Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

1 hour ago, screwdriver said:

Online polls suggest 60% of the fans want moyes. We should take the placards and banners to the last couple of home games to spell it out to these stupid old grey out of touch has beens who make up the football board that Moyes is redemption. 32000 (sic) Moyes in banners in front of the TV camera's would pressure the berstein boys into action.

because the last time the fans chanted for a manager to join it ended really well for the club

If Villa are serious about getting back to be competitive premier league team they need to get proven quality in and no more gambles like Sherwood and Garde. Otherwise we are trapped in this bullshit world of hire fire hire fire every 6 months.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

If Villa are serious about getting back to be competitive premier league team they need to get proven quality in and no more gambles like Sherwood and Garde. Otherwise we are trapped in this bullshit world of hire fire hire fire every 6 months.

This is the problem. They are all looking like gambles to me, and in our position, we will be unable to attract anyone who would not be considered a gamble.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

because the last time the fans chanted for a manager to join it ended really well for the club

So because lots of fans wanted Lambert and that didn't work out well, Moyes would also probably be a bad choice because lots of fans want him? And presumably if the fans suddenly wanted Pearson that would suddenly make him a bad choice?

I'm sorry but that is such dumb logic.

• Like 1

Just now, Mantis said:

So because lots of fans wanted Lambert and that didn't work out well, Moyes would also probably be a bad choice because lots of fans want him? And presumably if the fans suddenly wanted Pearson that would suddenly make him a bad choice?

I'm sorry but that is such dumb logic.

im just saying you dont listen to the fans

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I agree, I don't think the board should take into account what the fans want. Fans will change their mind quickly depending on results.

I want Moyes.I dont understand all this about we need a manager with championship experiance bit ?

Surley a good manager would know how to manage a football team, any team with the help of his backroom staff.Look at Poticceno at Spurs, he is doing a great job there and he went really well at Southampton before that and what about Liverpool ? they are doing ok without a manager with previous Premier League experiance.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I agree with you there but the message seemed to be "don't get Moyes because many fans want him".

If Moyes is the wrong choice then it's got nothing to do with whether fans want him or not.

Edited by Mantis

20 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I agree, I don't think the board should take into account what the fans want. Fans will change their mind quickly depending on results.

I don't think it's great but if the fans really don't want someone. There is no point hiring them on a hiding to nothing before they start. It just makes the job unnessarily difficult.

It's not just at Villa, Hodgson never stood a chance at Liverpool, Benitez at Chelsea, Graham at spurs etc..

Edited by jon_c

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

30,000 fans shouting for a manager who probably has no interest in joining us is also a bit sad

We don't know for sure he isn't interested yet at this stage. I think if the fans are chanting for him, and I am David Moyes I am thinking the fans want me and will get behind me why wouldn't I want to come to a club similar size to everton just hugely under-achieving. 

He was chucked out of ManUre ( without getting a fair go IMHO ) and didnt do to well in Spain.I think he would relish the challenge of getting us back up where we belong and proving himself.

The Mcleish debacle would suggest that our Awol custodian has no interest in what the fans want/don't want. 

"I would never say never but obviously I've got ambitions to win things and I’d want to be at a club that would give me every chance to win and be involved in the Champions League and be at the top level.

"Celtic will always be appealing, Celtic are one of the biggest clubs in the world. I happen to think Manchester United are the biggest club in the world but I think Celtic are up there certainly in the top ten as far as I’m concerned supporter wise, all around the world.

"I'm saying this with total respect; I probably don’t think Celtic’s squad would be good enough to reach the levels they want so I think that’s a no-brainer if you ask me.

quotes from Moyes from last month, he has ambitions way above his level and that wont involve us

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PussEKatt said:

I like Moyes but I hope he is smarter than that.

Celtic are up there ??? In that case Anderleicht, Grasshoppers and a few other european clubs are up there as well.

Celtic are one of the biggest clubs but the advent of the Premier League has killed them really. 

Celtic are one of the biggest clubs....in Scotland, the same as Anderleicht are one of the biggest clubs in Belgium and that goes for Grasshoppers, in Switzerland,Benfica in Portugal Galatasery in Turkey etc etc etc but who do you have to beat to win the league in any of these countries ?