Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

15 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I've already discussed this at length. I don't know where you got the idea from that I wanted someone that plays really silky football because I've said time and time again that Moyes is my preferred choice and his teams are hardly renowned for amazing football. I also said that if Allardyce was available I'd take him to. Ideally I'd like us to adopt a more modern style but I accept the situation we're in. Just no Pulis please, it's not worth it.

No Pulis .....loud and clear......I don't think there is a cat in hells chance of him being our next manager.

...can you explain what you mean by a more modern style?

I have a very sneaky feeling there is going to be some disappointed fans on this site when the new manager is announced.

just a hunch....no inside info

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

Bruce linked in the Sun today, we are willing to pay the 2mill compo. Apparently.

Anyway, he fits the criteria - Hull were in exactly our position last summer, sold 13 players, actually made a surplus of £18million and have been competitive this season looking like they will now be in the playoffs. Based on Bruce's experience last summer, not just his promotion success in the past, it really looks like it will be him.

After he relegated them despite a £50m spend over two seasons. Regardless of net spend, he's kept a lot of the Premier League side also - McGregor, Davies, Dawson, Robertson, Elmohammedy, Huddlestone, Livermore, Diame, Meyler, Snodgrass, Hernandez. So he's doing the bare minimum you'd expect. In fact, not get promoted would be a failure and it looks like they'll probably miss out in the automatic spots.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

No Pulis .....loud and clear......I don't think there is a cat in hells chance of him being our next manager.

...can you explain what you mean by a more modern style?

As in, actually trying to pass the ball around. As I said though, I'm not particularly fussy at the moment though because of the situation we're in.

I wouldnt want Bruce, for me he is a very small upgrade on McLeish. His record is hit and miss for me, his best job was at Wigan keeping them up but though at blues, sunderland he was very poor. his team at blues wasnt put together on the cheap either they were outspending us at the time

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I have a very sneaky feeling there is going to be some disappointed fans on this site when the new manager is announced.

just a hunch....no inside info

Well I'm happy with Moyes! :excl:

speaking to a coventry fan in the pub today, he said

" do you think Pearson would want to come to sort all that, out"

interesting.

I don't know about some fans turning their nose up at him.......he could be deemed as a coup.

2 minutes ago, jon_c said:

I wish we'd stop getting linked to managers who have already been a failure at clubs where arguably they had an easier job then they would at Villa.

Are you expecting someone to come in to a toxic waste dump from an oasis in paradise.;)

Steve Bruce would not be a wise choice. 
Pearson, perhaps, but it sounds like he's off to Forest and too large a percentage of the fan group would be against him from the start.
Newcastle will go for Moyes when Rafa decides he doesn't fancy the Championship.

Doesn't leave us with much, does it?

Well, if known thinkers Stan Collymore and David James want him, he must be the right man for the job!

I think the Bruce rumours are interesting, I wonder how much influence Black would have on things.

In looking for clues, I can't find anything that puts any of the candidates barring Grayson at the same club as Little, I'm not sure if any of them have previously worked under Bernstein, Bevington or the rest of the football board and I'm struggling for anyone that might have worked with Jimmy Sinclair in Scotland unless it Mcallister or Strachan!

It remains a mystery and hopefully will do until we're clear of the wreck that is this season.