Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

This concerns me a little bit - I had in mind that the plans for this building were pretty substantial and would involve a new roof and (I had assumed) a complete renovation of the building's "Skin" - re-pointed, re-built brickwork and a better design and use of the frameworks that are there on the side (which I assume were once windows) - something really transformative that sets up the building as a future leisure venue in its own right and a great place to be on matchdays.

If we're painting (pretty but slightly awkward) logos and badges on the side of them, then unless we're blasting those off in a months time, it suggests that what we might be getting is more of a lick of paint and a tarting up - which would be disappointing.

I guess we'll know in a couple of months.

Who knows what the processes are behind the scenes.  The very first planning application was to knock it all down, including the shop!

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

This concerns me a little bit - I had in mind that the plans for this building were pretty substantial and would involve a new roof and (I had assumed) a complete renovation of the building's "Skin" - re-pointed, re-built brickwork and a better design and use of the frameworks that are there on the side (which I assume were once windows) - something really transformative that sets up the building as a future leisure venue in its own right and a great place to be on matchdays.

If we're painting (pretty but slightly awkward) logos and badges on the side of them, then unless we're blasting those off in a months time, it suggests that what we might be getting is more of a lick of paint and a tarting up - which would be disappointing.

I guess we'll know in a couple of months.

I wouldn't expect anything to be happening with that side of the building. It's mainly internal and possibly bringing the wall on the other side out a bit isn't it? 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I wouldn't expect anything to be happening with that side of the building. It's mainly internal and possibly bringing the wall on the other side out a bit isn't it? 

6d4f2490-2169-11ee-aa4e-e74f1a369e87.jpg

6d46e730-2169-11ee-a66f-bf7d51d39c94.jpg

Edited by Villa_Vids

Posted (edited)

Just posted these is the another thread but should’ve posted them here… think it’s gunna be pretty spectacular space once completed… I can see it getting a sponsor from one of the large brewery brands. It’s much more befitting in my opinion to the full Villa live building which was a great space but meh design 

IMG_9993.jpeg

IMG_9992.png

IMG_9991.webp

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

So nothing about those murals affects that. 

I think the murals are just advertising brand relaunch with adidas.

I thought it was a tad strange Heck didn't name drop the warehouse in his recent interview, but then referred to a concert venue 🤔

Edited by Villa_Vids

I think before painting any murals on that side of the building, I would have had it completely cleaned with a pressure washer! The current state of the brickwork makes that side look tired and old.  Perhaps it’ll look very different by August?

• Like 2

Looking at those renders, they're going to be knocking out some of the brickwork on that side (the bits where the pictures currently are) and reinstating the windows - I think they'll remove these branding murals to do that, so I'm guessing they're just a temporary thing for the brand launch day - I would think they'll clean it and potentially repoint it when they've done that.

If the murals are staying, I'd suggest we're not getting the plans we can see in those renders.

26 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

6d46e730-2169-11ee-a66f-bf7d51d39c94.jpg

This looks posh and classy 
Who's idea was it to graffiti over the walls of the building?  Going for a more Greek look.

I wonder what we'll get here now?

I think that open paved area was part the planning for the North Stand and while the planning permission has been granted, to get it we'd need to flatten out the slope there which will be difficult given we're not now doing it across the rest of that space.

It'd be good to see some updated renders of this project.

16 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

The players families often use the players lounge or the boxes in the NS.

Back in the championship days you do a pre match event using your pride points in the corner flag. It is quite nice in there, and you had a free meal and drink and q&a with a former player. They then moved it t o the hole suite and it finally became entrance to the 1874 in the witton lane with no food and drink. I gave up by then.

Re the warehouse I think it will be a fairly quick refurb, more lick of paint job. We won't have much time to do much else if it is to be ready by August. The gordon cowans suite is staying apparently.

Villa Live was a far more ambitious project but obviously the club has decided to scale back massively on any ground works since then. So some small quick fixes in the next few years and maybe something bigger next decade.Possibly.

8 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Re the warehouse I think it will be a fairly quick refurb, more lick of paint job. We won't have much time to do much else if it is to be ready by August. The gordon cowans suite is staying apparently.

Where have you hear that about the Gordon Cowans suite?

That would be disappointing as it would mean a second change of plans - from Villa Live to the plans that were submitted for the warehouse to a lick of paint on the existing facility.

24 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Where have you hear that about the Gordon Cowans suite?

That would be disappointing as it would mean a second change of plans - from Villa Live to the plans that were submitted for the warehouse to a lick of paint on the existing facility.

The bar staff. Lick of paint and free entry. Apparently.

Posted (edited)

Maybe they’ll do a quick tart up the Gordon Cowans Suite for the upcoming season whilst they do the main works on the stumps building then some point close that to complete the refurbishment. To make it a viable concert venue it will need more than a lick of paint for sure ! Heck spoke of it taking the season to refurb and open the warehouse the 25/26 season… 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

Saw this pic on the brum mail and got me thinking that if they’re replacing all seats how cool this would look … 

IMG_9994.webp

• Like 1
  • Shocked 2

23 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

What we thought we were getting vs reality 

image.png

Yep imo much better than the poorly designed Villa Live concept which would end up looking like a cheap municipal building. By repurposing the building it’s obviously cheaper, better environmentally and more in keeping with our heritage. I thought that the Villa live building blocked the view of the proposed new north stand. When they do get around to developing it I can see the exterior being grander and not just a carbon copy of the bin dippers new Anfield Road end…  

• Haha 2

Â