The VT Deadpool 2016

Seat68

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Likewise with a few others, I'm not a huge fan of his music.  I'll listen to it and I do like some of the famous records, especially Heroes etc, but you cannot deny the influence he has had on not just the music industry, but people of his generation also.

My mother in law will be gutted.  He seemed like a nice guy too, from a few interviews I've seen.  Although I know what Mooney says about something being a bit different about him.

So, I was pretty sad when I heard.  Time's catching up with stars of the 70s it seems. :(

I like Queen Bitch, but for every Queen Bitch, there is a Tin Machine.

One of my favourite Bowie tracks from the otherwise shit Hours album.

Edited by Seat68

36 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I'm in the "respect" camp, never liked him much, something creepy about him. My FB feed is full of gushing tributes, which I am doing my best to ignore.

What's creepy about him? All the anecdotes you hear and all the interviews you see have him coming across as a nice and thoroughly decent guy.

Is it because he always dressed a bit differently? Is it his enlarged pupil? His sexual ambiguity? He certainly came across as eccentric at times but I've never gotten 'creepy' from him. Weird thing to say.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

What's creepy about him? All the anecdotes you hear and all the interviews you see have him coming across as a nice and thoroughly decent guy.

Is it because he always dressed a bit differently? Is it his enlarged pupil? His sexual ambiguity? He certainly came across as eccentric at times but I've never gotten 'creepy' from him. Weird thing to say.

I read a biography about him once, during his drug consumption days he seemed a bit of a dick. That said a lot of people coming out with nice things about him.

Weirdly I thought he'd end up outliving us all. He had that aura about him.

Got his greatest hits. He did some fantastic stuff, "heroes", "ziggy stardust", "queen bitch", "under pressure" etc.

As others have said, my respect of his work outweighs the love I had for it. I rarely found myself particularly in the mood to listen to his music. 

However he was clearly a brilliant and talented individual who did things his own way and had a profound affect on popular music which is present to this day. I thought he was also very good in "The Prestige". He was a proper "star".

RIP David.

I remember when Cilla died last year, Morrissey said he was so shocked because she was the kind of person who he thought would never die. David Bowie is certainly in that category. Everyone should just remember his genius and respect what he did for music, for fashion, not to mention all he did for charity.

Love, respect and admiration x