Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

But Rigo. You yourself have admitted that players, including Terry, will ALWAYS praise the manager. Would you expect Terry to slag Bruce off when asked about his manager?

Can you present me a case where a player has came out and slagged a manager off whilst playing at the same team, the point you are missing is why is Terry praising him? Does he realise he is also doing shit as a manager so he comes out to ease a bit of pressure off Bruce?

So if that is the case, that Terry will always praise bruce, how can you possibly say that the fact that he is praising Bruce now all of a sudden means that he's 2 games from the sack?

It happens at many clubs and has for a long time, Team doing shit > manager under scrutiny/pressure > player x releases statement of support and unity. Next thing you see, the manager has been sacked?!

That makes absolutely zero sense. Something that has been happening since Bruce got here, suddenly means Bruce is about to get sacked. There is no correlation.

Whether Bruce is sacked in 2 games or not, has absolutely no relevance. The only thing that would prove is that you were right in predicting he was two bad results from the sack. It doesn't prove that Terry praising his manager was evidence of that.

It is my take/opinion of the situation and sorry you have found it difficult to understand where I am coming from.;)

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Do you by any chance think literally any manager could do a better job and sacking him would lead to promotion? :)

I think the club could have big decision to make in a few weeks if results don't improve again.

Could this be why Terry has came out to praise the manager lately?..  as he can also see this.

I don't get why Bruce is being praised for doing shit but I do get why JT is doing what he is.

10 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Can you present me a case where a player has came out and slagged a manager off whilst playing at the same team, the point you are missing is why is Terry praising him? Does he realise he is also doing shit as a manager so he comes out to ease a bit of pressure off Bruce?

No. I can't give you an example. THAT IS MY POINT!

Terry is praising him because he currently plays for him. You've literally just said it yourself! There is no other reason. Terry has always praised Bruce any time he's been asked about him. Since the day he arrived

10 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It happens at many clubs and has for a long time, Team doing shit > manager under scrutiny/pressure > player x releases statement of support and unity. Next thing you see, the manager has been sacked?!

terry hasn't released a statement of support and unity. He was asked about Bruce on MNF and answered positively. Maybe the problem here is you've invented some sort of press release from Terry?

Edited by Stevo985

3 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Who knows, many things are possible, including Bruce getting us promoted.

About as much possibility as you posting something of relevance then? 

3 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Do you?

Go back and read the last 100 pages son and educate yourself.  ;)

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

No. I can't give you an example. THAT IS MY POINT!

Terry is praising him because he currently plays for him. You've literally just said it yourself!

terry hasn't released a statement of support and unity. He was asked about Bruce on MNF and answered positively. Maybe the problem here is you've invented some sort of press release from Terry?

Steveo. Leave it mate. I have answered you as many ways possible for you but still refuse to get it.

You can lead a horse to water and all that..

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

Steveo. Leave it mate. I have answered you as many ways possible for you but still refuse to get it.

You have answered, but you're yet to make any sense. I cannot believe you don't see how you're contradicting yourself, so much so that i think you're actually just winding me up.

19 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Could this be why Terry has came out to praise the manager lately?..  as he can also see this.

I don't get why Bruce is being praised for doing shit but I do get why JT is doing what he is.

He isnt doing shit, he is doing a ok job. Things were going well until the Leeds game where I still believe fatigue and bad tactics esp(against derby) have seen recent results blip

Terry is praising Bruce because I feel Terry enjoys playing here and the way the manager has been. I mean look at the way Bruce handled the Whelan situation he didn't ruin him for that stupid mistake like I have on here. That is good man management 

31 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He isnt doing shit, he is doing a ok job. Things were going well until the Leeds game where I still believe fatigue and bad tactics esp(against derby) have seen recent results blip

Terry is praising Bruce because I feel Terry enjoys playing here and the way the manager has been. I mean look at the way Bruce handled the Whelan situation he didn't ruin him for that stupid mistake like I have on here. That is good man management 

Or another way to look at it it, he's getting the results against the rubbish teams - and only just beating them by the odd goal.. but as soon as we are up against decent opposition we come undone.

Which leads to the next question, would you trust Bruce to beat the decent teams in a playoff scenario? as automatic promotion is looking very unlikely now and his record against the better sides is simply atrocious to have any confidence to go up through the playoffs. 

Against the teams currently in the top 6 we have lost every game, so if anyone thinks we have a good chance in the playoffs really needs to think about this.

Edited by Junxs
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Or another way to look at it it, he's getting the results against the rubbish teams - and only just beating them by the odd goal.. but as soon as we are up against decent opposition we come undone.

Which leads to the next question, would you trust Bruce to beat the decent teams in a playoff scenario? as automatic promotion is looking very unlikely now and his record against the better sides is simply atrocious to have any confidence to go up through the playoffs. 

Against the teams currently in the top 6 we have lost every game, so if anyone thinks we have a good chance in the playoffs really needs to think about this.

See people are wrong his record inst atrocious against the top teams its away to these teams. We beat Derby last year quite comfortably, beat Cardiff, Wednesday, Fulham all at home. He needs to improve his record at these places I certainly agree with that but I think its incorrect to say he cant beat the top sides

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

You have answered, but you're yet to make any sense. I cannot believe you don't see how you're contradicting yourself, so much so that i think you're actually just winding me up.

Not at all mate, but despite any Terry statements I feel Bruce has to get 6 points from the next two games or there could be trouble ahead.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

In terms of this seasons expectations he is falling below par.

He is not filling many people with confidence put it that way.

It is a results business and if we don't get them then the blame has to lay with Bruce.

If he can get a maximum overhaul of points available from now until Jan 1st then I for one will be first to give credit where it is due.

44 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Which leads to the next question, would you trust Bruce to beat the decent teams in a playoff scenario?

As it stands, no.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

See people are wrong his record inst atrocious against the top teams its away to these teams. We beat Derby last year quite comfortably, beat Cardiff, Wednesday, Fulham all at home. He needs to improve his record at these places I certainly agree with that but I think its incorrect to say he cant beat the top sides

Derby finished 9th and Cardiff 12th.

We may have beaten Fulham 1-0 at home, but lost 3-1 away.

Overall against the top 6 last season we played 12 - W 3, D 4, Lost 5

13 points from a possible 36. Roughly a point a game on average.

Not worth bringing last season into it anyway, despite the record not being great, but we have a largely different team

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Your analogy doesn't work.

A builder getting something so wrong as for part of a house to collapse could probably be classed as gross negligence. You'd probably be looking at a lawsuit or worse.

It's not even close to a footballer misplacing a backpass. 

Thats an opinion and not a fact.

Most of my family work in the building trade and although a porch collapsing it a bit extreme, roofs leaking and broken windows etc are not uncommon errors for which the person involved is always either moved onto a simpler tasks or paired with a more experienced person to learn from the mistake.

The analogy seemed appropriate as a mistake leading to a goal is as damaging to a team as a porch falling down is the the integrity of a house. Not the end of the world, can be recovered but makes everything harder.

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Jesus Christ. I didn't realise this was so complicated.

I'm saying we should analyse games, of course we should. What I'm saying is Glenn Whelan isn't walking into Bodymoor Heath on Monday morning whistling not realising he's made a mistake.

Steve Bruce doesn't have to sit him down in front of a tv and say "See here Glenn, when you passed the ball to the opposition player and he scored? Yeah you're not actually meant to do that"

Your Einstein quote doesn't work in this scenario either. it would be relevant if the Whelan mistake was the result of a deliberate tactic or strategy and we were just going to carry on with that strategy. But it's not. It was a **** up. It happens.

It's the same as a striker blazing a penalty over the bar. He doesn't need his manager to sit him down and tell him he made a mistake. He knows it. He's a **** adult.

Now IF Glenn Whelan starts doing backpasses to the opposition every week, THEN it becomes an addressable problem. The same as if an employee working for me was making the same mistake every week. Then I'd be agreeing with you.

Whelan has made this particular mistake 3 times since he arrived.  To me that suggesys he needs to either pay more attention or reduce his opinion of his passing ability because he is trying to make passes he clearly isnt capable of making.

And thats only the his mistake has been capitalised on 3 times, i can think of at least another half dozen similar passes he has made that he hot away with - so yes, is is doing something over and over again that isnt working and he certainly needs to be addressing it and so should the manager and coaching staff.

He is by no means the only player doing this either which does point to an overiding influence resulting in this effect.

Christmas, a time for peace on earth and goodwill to all men. Except Steve Bruce unless our poor performances against Millwall and Derby are rapidly put right on Saturday. I think we can all guess what he put in his letter to Santa...

That's pretty much where we all are isn't it?

50 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

You do know that the semi is a home & AWAY which we have to have either on agg. win or Pens win.

The final is by definition an AWAY game

53 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Derby finished 9th and Cardiff 12th.

We may have beaten Fulham 1-0 at home, but lost 3-1 away.

Overall against the top 6 last season we played 12 - W 3, D 4, Lost 5

13 points from a possible 36. Roughly a point a game on average.

Not worth bringing last season into it anyway, despite the record not being great, but we have a largely different team

But the original point said Bruce cant win against big teams which is wrong as stated there. We also beat Reading at Reading. We clearly struggle away from home  at the big grounds at the moment. But like I have stated many times we have not played any of these sides at home and I think we are capable of beating anyone at home despite the Millwall result. 

15 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

You do know that the semi is a home & AWAY which we have to have either on agg. win or Pens win.

The final is by definition an AWAY game

Of course but by that stage I would like to think we would have a better 2nd half of the season and we are beating some of these sides. 

Â