack …..

It wouldn’t even surprise me if the drones turned out to be Russian operated 😆

I doubt it.  If Russia tried to crash a drone into a location near Moscow we would have read about it hitting Belgium.  😀

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Those air defences haven't been on that roof for some time now

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

Those air defences haven't been on that roof for some time now

What air defences?  All I see is an empty roof. 

If Russians has put air defences on that roof its effectively camouflaged for the urban environment. 

They wouldn’t have just thrown a bright green sheet over it to make it bigger and easier to spot.  

If they did something stupid like that I am sure I would have posted it on this thread at the time.  (hint hint) 

🤣

1 minute ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

What air defences?  All I see is an empty roof. 

If Russians has put air defences on that roof its effectively camouflaged for the urban environment. 

They wouldn’t have just thrown a bright green sheet over it to make it bigger and easier to spot.  

If they did something stupid like that I am sure I would have posted it on this thread at the time.  (hint hint) 

🤣

Like I said, they haven't been there for sometime now, I remember them not putting them there

• Haha 2

Interesting things afoot....

I look at Flightradar24 being an aviation geek and just out of curiosity but I've seen something today I haven't really seen before.... There's a RAF Eurofighter flying from the UK towards Latvia/Estonia and multiple Swedish Air force jets in the sky over Sweden doing things and stuff.

Probably nothing but interesting nonetheless.

Flightradar24: Live Flight Tracker - Real-Time Flight Tracker Map

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

Estimated Russian Losses for February including the amount of territory they gained

xk8pldhbc4la1.png

The sheer human cost and equipment lost to gain 61 square miles is just staggering

No Generals lost. 

Cracking month 

Â