The VT Deadpool 2016

Seat68

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing as none of them died I'll go with all the ones I said in 2015 , which I carried over from 2014 as it turns out 

Prince Phillip

Kirk Douglas

Zsa Zsa Gabor

Fidel Castro

under 40

Ian Watkins 

The 'official' Death List has 50 people on it and last year (2015) got a joint record of 14 which is quite a hit rate. The new list has been published for 2016 and I think we'll recognise the guy in 26th...

www.deathlist.net

Hope I don't end up on a list for posting this...

When Queen Liz does go it's going to be a pretty big deal isn't it? I'm guessing several days of national mourning. Full state funeral as big as anything in history. All kinds of things goin on that we've never seen before.

Then there is the crowning of her successor. 

I'm thinking a good 4 or 5 'free' days off work...

• Like 1

Hope I don't end up on a list for posting this...

When Queen Liz does go it's going to be a pretty big deal isn't it? I'm guessing several days of national mourning. Full state funeral as big as anything in history. All kinds of things goin on that we've never seen before.

Then there is the crowning of her successor. 

I'm thinking a good 4 or 5 'free' days off work...

Days off work? One. Two at absolute most.

I assumed the 'national mourning' days would be declared bank holidays which may or may not be the case. 

There is a big piece on the likely happenings when it does happen Here

For at least 12 days — between her passing, the funeral and beyond — Britain will grind to a halt. It'll cost the British economy billions in lost earnings. The stock markets and banks will close for an indefinite period. And both the funeral and the subsequent coronation will become formal national holidays, each with an estimated economic hit to GDP of between £1.2 and £6 billion, to say nothing of organisational costs.

But to focus on the financial disruption doesn't begin to describe the sheer magnitude of it. It will be an event unlike anything Britain has ever seen before. There will be trivial disruptions — the BBC will cancel all comedy shows, for example — and jarring cultural changes. Prince Charles may change his name, for instance, and the words of the national anthem will be changed, too.

The deaths of Princess Diana and the Queen Mother both brought on waves of public mourning and hysteria. But the Queen, due to her longevity and fundamental place atop British society, will be on a whole new level above that.

The vast majority of British people have simply never known life without the Queen.

It will be a strange, uncertain time.