17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

I don’t think Boro can play better than that ( although they might convert a chance or two next time) whereas I am certain we can match our defensive performance and play far better up top.

Barring something horrendous I’m confident about Wembley.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Thanks for the stats both. I mean its FELT better this past season or so, I guess it IS better. It used to be nailed on we would find someway to concede late or lose from a winning position. 

I still cashed in my bet quite early. Not used to us holding on to leads even though we are brilliant at it now and have been all season.As you said for so many years we conceded late goals and it’s still etched in to our memories. 

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

I don’t think Boro can play better than that ( although they might convert a chance or two next time) whereas I am certain we can match our defensive performance and play far better up top.

Barring something horrendous I’m confident about Wembley.

I’m confident too. I hope we don’t naturally sit too deep from the off and have a whole game of them coming on to us. Need to be solid yet able to break effectively. That second half we couldnt get our own half. 

I think we will beat them 2-0.

How do we approach Tuesday's match? I think we could play like we did in the second half today again and quite easily not concede for the whole match. But then again, it's going to be a full-house at VP and i'm sure things could get very nervy. 

I certainly wouldn't like to be the manager. 

1 minute ago, KJT123 said:

How do we approach Tuesday's match? I think we could play like we did in the second half today again and quite easily not concede for the whole match. But then again, it's going to be a full-house at VP and i'm sure things could get very nervy. 

How we approached the first half.  Like a solid away team that is quick on the break. Second half we parked the bus a bit. 

5 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

We need to manage the game in a similar fashion......They need to open up now, so that will give us the advantage to play the counter attack at home, which is quite unusual....We clearly have the advantage as long as we don't **** up.

We don't need to be cavalier....just professional.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

Boro are nothing special - traore is all fur coat and no knickers - the tie is our for the taking - Wembley beckons ;)

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I still cashed in my bet quite early. Not used to us holding on to leads even though we are brilliant at it now and have been all season.As you said for so many years we conceded late goals and it’s still etched in to our memories. 

Jedinak, Whelan, Bjarnson.

thats what we got them for.

7 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Boro are nothing special - traore is all fur coat and no knickers - the tie is our for the taking - Wembley beckons ;)

He is special...His pace is unprecedented.

but we managed him.......very well.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

He is special...His pace is unprecedented.

but we managed him.......well.

Grealish is far more special  than him , let them worry about us .

traore has pace yes but his end product is often lacking .

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Boro are a decent side, probably the in form team in the Play offs.

We done very well.....appreciate our achievement so far.

58 minutes ago, TRO said:

Boro are a decent side, probably the in form team in the Play offs.

We done very well.....appreciate our achievement so far.

We have done very well - as I said an extremely solid performance and hugely impressive - I’m delighted with the whole team and staff - wasn’t a criticism of us in any way as I expect us to finish them off on Tuesday comfortably .

i don’t think boro are that decent a side and think villa looked very comfortable and see little to worry about in the home leg .

For me we had a game plan that worked very well and Bruce has outwitted pulis .

johnstone had 2 saves to make and that’s a testament to how well we performed , there was no luck involved - only their keeper stopped a 2 goal  lead - we were superb defensively and Grealish immense 

i can see  villa v derby at Wembley and I think that will very much be ours for the taking 

Edited by Eastie