Top Gear

Jez

Epic tonight

anyone else see it??

Yep, thought it was very good. Clarkson genuinely shedding a tear on the finishing line was ... a little out of character ... the façade dropped for just a second but nice to see :) Good to see them genuinely achieve something.

And I'd have put my mortgage on the Hamster crashing it. He's just a terrible driver.

I think the facade dropped for pretty much the whole of the challenge this time. They were genuinely encouraging each other and hammond looked so gutted when he crashed.

As I said, it genuinely made me want to jump in there ahead of clarkson and do my 3 hour stint. It looked brilliant fun!

And we'll never know who the stig is. It is rumoured to be ben, but most racing forums had come to the conclusion that it was damon hill once and it wasn't, so we'll probably never really know, although I'd hope once top gear finally closes its doors they'd be kind enough to let us know who was the stig and when.

The jet car feature was considered to be sufficiently unusual and hazardous for GW to ask Ben Collins, who worked closely with Top Gear as a high performance driver and consultant

The usual Wiki entry. It mentions that he is rumoured to be the Stig. Also says he's lining up a drive in NASCAR for 2008 :thumb: Good for him. Also coincidence that he did well in an Ascari in the FIA GT series and broke the track record in an Ascari last night. He must like that marque :)

Stig with his helmet off :P

ben_collins.jpg

Ben Collins is over 6 feet tall ... I don't think The Stig is as tall as that ??

Russ Swift is the Stig at times for the stunts , which adds weight to their being more than 1 stig

Hill I don't think has enough time but he was quoted as saying "I am not the Stig. But then, only the true Messiah denies his divinity."

I think it's Johhny Herbert for a wild stab in the dark

They seem to be ramping up the 'James May is gay' jokes every week.

The shot of him sitting next to Hammond eating a banana was surely another one?

Yeah , all men that eat banana's are gay :-)

But , yes I think your right , May's gayness is obviously the latest in joke ..probably done to annoy some PC bloke in the BBC issueing memo's to the Top gear team each week