Rate Summer 2016 Signings

jackbauer24

53 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

You missunderstand my interpretation of reality.

We are in the Ch 

We are AVFC

We have an owner who other clubs feel they can hold to ransom

Not even Bergkamp performed scored from the off

What did you really expect from Kodjia?

Where we are as a club, where he came from BCFC, into the shit-run club he came into with  a shit midfield and no supplyline I think he has exceeded all expectations.

Chester came down a division and is performing better and better forming a very good partnership with Baker and being overworked beside Elphick & Hutton.

Imagine taking Chester, Baker, Jedi & Kodjia out of our lineup.

Maybe then one can appreciate their individual  values to the team.

Im sorry but I don't care what context its in. There is no way that any of our signings have been 10 out of 10. Not a chance.

Kodjia has done ok. 7/10 I'd say. I'm pleased with the lad.

But 10/10. Really? And Chester 10/10 too? 

We are not going to agree on this one but hey, that's what forums are all about. 

38 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Im sorry but I don't care what context its in. There is no way that any of our signings have been 10 out of 10. Not a chance.

Kodjia has done ok. 7/10 I'd say. I'm pleased with the lad.

But 10/10. Really? And Chester 10/10 too? 

We are not going to agree on this one but hey, that's what forums are all about. 

you should go smoke a fag

I'll be watching you

These are my ratings. I've included all current players as well as last season's players for comparison.

Based on a combination of current ability, potential and likelihood of fulfilling my ideal of what I would expect from a player in their preferred role at Premier League level.

9 - (Gil, Traore)

8 - Amavi (Gueye, Clark, Okore)

7.5 - Bacuna

7 - Jedinak, Westwood, Kozak, Cissokho, Agbonlahor (Guzan)

6.5 - Gardner, Tshibola

6 - Hutton, McCormack, Gollini,

5 - Kodjia, Baker, Chester, RHM, Bunn (Sanchez, Lescott)

4 - Grealish, Ayew (Sinclair, Bennett)

2 to 3 - Elphick, Adomah, De Laet, Gestede, Richards, Lyden (Veretout, Richardson, Robinson)

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Chester, Elphick, Baker, Suliman and Mason

What are you basing this nonsense on? Really?

Chester. Fine. At this level he is very good. And so he should.

Baker is certainly suited to this level and Is playing well. I wouldn't say it's come to the time when we can be calling him very good.

The other 3. Well you're just in cloud cuckoo land imo. Elphick has been awful and the other 2 have never played.

I genuinely have no idea what scale (as want of a better word) you measure football talent on..... but it's massively flawed.

You say (and I'm quoting your opinion from across the forum here) we've got all these brilliant/wonderful players yet we lie mid-table in the championship, playing some really dour stuff. Doesn't quite add up to me.

3 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

What are you basing this nonsense on? Really?

Chester. Fine. At this level he is very good. And so he should.

Baker is certainly suited to this level and Is playing well. I wouldn't say it's come to the time when we can be calling him very good.

The other 3. Well you're just in cloud cuckoo land imo. Elphick has been awful and the other 2 have never played.

I genuinely have no idea what scale (as want of a better word) you measure football talent on..... but it's massively flawed.

You say (and I'm quoting your opinion from across the forum here) we've got all these brilliant/wonderful players yet we lie mid-table in the championship, playing some really dour stuff. Doesn't quite add up to me.

You think Elphick has been awful? He was outstanding at the start of the season in my opinion but then his performance level dropped and now he finds himself on the bench. That doesn't mean that he won't find a way back in to the starting 11. 

2 hours ago, Michael118 said:

These are my ratings. I've included all current players as well as last season's players for comparison.

Based on a combination of current ability, potential and likelihood of fulfilling my ideal of what I would expect from a player in their preferred role at Premier League level.

7.5 - Bacuna

7 - Jedinak, Westwood, Kozak, Cissokho, Agbonlahor 

6.5 - Gardner, Tshibola

5 - Kodjia, Baker, Chester, RHM, Bunn 

4 - Grealish, Ayew

2 to 3 - Elphick, Adomah, De Laet, Gestede, Richards, Lyden 

6e82186e282bb63da5e738e18c592eb2.gif

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

You think Elphick has been awful? 

Yes. Do do many other ppl. He has never been outstanding. His passion endeared himself to the fans at the start but his limits were very evident even at Sheffield Wednesday when it was clear he was very slow.

10 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

now he finds himself on the bench. That doesn't mean that he won't find a way back in to the starting 11. 

No it doesn't but if he does, it doesn't necessarily mean that he's 'very good' either.

Like, I say, I've no idea what your basing your evaluation of many villa players on but you seem to blatantly ignore what is staring you right in the face.

2 hours ago, Michael118 said:

9 - (Gil, Traore)

7.5 - Bacuna

6.5 - Gardner, Tshibola

2 to 3 - Elphick, Adomah, De Laet, Gestede, Richards, Lyden (Veretout, Richardson, Robinson)

Where do you get this nonsense from?!

3 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

You think Elphick has been awful? He was outstanding at the start of the season in my opinion but then his performance level dropped and now he finds himself on the bench. That doesn't mean that he won't find a way back in to the starting 11. 

Elphick started okay but his performances just before he ended up out of the team were atrocious

3 hours ago, Woodytom said:

Yes. Do do many other ppl. He has never been outstanding. His passion endeared himself to the fans at the start but his limits were very evident even at Sheffield Wednesday when it was clear he was very slow.

No it doesn't but if he does, it doesn't necessarily mean that he's 'very good' either.

Like, I say, I've no idea what your basing your evaluation of many villa players on but you seem to blatantly ignore what is staring you right in the face.

It is my own personal opinion, if we all had the same opinions, the world would be a very boring place ;) in my opinion, Elphick was outstanding at the start of the season but he has tailed off for whatever reason, can you just remind me what is staring me right in the face? Please go ahead woodytom, I await your well constructed, eloquent response

6 hours ago, Michael118 said:

9 - (Gil, Traore)

7.5 - Bacuna

6.5 - Gardner, Tshibola

Can't work out if this is a joke or not ... ? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

It is my own personal opinion, if we all had the same opinions, the world would be a very boring place ;) in my opinion, Elphick was outstanding at the start of the season but he has tailed off for whatever reason, can you just remind me what is staring me right in the face? Please go ahead woodytom, I await your well constructed, eloquent response

Well the fact were mid table in the championship, and very rarely keep a clean sheet.

Yet according to your personal opinion which I obviously respect, you state we have 5 very good centre backs. 2 of which have never even played before!

You literally leave no room for future superlatives, should our status as a club improve.

In short a mid table championship team does not have 5 very good central defenders.

Edited by Woodytom

Signings

Gollini 4 - Potential but shouldn't be first choice not in the championship we need a reliable pair of hands

DeLaet 5 - Looked average before the injury so i'll rate him based on that

Elphick 4 - I've seen glaciers move faster than this guy

Chester 8 - Quality defender not the biggest but reads the game exceptionally well 

Tshibola 5 - Haven't seen enough of him to make a judgement has potential but never gets a game

Jedinak 7 - Started off crap but without him we would be alot weaker defensively has to carry Gardner/Westwood e.t.c every game

Adomah 8 - Always looks one of our most threatening players and we seem to win games when he plays

McCormack 5 - Poor hasn't looked 100% fit since he's been here hasn't been given a run up front since he's been here but is a proven goal scorer

Kodjia 8 - Scores goals still don't think Bruce knows what his best position is whether it be out wide or up front.

Others

Baker 7 - Has evolved from a chuckle brother into a decent defender ahead of Elphick every week imo

Hutton 6 - Poor offensively average defensively

Amavi 7 - After the horrific injury he had he's starting to show the potential he has i still think there is room for improvement

Bacuna 6 - Should be starting in midfield not because he's good at is because he gives us some energy in there and is better than the other two his passing is woeful though

Westwood 4 - We may as well be playing with 10 men when he's in the side i don't see what he adds to the team, I die a little more inside when he does his usual 1 shot a game that ends up going out for a throw in zero composure

Gardner 5 - Not much better than Westwood

Grealish 7 - Still more to come from Jack hopefully has put his party boy persona behind him Bruce will help him with this.

Ayew 6 - Luxury player we can't afford Adomah and Grealish ahead of this guy every week imo

Gestede 6 - If we can get 7 mill for him in the summer snap their arms off

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Well the fact were mid table in the championship, and very rarely keep a clean sheet.

Yet according to your personal opinion which I obviously respect, you state we have 5 very good centre backs. 2 of which have never even played before!

You literally leave no room for future superlatives, should our status as a club improve.

In short a mid table championship team does not have 5 very good central defenders.

Chap, how long have you been a member of this forum? I think I joined in June 2007 when I should've been revising for my GCSEs, I am 25 years old now, how old are you?

You and I can never really have a debate as such, we just have a slanging match. Do you think we will finish in mid-table at the end of this current season? I think we will sneak the play offs and then win then win the final itself.

i did state that we have 5 very good centre backs, 2 of which have never played for our first team but have enjoyed fruitful loan spells at other league clubs (Niall Mason and Easah Suliman). They are outstanding young talents and deserve an opportunity at this football club.

I like to think that I am very positive in life my friend, I think it is the best way to be :) are you?

11 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I am 25 years old now, how old are you?

31. Have no idea what this has to do with anything?

12 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

You and I can never really have a debate as such, we just have a slanging match.

I don't see any slanging match here?

13 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Do you think we will finish in mid-table at the end of this current season?

I think it's very much in the balance but i think we've given ourselves too much to do.

15 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

2 of which have never played for our first team but have enjoyed fruitful loan spells at other league clubs (Niall Mason and Easah Suliman).

So it's a little premature to say they are very good at this level?

16 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I like to think that I am very positive in life my friend, I think it is the best way to be :) are you?

That's good. I agree. I too imo. 

A positive outlook on life doesn't have to include thinking every player that pulls on an Aston villa shirt is outstanding, which you seem to do. 

• Like 2

Â