Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

Hey guys,

We now have a decent base set of Twitter account to target. It has been my experience that it can take anywhere from 10 to 50+ tweets to a single account before they get noticed. Now we don't want to start spamming people, but if we can focus our efforts on the following accounts on the correct days, then i think it will give us a better chance of success. Rinse and repeat where needed.

RpaWXj1.png

The sheet can be found at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PVX3x0xmVOodPefPiNGrXZ5kV339F-8iqNmR6DEadcA/edit#gid=30289747

Keep the Twitter handles coming in this thread and get tweeting to the people on the list on the day in question. Of course tweet everyone else you feel the need to.

Sorry didn't mean to quote haniovillian and can't delete the quote box?

I just wanted to thank all those who are putting such an effort in to this. What is happening to us is a disgrace, and you are communicating our despair in a very well put together and dignified manner! You certainly have my support and doing nothing is no longer an option. Keep up the good work, utv!

3 minutes ago, Chewie said:

Hey guys,

We now have a decent base set of Twitter account to target. It has been my experience that it can take anywhere from 10 to 50+ tweets to a single account before they get noticed. Now we don't want to start spamming people, but if we can focus our efforts on the following accounts on the correct days, then i think it will give us a better chance of success. Rinse and repeat where needed.

RpaWXj1.png

The sheet can be found at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PVX3x0xmVOodPefPiNGrXZ5kV339F-8iqNmR6DEadcA/edit#gid=30289747

Keep the Twitter handles coming in this thread and get tweeting to the people on the list on the day in question. Of course tweet everyone else you feel the need to.

I'm washing my hair on Sunday. You leave me the hell alone.

• Like 1

Just now, ChrisVillan said:

I'm washing my hair on Sunday. You leave me the hell alone.

Yeah, sorry. We shouldn't be hounding people who have already supported us. I'll get it cleaned up.

Listened to the podcast today btw (at the gym, like every week ;)), thought you boys came across great, good work!

1 hour ago, LancsVillan said:

Fair enough I'll not bother then..... 

In fairness mate, sexbelowsound has worked his balls off on this and other stuff behind the scenes over the last two days. Given the time available everybody concerned has been up against it. 

I'm not a ST holder and don't use Twitter so I'm not much help, but I just want to congratulate all involved in this effort. I'm one of those "don't really see the point" people, but if I still had my ST I'd walk out with you guys just due to the incredible effort you're putting into this, really top job guys

12 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

In fairness mate, sexbelowsound has worked his balls off on this and other stuff behind the scenes over the last two days. Given the time available everybody concerned has been up against it. 

That is all fair enough, yet a view from someone coming late (i.e. those who will only see this over coming days) was all I was doing. If I hadn't agreed I would have stopped after the top para as it was too wordy, as I support the whole idea I continued. It's a balance. 

Unlike the Mail who wrote about 'successful' protests today, only to ignore both the £ protest and the March prior to the Spuds game which saw JPA signed and then GTMk2 appointed. They are balanced against Villa again as it sell copy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

Any of you eagle eyed people want to scan this over? I've checked and checked again. I think my eyes are bleeding.

Edit: Updated Version with the issues noted below amended.

@a m ole has noticed the White Flag incorrect date.

I've noticed the daft, rogue circles under new era and have changed that.

AVFC_Infographic_3.jpg

Paragraph at the top should, imo, be punctuated better.

"... It isn't simply us, the supporters, having a tantrum and screaming 'spend more'. It is around why..."

Again I'm being picky. It reads fine anyway if it's too late to change. Just my 2 cents

• Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Paragraph at the top should, imo, be punctuated better.

"... It isn't simply us, the supporters, having a tantrum and screaming 'spend more'. It is around why..."

Again I'm being picky. It reads fine anyway if it's too late to change. Just my 2 cents

Cheers mate. I'm happy to change it around but I think its already up on the site in another format as well as its a quote from @markavfc40

Did you notice any glaring errors or incorrect information?

At the moment I just want to make sure that if this starts getting passed around that it doesn't end up potentially undermining the whole protest through inaccurate information.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LancsVillan said:

That is all fair enough, yet a view from someone coming late (i.e. those who will only see this over coming days) was all I was doing. If I hadn't agreed I would have stopped after the top para as it was too wordy, as I support the whole idea I continued. It's a balance. 

Unlike the Mail who wrote about 'successful' protests today, only to ignore both the £ protest and the March prior to the Spuds game which saw JPA signed and then GTMk2 appointed. They are balanced against Villa again as it sell copy

No offence meant mate, just been a bit crazy over the last two days.

44 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

Good work, all of you. I can't help out in any way and I won't be able to attend any of the games but I really appreciate the effort. 

Thanks Mate if you can, you could help on Twitter or FB. 

18 minutes ago, weedman said:

I'm not a ST holder and don't use Twitter so I'm not much help, but I just want to congratulate all involved in this effort. I'm one of those "don't really see the point" people, but if I still had my ST I'd walk out with you guys just due to the incredible effort you're putting into this, really top job guys

Thanks mate, if you are FB, that would help

@MikeMcKenna I know it's a little hard to wangle when all that matters is getting the point across, but when you do speak to the press, can you specifically ask them to place a clickable link to the website when they run the stories, please? They may not be allowed to, but doesn't hurt to ask directly and it will be a big help.

Edited by Chewie

3 minutes ago, Chewie said:

@MikeMcKenna I know it's a little hard to wangle when all that matters is getting the point across, but when you do speak to the press, can you specifically ask them to place a clickable link to the website when they run the stories, please? They may not be allowed to, but doesn't hurt to ask directly and it will be a big help.

Chewie I asked but for E&S but didn't get :-(

2012... "Lambert is given the same remit as McLeish but pressed even further to drastically cut costs."

Ok, English isn't my first language. But to me, that states that Lambert pressed on even further to cut costs - on his own volition. I'd prefer "Lambert is given the same remit as McLeish, but is asked to cut costs even more drastically."

• Like 1

Â