Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, JE- said:

Kodja has one goal more than Cameron Jerome... 

I think we need to put it into perspective about how well our players are performing 

Chris wood also cost Leeds 3m I think.. Look how many goals he's scoring.. Is he prem level? No I don't think he is

And this is relevant to Bruce how given he didn't sign him?

Besides, you seem to think people are over rating our players and that they aren't that good yet you think Bruce is under achieving.

That seems a little conflicting to me.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

And this is relevant to Bruce how given he didn't sign him?

Just making the point we have spent a hell of alot of money on players at this level that don't have much more ability if any than the rest of the group 

I can't see Bruce getting top 2 next season.. And on that basis he has messed his chance up for me 

But he's here to stay for next season so let's hope he don't cock it up 

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

So he has messed up the chance you've not given him? 

Fair enough. I'm out. 

He got us to a chance of the top 6...then insisted on putting 2 up top and added a load of new players in when one up top was working for him  

This is what Bruce does.. High turnover of players every season and makes changes all the time 

13 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I'm not saying stability is a guarantee, but it's a darn sight better than what we've had over the last however many years. If Steve Bruce is doing only an average job with this squad we should go up next year, I'd back him to do that and rather that than yet another roll of the dice. 

Question is how long do we have to wait for this stability? Furthermore I'm not sure I follow your logic here. Why exactly should we go up next year? 

Rolling the dice now or at the end of the season is risky, then again so is sticking to Bruce IMHO.

7 minutes ago, JE- said:

Just making the point we have spent a hell of alot of money on players at this level that don't have much more ability if any than the rest of the group 

I can't see Bruce getting top 2 next season.. And on that basis he has messed his chance up for me 

But he's here to stay for next season so let's hope he don't cock it up 

I think everyone is fully aware we've spent a lot. Most though aren't judging Bruce on the signings of others. 

If your point is that the players we've signed like Kodjia 'don't have much more ability than the rest of the group' then, and I say this with the greatest respect, it's a daft bloody point. 

As for next season, so in short you can't see something happening in the future therefor Bruce has messed up in the present. Er okay. Personally, and call me crazy here but I'm going to, er, you know maybe judge him next season on next season.

• Like 2

Bruce managed to create a team out of the horror show Di Matteo built and left.   Ok it went tits up during the window, AFCON and a brainfart with the 5 at the back but I think things are settling down now we've settled on a back 4, Jedinak, Lansbury and Hourihane as a balanced midfield 3 and I think Hogan's injury may be a blessing in disguise as I think he and Kodjia were being shoehorned into the team together.  If we keep this core for next season I think we will be fighting for promotion under Bruce.

14 minutes ago, terrytini said:

So we are better and worse than the baggies who have a better and worse Manager than Bruce who is and isn't doing a good and bad job because he is over achieving with poor players and underacheiving with  good ones but it's actually all Wynesses fault for not buying someone who went to Leeds ?

Yes ?

Actually it's Bruce's fault that his predecessor signed Kodjia instead of Wood who he could easily have signed if you ignore the fact he moved 12 months before he was appointed.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Question is how long do we have to wait for this stability? Furthermore I'm not sure I follow your logic here. Why exactly should we go up next year? 

Rolling the dice now or at the end of the season is risky, then again so is sticking to Bruce IMHO.

How long do we have to wait? Hopefully it's coming. Stability is earned. 

Why should we go up? Because I think the squad is, in the main, good enough to. We will need a keeper and a bit of depth, but the core is right. The manager is proven at this level and despite walking the line he appears to have changed things for the better and learned from the experience. I hope that continues. 

It's only my opinion, by the way. Not to be confused with fact.

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Bruce managed to create a team out of the horror show Di Matteo built and left.   Ok it went tits up during the window, AFCON and a brainfart with the 5 at the back but I think things are settling down now we've settled on a back 4, Jedinak, Lansbury and Hourihane as a balanced midfield 3 and I think Hogan's injury may be a blessing in disguise as I think he and Kodjia were being shoehorned into the team together.  If we keep this core for next season I think we will be fighting for promotion under Bruce.

When exactly did Bruce ever manage to create a team with what RDM left behind? Sure we won a few games, but performances were most terrible, and the lineup kept changing from one week to another.

Hogan's injury left Bruce with no option than to ditch what was his preferred new formation and team. If anything this just underlines the fact that he's underperforming.

I find it quite staggering that Bruce is being questioned already. Looking at his managerial career he has managed 8 clubs and a total of 809 games winning 305 of them which is a win percentage of 37% 

Bearing in mind the types of clubs he has managed I would say his record alone should give him some time to do what he needs to do here. That is without the 4 promotions in the premiership and keeping other less desirable clubs in the prem

Every manager makes mistakes and has limitations even the best ones however we appear to have one of if not the best manager to get our club out of this division. 

Society has appeared to have turned into "I want it now" if people don't get what they want they appear to stomp there feet and demand change. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dappadan said:

I find it quite staggering that Bruce is being questioned already. Looking at his managerial career he has managed 8 clubs and a total of 809 games winning 305 of them which is a win percentage of 37% 

Bearing in mind the types of clubs he has managed I would say his record alone should give him some time to do what he needs to do here. That is without the 4 promotions in the premiership and keeping other less desirable clubs in the prem

Every manager makes mistakes and has limitations even the best ones however we appear to have one of if not the best manager to get our club out of this division. 

Society has appeared to have turned into "I want it now" if people don't get what they want they appear to stomp there feet and demand change. 

Questioned I think is justified, written off I think is different. He has made some mistakes and some of his decisions have been questionable but I'm yet to see a manager of any club that that does apply to especially when decisions are reviewed in 20:20 hindsight and alternatives were always better.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, terrytini said:

So we are better and worse than the baggies who have a better and worse Manager than Bruce who is and isn't doing a good and bad job because he is over achieving with poor players and underacheiving with  good ones but it's actually all Wynesses fault for not buying someone who went to Leeds ?

Yes ?

Yes this is correct, it's not that difficult to grasp is it?....jeeez

:)

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

How long do we have to wait? Hopefully it's coming. Stability is earned. 

Why should we go up? Because I think the squad is, in the main, good enough to. We will need a keeper and a bit of depth, but the core is right. The manager is proven at this level and despite walking the line he appears to have changed things for the better and learned from the experience. I hope that continues. 

It's only my opinion, by the way. Not to be confused with fact.

This is what I keep reading, on a daily basis, and surely this part at least is fact, not just your opinion? Most seem to think it's more or less a guarantee we'll get promotion next season, if we simply stick by Bruce. Given what we've seen thus far, I'd say it's highly unlikely we'll get promoted with him at the helm.

I do however agree, the squad certainly is strong enough now, and I'd argue it was so before January too.

• Like 1

Just now, vreitti said:

This is what I keep reading, on a daily basis, and surely this part at least is fact, not just your opinion? Most seem to think it's more or less a guarantee we'll get promotion next season, if we simply stick by Bruce. Given what we've seen thus far, I'd say it's highly unlikely we'll get promoted with him at the helm.

Do they? Not sure that is a reflection of the views on here. 

• Like 1

Â