The push for the Play offs ?

hippo

5 minutes ago, sonic_bouma said:

9 points behind the play offs.

Have to win tomorrow now.

To be honest I'd say we have to win our next 3 to stand a chance.

Leeds and Wednesday are playing very poorly and yet keep winning. Real momentum with them and Derby also looking very strong. 

Its probably gonna have to be next year

Edit - double post 

Edited by Eastie

7 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Plenty of time yet - we are not even halfway through and a good points haul over the festive period will see us back within touching distance - far too soon to write off our chances irrespective of what happens tomorrow .

i see no reason why we can't take 10 points from the next 4 games .

Yet our best players will be missing in January we need to be within distance by the new year. I want to see passion and fight and they haven't demonstrated in weeks and not enough away from home

Way too early to write off our chances but, we are now 9 points adrift whereas we were 3 points adrift a week or so ago. That is brutal and so we need to star realising that this is a tough league where anyone can beat anyone and stop taking it so lightly. 

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yet our best players will be missing in January we need to be within distance by the new year. I want to see passion and fight and they haven't demonstrated in weeks and not enough away from home

Much will depend on our transfer activity in January as Bruce surely knows where the side needs improving - a good festive period will see us in touching distance but I agree there has been a lack of passion and fight in some and hopefully the team selection tomorrow will reflect that .

mccormack and tish must both start .

When the going gets tough....... We find out what we are made of. If we hadn't had such a poor start and had been averaging like we have since Bruce arrived we could be fighting for automatics, but we are way off, really only about 3 points closer to the play offs then at the end of RDM's tenure.

We quickly need to find a formula and need to grind out results til the seasons end. Plenty of time yet, and teams above us will have bad spells yet, let's hope we've had ours.

Have to say though, the top 10 keep finding results we we are stuttering, we have a massive task ahead. I don't fancy our chances even if we made play offs at the moment.

Edited by thunderball

37 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We need to win just to stand still at this point. No one to blame but ourselves

Yep,  3 of our  defeats have been sky televised games. These players should embrace the sky games. If they are scared to play on tv don't be a professional footballer

There has been some debate about results & Performances.....The truth is you need both.

We have been getting Results in the early SB days but now we are gathering a few and leaving the Relegation spots behind the top of the table are taking notice.

They are putting more time in to us now and that is clear to see on the match days. In my view, we have to compete with them and we are not.

Tomorrow, will be interesting to see how we react, but it seems from their camp, they fancy us as a "get back on the rails" fixture.

Its this disturbing opinion of us that has me really worried....They see us as an easy target.

19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yep,  3 of our  defeats have been sky televised games. These players should embrace the sky games. If they are scared to play on tv don't be a professional footballer

Don't think we have won on sky for a couple of years - dreadful record . 

• Like 1

I think there is too much, not right to be considering promotion this year.....you only have to watch the games to know.....irrespective of the scorelines.

We need to just gradually grow and get back at a reasonable pace.

• Like 1

Just now, TRO said:

I think there is too much, not right to be considering promotion this year.....you only have to watch the games to know.....irrespective of the scorelines.

Starting to lose hope myself to be honest, my biggest issue is the fact that we will inevitably lose players like Amavi ffs. However a positive is that it goves us an opportunity to replace dross with young and rising quality, stars.

As you say Bruce will have a full season, preseason, and his players in etc. Then we can have a real go!

I think for most people like myself the heartbreak has been accepting that we are now a championship club until further notice!

* Go on a winning streak and this will all be bollox :P

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

It pains me to say it but your right. We need to look at the bigger picture and if we do go up are we good enough to stay up? Even with a few additions I don't think we will be strong enough. As it stands we are definitely a championship side and I can't see that changing too much over the next year or so. Next season is more important than this season believe it or not.    I just can't see us making the play offs tbf but who knows. If we fail this season then fail again the following season that will be a disaster.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

Slipping away. We lose to QPR season is over. Not because of the points hall but the confidence levels will drop and I doubt they will recover. I hope Bruce signs more than he's suggesting in the press. 

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Starting to lose hope myself to be honest, my biggest issue is the fact that we will inevitably lose players like Amavi ffs. However a positive is that it goves us an opportunity to replace dross with young and rising quality, stars.

As you say Bruce will have a full season, preseason, and his players in etc. Then we can have a real go!

I think for most people like myself the heartbreak has been accepting that we are now a championship club until further notice!

* Go on a winning streak and this will all be bollox :P

Yea, I think that is true

Personally, I see so much wrong (mentally and subsequently physically) I have no idea when will recover that bit.

I don't think the winning streak will happen until we fix the above......I think Steve will, not sure how long it will take though.

12 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It pains me to say it but your right. We need to look at the bigger picture and if we do go up are we good enough to stay up? Even with a few additions I don't think we will be strong enough. As it stands we are definitely a championship side and I can't see that changing too much over the next year or so. Next season is more important than this season believe it or not.    I just can't see us making the play offs tbf but who knows. If we fail this season then fail again the following season that will be a disaster.

I think if we did go up this season then we would need almost a completely new team in the Premiership - the money may well be provided to do so but it would take time to gel .

i wouldn't expect us to be in this division after next season at worst and am intrigued to see the players Bruce brings into the club in the meantime .

4 minutes ago, KSV said:

Slipping away. We lose to QPR season is over. Not because of the points hall but the confidence levels will drop and I doubt they will recover. I hope Bruce signs more than he's suggesting in the press. 

It never really got going I don't think.....sure SB helped secure some points so we could breath easy......and apart from a bit of euphoria or relief of escaping the bottom, not much else has happened.... we really acquitted ourselves well at Brighton , but one swallow and all that.

I'm not sure what the Jan window will bring and for what is wrong i'm not sure if its too much to expect to fix it that quick.

We went down from the Prem in unprecedented terms.....It was beyond woeful/ disgraceful......I think it is too much to expect to fix that so soon.

sadly I still see remnants of it in some players.....and not in others......It will take Steve time to see it for himself and deal with it in a business like fashion.

I do believe in Tony Xia and Steve Bruce.....but i do not see a magic wand.....I think the overall problem has been too deep for that.