The VT Deadpool 2016

Seat68

9 minutes ago, Xann said:

He was a savvy customer for sure. The image updates and choice of personnel was great tbf.

If anyone could make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, you'd be hard pressed to find better candidates than Eno and Ronson.

That's the problem I have with his music. Strip away the contributions from others and I'm not sure what's left is much cop?

Never understood how that collection of parps and squeaks passes for a singing voice?

It's a poor facsimile of another non-singers style - Actor, pioneer of Alternative Comedy and all round entertainer - Anthony Newley.

He has other major issues which I'm not going into on a public website. Sorry CED and AB.

ive never heard anything dodgy about him regarding your last sentence but thats maybe because ive never had any interest in reading into his life much.

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only celebrity to get to me when they went was Pratchett. He'd been an enormous part of my life and he suddenly went the day after my dad passed away and I palpably felt that loss even when grieving over my father. I wasn't distraught to lose my favourite author but it still hit me.

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I'm not going to disagree with any of the Bowie tributes, he was clearly a hugely important artist. Personally, I never much took to him, but that's neither here nor there. But I'm intrigued by the degree to which people are distraught by this. I've only felt it once - for John Lennon. But that was probably because he was murdered. Those who die at a reasonable age, or through illness, I simply accept. The drug overdoses don't elicit much sympathy. The only one that might affect me in future will be Dylan.

how did you feel about keith moon? the end of an era for the who and then with entwisle who simply went out in true rock n roll fashion at an age he should of been passed all that. i remember you saying you had no interest in the keith moon biography a while back but honestly if you ever get the chance buy the book. yes it has some crazy stories but overall its an absolutely brilliant read and explains in great detail how and maybe why he was the way he was. a lot about his childhood as well. its a sad read and you realise he weren't happy but who is when they are doing that shit. one of the best biographies ive read.

12 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

ive never heard anything dodgy about him regarding your last sentence but thats maybe because ive never had any interest in reading into his life much.

Just type David Bowie allegations into Google and you get stuff....not different to what other 60s and 70s stars have had accusations of in recent times.

Anyway just add like many, not a fanatic of his work but now plenty of his stuff and a damm fine sound it was.

I'm not going to disagree with any of the Bowie tributes, he was clearly a hugely important artist. Personally, I never much took to him, but that's neither here nor there. But I'm intrigued by the degree to which people are distraught by this. I've only felt it once - for John Lennon. But that was probably because he was murdered. Those who die at a reasonable age, or through illness, I simply accept. The drug overdoses don't elicit much sympathy. The only one that might affect me in future will be Dylan.

how did you feel about keith moon? the end of an era for the who and then with entwisle who simply went out in true rock n roll fashion at an age he should of been passed all that. i remember you saying you had no interest in the keith moon biography a while back but honestly if you ever get the chance buy the book. yes it has some crazy stories but overall its an absolutely brilliant read and explains in great detail how and maybe why he was the way he was. a lot about his childhood as well. its a sad read and you realise he weren't happy but who is when they are doing that shit. one of the best biographies ive read.

Honestly? Didn't care. The Who were already way past their best, and as I said above, the boozers and druggers make their own choices. Not interested in reading about excessive lifestyles at all.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Just type David Bowie allegations into Google and you get stuff....not different to what other 60s and 70s stars have had accusations of in recent times.

Anyway just add like many, not a fanatic of his work but now plenty of his stuff and a damm fine sound it was.

jimmy page is another one. a lot were at it and it was accepted back then where as now its not.

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Honestly? Didn't care. The Who were already way past their best, and as I said above, the boozers and druggers make their own choices. Not interested in reading about excessive lifestyles at all.

fair do's. moon in particular was past it by then.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

jimmy page is another one. a lot were at it and it was accepted back then where as now its not.

Yeah pretty much what my Mother says when she hears another old icon has been charged with these offences "you had to live through that time etc..."

Still let's draw it at that and keep paying tribute to Bowie and his genius. 

i was more a greatest hits bowie than sitting down and listening to his back catalogue. a few of his songs and albums will no doubt enter the charts again which i dont get at all.

Low sales and them counting streaming sites such as spotify

No doubt a lot of people will give his stuff a go over the next couple of days, doesn't take much to get up the charts

Blackstar will almost inevitably be no1 this week but then it's a week after Christmas and up against pretty much nothing else

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

No doubt a lot of people will give his stuff a go over the next couple of days, doesn't take much to get up the charts

Blackstar will almost inevitably be no1 this week but then it's a week after Christmas and up against pretty much nothing else

so it pays to die ;)

so it pays to die [emoji6]

Try telling his ex wife on "celebrity" big brother that it doesn't ;)

• Like 1

The underage groupies thing. If that disgusts you enough to put you off an artist's work, then you'd better stop listening to rock music entirely. Because I'd wager that a number very close to 100% were and are guilty. Oh, and better stop watching movies, too.

• Like 3

Red Simpson, country singer died yesterday. 81, compadre of Merle Haggard and part of the bakersfield sound. 

My daughter (who knows about these things), on a US west coast roadtrip a few years ago, was quite excited to be calling in at Bakersfield. She said it was a shithole.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

My daughter (who knows about these things), on a US west coast roadtrip a few years ago, was quite excited to be calling in at Bakersfield. She said it was a shithole.

She's not wrong.