Top Gear

Jez

When it cut to the news, and then seeing it drive behind in the background, I nearly died laughing.

Really? I was vaguely amused and it caused me to raise my eyes from the Observer Sport monthly, but not so much as a titter left my lips. I genuinely can't understand the excitement about this programme. James May is very good, but the other two with their "ooh, aren't we controversial with our near to the knuckle gags and May is gay jibes" can piss right off.

I don't mind the special shows (that polar one was excellent) but all the boys club, jeans and jacket studio banter is just bollocks IMO.

Really? I was vaguely amused and it caused me to raise my eyes from the Observer Sport monthly, but not so much as a titter left my lips. I genuinely can't understand the excitement about this programme. James May is very good, but the other two with their "ooh, aren't we controversial with our near to the knuckle gags and May is gay jibes" can piss right off.

doesn't your TV has countless other channels and even an OFF button ?

I'm with the others though , it's about the funniest show on TV (apart from South Park) , who cares if it's scripted

driving the small car around the BBC was great and how did Clarkson get away witht the BBC meeting with a midget , an asian , a coloured man , a man in a wheelchair and a tree hugging lesbian liberal .. "sadly the meeting went on for so long the BBC didn't have any time to mkae any TV programs "

doesn't your TV has countless other channels and even an OFF button ?

It does, but other people were watching it. Unfortunately, despite my efforts, my front room is still a democracy :)

Like I say, I was reading the excellent OSM, or at least trying to. I kept being interrupted by buffoons not really talking about cars and doing that annoying thing where they say something really loud and unfunny, pause for a second, and say something else really loud and unfunny. IT'S THE MOST IRRITATING THING... ...IN THE WORLD!

driving the small car around the BBC was great

Not for me it wasn't. And here's John Humphreys and Fiona Bruce and Dermot Thingy, they all love me, I'm so popular. It's one big happy familiy at the beeb you know.. If I was Fiona Bruce (and I often wish I was) I'd have left the melon headed tosspot and his booming voice in the lift until all that remained was a pile of bones, a tweed jacket and a pair of Lee Coopers.

how did Clarkson get away witht the BBC meeting with a midget , an asian , a coloured man , a man in a wheelchair and a tree hugging lesbian liberal .. "sadly the meeting went on for so long the BBC didn't have any time to mkae any TV programs "

Aye, that bit was funny.

it's about the funniest show on TV

Try Flight of The Conchords, My Name is Earl and the hopefully soon to return of the mighty Harry Hill's TV Burp.

Unfortunately, despite my efforts, my front room is still a democracy

have you tried revolution :-)

mighty Harry Hill's TV Burp

now see I really don't find him funny at all ... but luckily I don't live in a democracy :-)

Try Flight of The Conchords, My Name is Earl and the hopefully soon to return of the mighty Harry Hill's TV Burp.

My name is earl is brilliant (although the new series is dragging a bit, they need to get Earl out of prison) Flight of the Conchords however, I just don't why anyone thinks it's at all funny.

My name is earl is brilliant (although the new series is dragging a bit, they need to get Earl out of prison) Flight of the Conchords however, I just don't why anyone thinks it's at all funny.

Ah, im not going mad then, Ive seen it not laughed once, and im a student for crissake, this is supposed to be the offbeat stuff "to get"

Ah, im not going mad then, Ive seen it not laughed once, and im a student for crissake, this is supposed to be the offbeat stuff "to get"

I have to say I think I might have just got lucky with the couple of episodes I caught at first (2 and 3). The ones I have seen since haven't been quite as good. Still titterworthy IMO. This bit from episode 2 made me laugh til it hurt though.

Who's the Boom King?

Anyway, this is OT so I'll get it back on track. Er, Top Gear is still average! :)

I've heard that in a few weeks Lewis Hamilton will be on taking the shite car round the track. Also, apparently in the past Damon Hill was the stig, and since they had the white uniformed stig quite a few ex-F1 drivers have been the stig. I know Derek Warwick was him for a while.

I've heard that in a few weeks Lewis Hamilton will be on taking the shite car round the track. Also, apparently in the past Damon Hill was the stig, and since they had the white uniformed stig quite a few ex-F1 drivers have been the stig. I know Derek Warwick was him for a while.

:roll:

The Lewis Hamilton rumour is because he presented Clarkson with an award at the NTAs and Clarkson invited him on. I doubt there's anything official about it yet.

And Damon Hill has said categorically on a number of occasions that he isn't and has never been the stig. The most accepted rumour I've heard is that the stig is someone different everytime, depending on the car. So for example when they put the renault f1 car around the track, it would have been an f1 driver, when they do other stuff it's someone who has raced that type of car before etc etc.

The Lewis Hamilton rumour is because he presented Clarkson with an award at the NTAs and Clarkson invited him on. I doubt there's anything official about it yet.

In his column in one of the saturday papers Clarkson said he'll be on there in the next few weeks.