Champions League Final 2016

coda

i hope people who are judging managers depending on champs league direct results realise just how stupid it is

Madrid plays - roma + wolfsburg + city + 1 legged tie on nuetral game against Atletico

Whilst pep BM has to play the hardest teams  (lol benfica though ) throughout to get through. Yet zidane will be a success whilst pep is a failure...lol

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gharperr said:

i hope people who are judging managers depending on champs league direct results realise just how stupid it is

Madrid plays - roma + wolfsburg + city + 1 legged tie on nuetral game against Atletico

Whilst pep BM has to play the hardest teams  (lol benfica though ) throughout to get through. Yet zidane will be a success whilst pep is a failure...lol

It's not really just that in isolation. He took over a team that won the treble. He was then hammered in the SFs, hammered in the SFs again - though a few consolation goals when the tie was over made it look better. But still, 10 goals in 2 SFs is shocking. Then this season he failed to reach the final again. I personally struggle to rate managers who've only took on easy jobs. I'm not saying they shouldn't take them, of course they should. But Enrique has shown in his career that he can be a disaster (Roma's worst finish in a long time), yet still wins everything with Barca. Barca again, a very dominant team. If Pep takes over City, spends £200m and wins a league title that multiple managers have already done, I'd hardly be ready to be "Wow! He really is a God!"

shit game which for me sums up football at the moment that its not really fun to watch

also how shit was the Atletico keeper on the penos, some of them he didnt even bother

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KHV said:

Ridiculous comment. Ronaldo is an amazing talent he is not a cock at all. His determination and dedication to be where he is is second to none. He has everything you could ever want and need in life but he still puts in so much effort into his training and what he does on the pitch he deserves all the success he gets. Call him a cock all you like but of our players had put in half the effort he puts in day in day out then we would still be in the premier league. As dedicated athletes and professionals go he is right at the top of the tree. He is a genius and he is one of the greatest footballers of all time.I feel I have been lucky to see him in my lifetime. Brilliant player, utterly brilliant. Joy to watch, end of.

the Ronaldo hate from a lot of people still stems from the wink against Rooney 10 years ago, a lot worse players in English football since then and dont get same negative reaction about them. The man is a machine because he made himself like that, 99% of footballers arent as dedicated as him

shit game which for me sums up football at the moment that its not really fun to watch

also how shit was the Atletico keeper on the penos, some of them he didnt even bother

He was shit on them, I agree. Without him the game is 3/4-1 though.

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Totally agree. I bet the Euro's will be yet another snooze fest, full of dull games with wins getting ground out by the better organised winners. Football is lacking flair and creativity these days, tactics and organisation seems to be winning the day - with modern players increasingly becoming automatons. There hasn't been a genuinely good international tournament since Euro 2000, although the World Cup in 2002 was half decent. 

33 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Totally agree. I bet the Euro's will be yet another snooze fest, full of dull games with wins getting ground out by the better organised winners. Football is lacking flair and creativity these days, tactics and organisation seems to be winning the day - with modern players increasingly becoming automatons. There hasn't been a genuinely good international tournament since Euro 2000, although the World Cup in 2002 was half decent. 

International football has been boring for years I totally agree. The last few world cups and euros have been gash

Brilliant game of football.

Other than Pepe, it was a honest game, played at an incredible level. Clattenburg did well.

Sergio Ramos has really asserted himself among the conversation about some of the greatest ever players, and he's a bit of a character too.

Christian Bale is a freak of nature. He could dominate cricket, rugby, baseball, basketball, etc. Probably the purest athlete on the pitch. 

I feel sad for Atletico fans, but they should feel proud. 

International football has been boring for years I totally agree. The last few world cups and euros have been gash

IIRC the last World Cup was brilliant, mainly because the overall quality, especially in defence, took a huge dip leading to loads of goals

It seemed to have the shift in mentality in the group stage from don't lose to actually try and win, this format for the euros where you could draw 3 games and still qualify in 3rd place could be a disaster if don't lose comes back

8 hours ago, gharperr said:

That's a good point tbh.

I don't think Real Madrid would've got anywhere near the final if they'd been the other side of the draw having to play Barca in the quarters and Bayern in the semis.

It was just too much for Atletico in the end but they had a far harder and draining route to the final than Real did.

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Euro 2008 and 2012 were good tournaments imo, plenty of exciting games in knock out rounds although I agree there hasn't been a great world cup for a long time now, I would go back to 1998.

Don't expect much for this. Great to have more British teams at tournament but 24 teams will render the group stages as pretty meaningless and they'll now be plenty of one sided knockouts in 2nd round with 1st place teams playing others who've finished 3rd in the group.

14 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Poor Athletico. They are never going to win it are they? The betters side for most of it but should have gone all out for the winner in normal time. 3 finals, 3 defeats-sounds depressingly familiar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t8qVFacJNs

this goals always summed up Atletico luck before Simeone took over. Who shoots from there in 120th minute when losing :lol:

Edited by Zatman

I don't know about you, but if I was Zidane (who I consider the greatest player of all time btw) I would make a public statement about Pepe and his behaviour. Disgraceful. I would never pick him again, biggest bag of scum in the world of football.

• Like 1

Pepe was a **** disgrace. Just glad Clattenburg saw straight through it.

As for Ronaldo, he had a poor game but I'm a massive fan of his. He is an absolute machine. As someone said earlier, I bet he works the hardest in training and just looking at him you can see he takes pride in his fitness and diet. I don't think you'd ever see him lying drunk on the floor or doing 'hippy crack' in a hotel room! :)

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He's an absolute cheat and an utter word removed

but so are all top defenders in history. Claudio Gentile is probably the scummiest defender in history but nobody cares about it as it worked

On May 28, 2016 at 22:55, Zatman said:

I actually really enjoyed the game. Some of the play of both sides was excellent. It was a grudge match though, a regular derby despite the spectacle of the final. I loved it.

Â