Rate Summer 2016 Signings

jackbauer24

Kodjia 8- Funnily enough after his debut when people were saying it was the best since Benteke's, I didn't think he was that great but he's really grown on me since with his goals and performances. I think there's more to come from him aswell...even in the Premier league. Let's hope it's with us.

Adomah 7- Slow start but like many improve a lot in last two months. Again more to come as he's been a bit more quieter in away games but he has pace and can play out wide and we barely have any players who can do that so very important player in this squad. Hopefully Ghana won't call him up.

McCormack 5- Just not impressed at all. 5 months on and we still don't know what his best position is in the 11. Think he'll be moved on end of season (we'll need him to cover during January).

Chester 7- Loses a mark as he's shaky when Elphick is playing but he's been terrific alongside Baker. In fairness I can see where Woody is coming from. His is a lad who started a european championships semi final just 6 months back so he should be comfortable at this level but still nice to see us have a CB again who's no frills and actually reliable. Seems to have taken over from Elphick as voice of the club aswell.

Elphick 4- Started o.k but really only memorable thing is that head banging on the post...he's been very very average once the game starts. In his defence though....how good can we really expect 3m signings from Bournemouth to be? I think his signing was overhyped in the summer due to our club being desperate for leaders and he was presented as one. Another I expect will be moved on in the summer.

Jedinak 6- Hopeless start but much more what I expected since November.

Gollini 5- Been very hit and miss. Poor at the start, improved but seems SB has now lost faith. I think in fairness Steve Bruce has decided he's too inexperienced to rely on in a promotion battle and that's why he wants a more experienced keeper in for the second half of the season. Could Gollini's nerves hold in the pressure of the play offs for example or would a Huddersfield style clanger from him cost us promotion?

Edit: My gut feeling in the summer was we'd actually signed well (unlike 2015) as most of them have proven championship experience and quality at this level but RDM was just a disaster on so many levels so it's taken SB to come in for these players to show their quality.

Edited by VillaChris

On 12/23/2016 at 16:54, kurtsimonw said:

It is coming from someone who said Bruce would sink us even further than RDM

Maybe you should check out the "Squad/Team - How do you see it?" thread.

I'll also add - 

Posted on July 18 in the Promotion 2016/17 thread, at a time when there was some skepticism surrounding Tony Xia and generally optimism surrounding the appointment of RDM:

I like Xia but am underwhelmed with Di Matteo. I don't see him as a manager capable of bringing out the best in an underperforming squad.

Posted on Aug 17 in the General Predictions thread after the Rotherham victory:

...RDM to be sacked before the end of the season.

Posted on Aug 20 in the Ciaran Clark thread:

I'll be surprised if Clark turns out to be "just another defender" at Newcastle. He has all the makings to be a top class centre back if someone is prepared to back him in and allow him to develop. At his best, he has at least as much leadership ability as Elphick and is a much better player overall.    

Under a better manager and at a club that values him I can see him being a real asset. 

Posted on July 1 in the Transfer and Speculation Thread:

Disappointed we are missing out on Gayle. He could be prolific under the right guidance.

Edited by Michael118

3 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Maybe you should check out the "Squad/Team - How do you see it?" thread.

I'll also add - 

Posted on July 18 in the Promotion 2016/17 thread, at a time when there was some skepticism surrounding Tony Xia and generally optimism surrounding the appointment of RDM:

Posted on Aug 17 in the General Predictions thread after the Rotterham victory:

Posted on Aug 20 in the Ciaran Clark thread:

Posted on July 1 in the Transfer and Speculation Thread:

post enough random stuff that contradicts itself over time, then of course you'll be able to quote somthing

23 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

far too many

But thanks, you're always good for a laugh. keep it up.

MX&HNY

I'd love to see all this random stuff I've posted which contradicts itself in less than12 months that I've been posting here.

The evidence and truth is there in my post history for anybody who wants it or is interested.

20 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

I'd love to see all this random stuff I've posted which contradicts itself in less than12 months that I've been posting here.

The evidence and truth is there in my post history for anybody who wants it or is interested.

good luck to anyone fancying the challenge

43 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Was it you that said the stuff about knowing more about football than the rest of us because you know the spiritual side of it all, or something to that effect?

Apols if that was not you.

11 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Was it you that said the stuff about knowing more about football than the rest of us because you know the spiritual side of it all, or something to that effect?

Apols if that was not you.

i ran out of likes

Edited by Grasshopper

Â