Classic Ads on TV

trekka

12 minutes ago, imavillan said:

A brilliant advert

Yes, there are loads of brilliant Carling adverts. Shows the power, this awful, awful beer got a dominant market position on the back of possiby the best advertising campaign in history. 

Just now, sidcow said:

Yes, there are loads of brilliant Carling adverts. Shows the power, this awful, awful beer got a dominant market position on the back of possiby the best advertising campaign in history. 

yes, they went through a period of shed loads of ads with that catch phrase.

It worked for them at the time and well and truly put Carling on the map so to speak.

I picked out that particular one as i think it's the best that they did. Although as you say there were many to choose from.

• Like 1

Guinness are another one. Youtube seems to have the usual suspects but I can't find the one I'm looking for where an emergency team is sent out to teach a guy who has forgotten how to order a Guinness by getting him to repeat the phrase Ness A Guin over and over till it becomes A Guinness.  

I thought it a clever ad. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Guinness are another one. Youtube seems to have the usual suspects but I can't find the one I'm looking for where an emergency team is sent out to teach a guy who has forgotten how to order a Guinness by getting him to repeat the phrase Ness A Guin over and over till it becomes A Guinness.  

I thought it a clever ad. 

I think it was part of this campaign. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

During the Tango campaign you could get a tango figure, I sent away for one, they addressed it to Bursting udders and I still have it to this day. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Â