The retro gaming thread!

BOF

On 15/03/2024 at 11:41, Beastmix said:

Got my N64 and Gamecube looking pretty sharp.

Did a shell swap, added a PicoBoot chip for SD card use, and popped some lights in the Cube.

Switched out the N64 logo for the prototype 'Ultra 64' logo too.

gcx.thumb.jpg.173228d1d828c1e8b0ec670bb808e5f7.jpg64x.thumb.jpg.348b5152f99c1a9d7109183d5cc72075.jpg

Very clean!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

The always brilliant DF Retro returns with a feature length marathon video covering the PlayStation and all of its launch titles.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

There is a Delta emulator currently available on the iPhone App Store. It allows any ROMs from NES, SNES, Gameboy and I think N64 To be played on the phone. 
I have only really tried gameboy and NES but it seems to work well!

IMG_8073.jpeg

Edited by mark359

• 3 weeks later...

Considering it's a 10 year old game, I'd probably say it falls into this category. 

FIFA 14

I can't stop playing it. Have been on it solid for about 2 months. Cost me £1.50 in CEX. 

I dunno what it is about the game but I love it. I notched the shot power up to 53 and some of the goals I've scored have been so good. 

Just started a Villa career. I put them in the Championship cos the squad isn't the best. Benteke is ripping everyone to shreds though. 

Got the likes of Guzan, Vlaar, El Ahmadi, Weimann, Gabby etc... 

N'Zogbia has done more on this game in 8 matches than he did in his entire real Villa career. 

Shame I'm having to delve into the past for a footy fix but it's brilliant nostalgia. I'm even softening my stance on Delph 🐍 as he's running my midfield 😂

4 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Don't know if this counts as retro but trying to pick up a copy of Pokémon Heartgold on the DS. Jesus it's about £120 a copy.

I've given up on collecting Pokémon games, it's absolutely ridiculous. The DS games are peak, but I can't justify paying those prices.

14 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Considering it's a 10 year old game, I'd probably say it falls into this category. 

FIFA 14

I can't stop playing it. Have been on it solid for about 2 months. Cost me £1.50 in CEX. 

I dunno what it is about the game but I love it. I notched the shot power up to 53 and some of the goals I've scored have been so good. 

Just started a Villa career. I put them in the Championship cos the squad isn't the best. Benteke is ripping everyone to shreds though. 

Got the likes of Guzan, Vlaar, El Ahmadi, Weimann, Gabby etc... 

N'Zogbia has done more on this game in 8 matches than he did in his entire real Villa career. 

Shame I'm having to delve into the past for a footy fix but it's brilliant nostalgia. I'm even softening my stance on Delph 🐍 as he's running my midfield 😂

Benteke basically turns into the best striker on the game on FIFA14 and 15 if you keep developing him, absolute beast.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Benteke basically turns into the best striker on the game on FIFA14 and 15 if you keep developing him, absolute beast.

Yeah, I'm gonna walk the Championship if he stays fit. 

Tell you what did happen, I couldn't believe it. 

Albrighton is out for 7 months with a cruciate injury. Suffered in a game v Burnley and guess who 'tackled' him... Yep, Ben f##king Mee. 

Edited by UpTheVilla26
  • Haha 1

My favourite part was always casting off Bennett, Clark, Baker etc to literally anyone who'd have them. The spine of that team usually becomes really good Okore, Delph and Benteke. There's some broken players as well like I think Rodwell develops into one of the best CM's there's ever been etc 🤣

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

On one of the realllly old FIFAs, if you loaned out Ben Siegrist within one season he'd come back as prime Buffon.

Edited by GarethRDR

2 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

One one of the realllly old FIFAs, if you loaned out Ben Siegrist within one season he'd come back as prime Buffon.

I've loaned him out, so if he returns and is like 90 rated I'll be well happy 😂

I'm going to go back to playing International Superstar Soccer on the SNES. Had a brilliant mode called "scenario" where you join a famous historical match and have a limited amount of time to change the outcome.

Excellent game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/03/2024 at 15:41, Beastmix said:

Got my N64 and Gamecube looking pretty sharp.

Did a shell swap, added a PicoBoot chip for SD card use, and popped some lights in the Cube.

Switched out the N64 logo for the prototype 'Ultra 64' logo too.

gcx.thumb.jpg.173228d1d828c1e8b0ec670bb808e5f7.jpgm64x.thumb.jpg.348b5152f99c1a9d7109183d5cc72075.jpg

Thats class BM

• Thanks 1

Â