Nintendo Switch

Chindie

On 05/02/2018 at 23:22, Dick said:

We're coming up to the first anniversary of the launch, here are my ratings for the games I have played:

BOTW - 9.5/10 - my first Zelda experience and one which has taken my breath away and given me a lot of enjoyment

Mario Odyssey - 9/10 - Classic Mario moments, wrapped up with a new experience and additions, great fun. Slightly let down by controls.

Mario Kart 8 - 7/10 - I love Mario Kart but feel a little bored with this. Probably needs more time, but I have had it for 6 months and haven't touched it for 2.

Lego Undercover - 8/10 - Great fun, some wonderful moments. A really enjoyable game, not the hardest I have played but I like switching off and loading up.

Lego Marvel Superheroes 2 - 7.5/10 - Only 2 levels in but this is possibly the best Marvel game yet. Rating likely to rise.

Rocket League - 7/10, Minecraft - 7/10, Stardew Valley 6/10.

I've made a big error. Stardew Valley is 9/10, and I can't put it down. Found it very slow to start and nothing really explains the mechanics, but once you get beyond that you find a gem of a game.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
21 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Walking dead telltale series coming on switch next week. This should be great.

Seems the switch threads gone abit dead are people still playing it or it collecting dust?

Another good game coming to switch that I've already finished on PS4. ?

I love my Switch but I'd like some Nintendo releases soon.

6 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Another good game coming to switch that I've already finished on PS4. ?

I love my Switch but I'd like some Nintendo releases soon.

I dont have a ps4 so great for me. Smash brothers and mario party look great.

The new online will come into action mext month which you pay for. I am going to wait and see what they have planned as if its what it currently is I'm not paying it.

If they ahve n64 and GameCube virtual content then I'll pay for sure!

• Like 1

I only ever play Zelda. But I'm terrible at only playing one game at a time. So I played Zelda loads, then put id down and picked up GT Sport on the PS4 and can't put it down again.

I can never play two games in parallel.

I need to finish Zelda so I can buy stuff like Mario and play a few more. It's only BOTW and Mario Kart 8 that I've played so far.

22 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Walking dead telltale series coming on switch next week. This should be great.

Seems the switch threads gone abit dead are people still playing it or it collecting dust?

Mine is sadly collecting dust, distinct lack of games for me. I bought Mario Tennis but got bored after a few hours.

Also, too much coming out for the PS4 this fall so the Switch isn't going to get a look in.

53 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I only ever play Zelda. But I'm terrible at only playing one game at a time. So I played Zelda loads, then put id down and picked up GT Sport on the PS4 and can't put it down again.

I can never play two games in parallel.

I need to finish Zelda so I can buy stuff like Mario and play a few more. It's only BOTW and Mario Kart 8 that I've played so far.

You need to get on mario odyssey. It's a travesty if you have a switch and nwver played it!

Also waiting to beat you at MK :mrgreen:

• 3 weeks later...

Guys,

I might be being stupid here but there seems to be conflicting products when i google this.

Can you buy, on it's own, a dock (including the wires) for the Switch?
By a dock I mean the dock that you slot the switch in to get it playing on your TV (as opposed to a dock just for charging)

I'd like to get a dock for the TV in the bedroom so I can easily move the switch from room to room and not have to move any wires etc.

Edited by Stevo985

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Guys,

I might be being stupid here but there seems to be conflicting products when i google this.

By a dock I mean the dock that you slot the switch in to get it playing on your TV (as opposed to a dock just for charging)

I'd like to get a dock for the TV in the bedroom so I can easily move the switch from room to room and not have to move any wires etc.

EDIT mis read

Edited by Demitri_C

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Guys,

Nintendo actually sell/sold them as a standalone product for £80 but good luck finding one as they have been out of stock for months. There's a few from resellers on amazon for £120

https://store.nintendo.co.uk/nintendo-switch-accessory/nintendo-switch-dock-set/11469708.html

160640.jpg

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Chindie said:

There are third party docks and adaptor cables but there's numerous scare stories about them bricking consoles I believe.

Yeah I saw those.

I'm not desperate. I can obviously just play it handheld.
Would have just been a nice to have.

25 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Move the dock from downstairs to upstairs when you go up? Would take like 2 minutes? 

Well it would involve unplugging wires and moving TVs forward and reconnecting etc

Which is obviously possible but not worth it when I can just use the screen on the switch.

I suppose I could just buy the wires and then just move the dock, but even then an AC adapter looks like it's 25-30 quid...

Edited by Stevo985

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Well it would involve unplugging wires and moving TVs forward and reconnecting etc

Which is obviously possible but not worth it when I can just use the screen on the switch.

I suppose I could just buy the wires and then just move the dock, but even then an AC adapter looks like it's 25-30 quid...

Yeah fair enough, the Nintendo premium doesn’t help when otherwise cheap bits of guff are mentally priced. Wouldn’t surprise me if Nintendo put the scare stories about third party stuff out there in the first place. 

• Like 1

Also, while I'm here, does anyone else have problems with the controller not working sometimes?

When I'm playing Zelda (docked, i.e. controller separate from switch) it will often not read button presses or react multiple times to a single press.

It seems to be literally when there isn't a clear line of sight between switch and controller. I have a coffee table in the way. If I move to the side then it works, but if the coffee table is between us it causes problems.

Seems pretty shit! A google seems to be fruitless apart from weird suggestions like I might be sitting too close to a fish tank... :D 

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Also, while I'm here, does anyone else have problems with the controller not working sometimes?

When I'm playing Zelda (docked, i.e. controller separate from switch) it will often not read button presses or react multiple times to a single press.

It seems to be literally when there isn't a clear line of sight between switch and controller. I have a coffee table in the way. If I move to the side then it works, but if the coffee table is between us it causes problems.

Seems pretty shit! A google seems to be fruitless apart from weird suggestions like I might be sitting too close to a fish tank... :D 

I bought the wired Zelda controller and I use it for every game now not just the one it's branded for. Really nice bit of kit.

• Like 1

Â