Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

16 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Italy and Turkey have pulled out of Euro 2028 to put a co-host bid together for 2032..

Does this give us the funding for the Station revamp & maybe Villa Live will get sorted quicker? 

The UK and Ireland bid was always the far superior bid, and it was very likely it was going to win anyway. This news seems to confirm it and we will have to commit to redevelopment if we want to host matches.

Slightly off-topic but a Italy-Turkey bid sounds fairly desperate with two countries in different parts of the continent.  I doubt Italy have more than a few stadiums up to standard to host it at present.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Newcastle have just announced plans for a Boxpark / Villa Live area next to their stadium. Same as what we were going to do before it got scaled back. 

Same as we're still planning to do. 

The club have stated it's still their aim and it's repeated in several parts of the new planning documents. 

Edited by sidcow

4 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Where does phase 2 come in?

Phase 2 is the North Stand Rebuild. Phase 3 us changes to The Holte End and DE 

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Have I missed phase 1?

Oh. Dunno. I've seen these extra seats described as phase 3.

Maybe the exterior developments such as the route to the station is phase 2?

On 23/07/2023 at 23:31, OutByEaster? said:

The same options that were there in 1993, spend an awful lot of money getting the land, then buy and demolish about 80 houses and possibly a school.

Why 80 houses ? From Google street view of Holte road I counted  36 max and how many of those do we possibly own already ? Also some could be converted into accommodation for youth players/scholars staff etc…. 

3 hours ago, thabucks said:

Why 80 houses ? From Google street view of Holte road I counted  36 max and how many of those do we possibly own already ? Also some could be converted into accommodation for youth players/scholars staff etc…. 

Light. You'd have to take out the side of Yew Tree Road that's nearest the stadium in order for any residents to not have their natural light obstructed and then redirecting traffic across Yew Tree Road once you've gotten rid of Witton Lane might mean you'd be just as well having to take away the whole lot and going right back to the railway.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, villarule123 said:

Have the club said anything at all about knocking down the Witton and rebuilding? 

Not that I'm aware of - there are hints at further redevelopment, but I don't think there's anything been said yet that's remotely concrete. 

I'd think we'd be looking at a decade at the very earliest if it's in their plans.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'd think we'd be looking at a decade at the very earliest if it's in their plans.

By then I will have snuffed it. Hopefully I will get a decent ST on a nice fluffy cloud looking down on VP........probably be a waiting list of 47 million though

On 28/07/2023 at 17:27, delboy54 said:

By then I will have snuffed it. Hopefully I will get a decent ST on a nice fluffy cloud looking down on VP........probably be a waiting list of 47 million though

If you pay the extra you'll get a free drink and a Jesus lanyard

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

After seeing that pic of the Holte in Terrace View thread, where are they putting the rail seating?

Back of the upper holte.  That photo is the showing the back of the lower holte

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

Back of the upper holte.  That photo is the showing the back of the lower holte

Yeah I know, I was just wondering where they were putting the rail seating and if they'd actually done it yet.

That thing in the middle looks odd, might be ok when it's finished

Â