Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

12 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Yeah you’d imagine that they can set the stage up where the stand currently is. I don’t know if seats were sold in that stand for the recent gigs? Will be very disappointing if it’s delayed even further! 

No, the stage was in front of The North Stand 

That's a bad sign for development in the immediate - the crew will want the North Stand and the car park and Pinks crew used the old academy building in the North Stand car park too - I think we can pull out any development starting until July 2024 at the earliest.

13 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

You can't announce a new badge and a long awaited, badly needed new stand and then just sort of muddle on without either and not explain what is going on.

I think the delays are not in our control.

Look to WMCA and BCC 

Edited by Hank Scorpio
  • Like 1

Just now, sne said:

When would the cut off date be for building to start if VP want's to be a Euro's 28 stadium?

If you're following the Qatar/Brazil methodology like April 2028. 

If you're doing it properly I'd say autumn 2025 at the earliest as you want it open and operational for a few months to sort out snags and reality test the facilities with a real crowd etc

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Let's hope the performances on the pitch remain at a higher level than the corporate stuff eh!

It's all gone to shit since Purslow left. 😁

5 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

There’s no doubt Christian was the public face of the redevelopment but it seems too big a thing to have been pursued without owner enthusiasm.

I was just joshing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain_Townsend said:

You can't announce a new badge and a long awaited, badly needed new stand and then just sort of muddle on without either and not explain what is going on.

3 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I think the delays are not in our control.

Look to WMCA and BCC 

Purslow said in his last meeting with fans that the delays were mostly around trying to find a developer with the ability to build it at a sensible price at the moment - he was looking for contractors and finding people that either had major projects elsewhere across the city and couldn't help or people that had other projects and wanted a lot of money because they'd need extra equipment. = whether or not that's the exact truth of it I don't know.

What is a fact is that there are no delays outside of 'us' on this one - the planning permission is in, there are no dependencies, we can start whenever we like.

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

If you can't find someone to build it at your estimated price, you've got an error in your estimated price. 

Or you have, up until about 3 months ago, unprecedented build cost inflation, as a result of the Ukraine war, with an anticipation in the development industry that build costs, and certainly contractors profits, might start to reduce over the next 12-18 months ago.

Getting planning and then holding fire for a year or so to potentially reduce build costs would be a very sensible business decision.

2 minutes ago, alex7783 said:

Or you have, up until about 3 months ago, unprecedented build cost inflation, as a result of the Ukraine war, with an anticipation in the development industry that build costs, and certainly contractors profits, might start to reduce over the next 12-18 months ago.

Getting planning and then holding fire for a year or so to potentially reduce build costs would be a very sensible business decision.

Yes, agree.  I've a lot of construction clients including one who builds major sports stands and stadiums and there is a lot of inflation in materials. 

Will this reduce in the next 12 months or so? 

Who knows but I doubt it will ever get back to where its was 18 months or so ago. 

Yeah I think it's less of have a 'high cost' than it is about having a 'known cost' - if one contractor says they could build it for £100 million guaranteed, they'd rather go for that then one that says they could do it for £75 million but oh dear inflation and it's actually cost £125mil sorry

Bored so been looking at how they could potentially expand the Witton Road Stand and was wondering if a solaution to the lack of space could be a stand similar to Portland Timbers, with multiple tiers above a completed wrap around lower tier. 

IMG_7584.webp

IMG_7583.webp

IMG_7586.jpeg

IMG_7587.jpeg

IMG_7590.jpeg

Â