Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

6 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

As far as I gather the few QRF Spetznas that were in Balakliya withdrew to Lyman with heavy losses and were told 'no step back', together with one of the few guards motorized brigades that were still operational except for the few that have been reallocated to Kherson.

I realise my post may have been pretty hyperbole but it isn't an understatement that the combat effectiveness of most of Russia's deployed BTG's is extremely low. Lyman is the last properly fortified town in the North East.

Russians pulled out sometime ago. What remains in Lyman is an LPR volunteer patriotic  "Kuban" regiment. Not officially in an army, not under direct control etc. Think of them as an LPR Azov

• Thanks 1

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

Just now, bickster said:

Russians pulled out sometime ago. What remains in Lyman is an LPR volunteer patriotic  "Kuban" regiment. Not officially in an army, not under direct control etc. Think of them as an LPT Azov

My map gives me 1st guard tank's army (which is pretty much reduced to nothing) and 208th motorized, but I gather that militaryland doesn't show 'republic' groupings. Which one are you guys using?

https://militaryland.net/maps/deployment-map/

3 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

My map gives me 1st guard tank's army (which is pretty much reduced to nothing) and 208th motorized, but I gather that militaryland doesn't show 'republic' groupings. Which one are you guys using?

I'm not using any in particular, there was a decent one this morning made on Google Maps but I can't find the links now

And if you can understand Russian, there's a Pro-Russian blogger out there, though on the wrong side, his maps of the current fronts are very good and detailed, name of Rybar but I'm only viewing them third hand

35 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

But does that apply to a country at war with the very reason that NATO exists? Has this kind of situation come up previously? 

What difference would it make? The concern is that NATO would essentially be agreeing to a war by its own rules by admitting a member already in a conflict. NATO isn't looking to go to war. It's looking to prevent it by carrying a **** big sword. Inviting a member under attack when the organisations founding principle is an attack on 1 is an attack on all is incredibly stupid and will either completely undermine the entire organisation if they didn't stick to that principle or would effectively be a de facto declaration of WW3. Ain't gonna happen.

It's not going to invite Ukraine without the being a peaceful resolution to this conflict. And even then they might be wary because it will immediately be seen as a provocative move by Russia.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

How can 1 person, 1 stupid, crazy, babbling idiot, be allowed to do what he's doing and get away with it? 

We have Truss who's deystroying our economy for the next 20 years, she's getting away with it.

Amazing that the press haven't deystroyed her, similar to Putin's Russian media.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

DeepStateMAP | Day 219 | Map of the war in Ukraine

This is the one I think that gives an accurate regiment guide

27 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

This one is pretty good tbh.. The deepstate doesn't give any Ukrainian positions.

11 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

How can 1 person, 1 stupid, crazy, babbling idiot, be allowed to do what he's doing and get away with it? 

I'm at the point where I think we should just steam roll Russia into oblivion. If he somehow gets away with this, what's next? Go reclaim Estonia or somewhere? 

He's overseen a military commiting countless war crimes, keeps threatening the world with nukes and you see by the stupid smug look on his pin head face, he thinks he's the kiddy. 

He needs stopping now, countless innocent people are dying because he has an ego that needs massaging. Hopefully some bat-shit crazy Russian turns rogue with a nice big gun and does him in. 

Kind of how I view it. Russia needs to be completely destroyed and carved up really  although no doubt after that you'll just get a divide of Russia between the west and China and the whole merry ride goes round again. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

What's the next few months looking like?

Does russia have any moves to make militarily ?

I think initially in the next month or so things will start to come to a winter standstill with both sides digging in. Russia will throw more bodies into the frontline in an effort to push back the Ukrainian advance. I think Ukraine have always been aware this was going to be a hard slog and that time would be of the essence approaching winter. They were always going to need to counter and recapture ground before the winter set in. The most important thing for them is the continuation of weapons supply, mobilisation of their own troops to reinforce or allow R&R to troops already engaged in action. It's imperative they maintain supply routes.

The other thing to remember is that Ukrainian forces will be riding high at the moment and fully aware Russians are beatable. Russian reinforcements on the other hand, regardless of the numbers will be walking into a shitstorm of chaos. Poor logistics, rock bottom moral, and absent commanders. And worst of all, shit kit/equipment. 

I think if the Russian reinforcements have no bearing on recovering and allow them to close off the "Annexed Regions" to Ukraine forces - and I doubt they will be able to completely. then Russian forces will be screwed come the spring if the supply of arms continues. I think give these conscripts a few months of battling through the winter and their patriotism and love for all things Putin will come a poor second to their wives and children and a wish to go home. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â