Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Interesting Read

The Brucer Outers will be happy come May if we fail to get promoted

FWIW.  I am solidly in favor getting Bruce out now, since sooner is not possible.  However, I will be Absolutely gutted if we are not promoted.  (And probably completely insufferable for several years as I will likely end every post with “SEE, I TOLD YOU SO” for at least three years.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

How's that glass house? Careful of those stones!

You appear determined to win an arguement, the thread, VT, the internet even the whole world, universe and the probability factor of 42

1 minute ago, srsmithusa said:

FWIW.  I am solidly in favor getting Bruce out now, since sooner is not possible.  However, I will be Absolutely gutted if we are not promoted.  (And probably completely insufferable for several years as I will likely end every post with “SEE, I TOLD YOU SO” for at least three years.)

See, I told you so

15 hours ago, flashingqwerty said:

So youre contradicting yourself?

As a team we do analyze games and errors but whelan doesnt have to? Why?

Just because its a glaringly obvious error ( and not the 1st time he has made that same error i might add) does not give him a free pass to not review and work on things to prevent it happening again.

A much cleverer man than me once said that the definition of insanity was to repeat the same scenario without changing anything and to expect a different result.

Not having whelan review, address and work on this error is the very apitomy (sp?) of this.

Epitome.....sorry for being pc.:)

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

You appear determined to win an arguement, the thread, VT, the internet even the whole world, universe and the probability factor of 42

Eh? What argument?

59 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

I think if we get rid of bruce now all hopes of promotion this year is gone. Im happy to stick with bruce until summer and of we are not up then he will be sacked/leave and not many can argue he shouldnt as the squad is strong enough to mount a promotion push

8 hours ago, DCJonah said:

You said people claimed sacking Bruce WOULD lead to promotion when in reality people are saying it COULD, which given our squad is a reasonable opinion to hold. 

You also said people think literally any other manager would do better, which there isn't any posts saying this. 

Well in the absence of a nominated replacement......."what is a boy to think" sorry watching too much "frasier":)

seriously.....just removing the manager is only the job half done.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Surely everyone would be happy with that if we fail to get promoted. Is there anyone who would want him to try again?

Speaking on purely a personal level, no. If he couldn't get the current squad of players promoted then I couldn't see him being successful when the vultures have swooped on Villa's better players before the start of next season. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

seriously.....just removing the manager is only the job half done.

For once TRO I think we are in agreement. Sacking Bruce would cut the head off the Turkey (trying to be seasonal) but the legs would work due to the nerve ends still being in place (Round and Wyness).

3 minutes ago, striker said:

For once TRO I think we are in agreement. Sacking Bruce would cut the head off the Turkey (trying to be seasonal) but the legs would work due to the nerve ends still being in place (Round and Wyness).

I was really referring to the replacement being the other half.

7 hours ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Nah, it's you tickling my humerus, G-man. You are unquestionably the Villa Talk man of the year. Happy to stand up and say what you believe, even if it means being unpopular in order to bring the change we all need. And you do it with style and wit too. 

Nah!

He has a team of script writers, if pressed, i think i could name them:D

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

No. I can't give you an example. THAT IS MY POINT!

Terry is praising him because he currently plays for him. You've literally just said it yourself! There is no other reason. Terry has always praised Bruce any time he's been asked about him. Since the day he arrived

terry hasn't released a statement of support and unity. He was asked about Bruce on MNF and answered positively. Maybe the problem here is you've invented some sort of press release from Terry?

There is a danger that John Terry likes him, rates him, so decided to join him.

and continues to suuport him.

maybe its just too damn obvious in this cynical world we survive in.

12 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I'm surprised there is as much disagreement in this thread as there is.

If he gets us up he has succeeded, if he doesn't then he has failed. Seems quite simple to me.

You are far too much.....to the point for this site.

your directness may seem confusing to folk.:D

Â