Sign here if you're still a believer...

pete165

Do you believe ?  

269 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe ?

• I believe
    • I don't believe

I notice the General is online now, I'm sure he'll be proud at some of the posts tonight.

He's just replied to the dig on his thread.

the mans made of different stuff to you and i :winkold:

Where??? I would love to read it. General is quite straightforward in his responses!

:D

Page 233 of the Generals thread

I believe MON is a clueless clearing in the woods when it comes to the transfer market and his scouting is pathetic. I believe this cos the evidence is there for all to see. His buys have been ineffective and he has shown himself to be lagging behind in team planning. I cannot believe people are still making excuses for him when we are about to start a season without 11 recognised players?? **** useless, clueless, outdated, uninspired dickhead. Yes i saw us play Inter and no i'm not convinced, who is more fooled the fool or the fool who follows the fool!

I believe MON is a clueless clearing in the woods when it comes to the transfer market and his scouting is pathetic. I believe this cos the evidence is there for all to see. His buys have been ineffective and he has shown himself to be lagging behind in team planning. I cannot believe people are still making excuses for him when we are about to start a season without 11 recognised players?? **** useless, clueless, outdated, uninspired dickhead. Yes i saw us play Inter and no i'm not convinced, who is more fooled the fool or the fool who follows the fool!

So, to cut a long story short, You're not a believer?

So the likes of bringing in Carew, Young, Maloney etc were 'clueless' in a window when traditionally there is literally NOTHING available eh? He often works to the very end of a window and if we don't bring in a further 2 players at least I'll eat my own tongue.

Oh, and he's a dickhead too? Don't hold back :shock: :lol:

totally agree with the sentiment of this thread. i find all the panickers hilarious. very entertaining reading some other threads on here this evening. shoot me if i ever turn into one of those fine posters who vomit hyperbole in everything they post (but whose opinions are, of course, worthy of respect).

for my part, although (like everyone else) i know we need 2 or 3 more players in, i think having a close-knit squad and good team spirit will count for a lot over the season. i think of everton when they finished 4th. that was not a good squad on paper, but they were able to grind out wins and got the league position that no-one expected as a result. not saying i want us to play like them and try to grind out 1-0s all the time, but in terms of team spirit i think that's what we should go for, and that's what hopefully we have now. man city, west ham, portsmouth may have more glamour signings but that will mean nothing if they don't play like a team and perform on the pitch. i'd take our first 11 over theirs right now, for sure.

we've got a great first 11 (minus rb!) and some good options on the bench (berger, moore, maloney, etc.), add a little more squad depth (which we will by the end of the month) and i'm confident for a top 6/8 finish. shame we missed out on gordon, but c'est la vie. up the villa!

oh come on mate - you do believe really don't you, ;)

in all seriousness, I understand the frustration, but the transfer window isn't shut yet. His main buys so far have been reo coker and ashley young - I wouldn't have called them ineffective on saturday mate, but you're entitled to your opinion.

if he's so clueless, why was he greeted at villa park on his arrival as a legend? was it on the strength of his transfers or his ability to manage and get results? hmm....

Ask me on Sept 1st. Until then I'm not only sceptical but more than a little confused.

Show some guts and spend some money Martin. Please.

I think it's showing more guts not spending it to be honest.

Ask me on Sept 1st. Until then I'm not only sceptical but more than a little confused.

Show some guts and spend some money Martin. Please.

I think it's showing more guts not spending it to be honest.

Agreed. We could have splashed the cash on merceneries ala other 'certain' clubs but would that really have brought us success in the long term? We're clearly building here and it's important not to build a house on sand ;)

As some years go by and our new regime get to know the game better I know we are going to challenge.

As of now, this season, we aren't going to challenge for shit. To me (and let me stress, ME) it seems like

the entire thing is a little bit amateurish, I am not saying they are not professional, it's just that most of

them don't know a single thing about football.

Not only is the squad too little, and without a miracle it's going to be far too little after the window shuts,

but our reputation has probably been a little affected after we were bigged up and have now fallen to the ground.

Surely players must think of us in a different way now that no-one of particular reputation has joined us

(e.g Ljungberg or Bent), we have gotten in few (when we needed the most) and when no-one from within

the club has gone out and... you know... talked up the club a bit. Letting know we are competing. To be big

you have to first think big and then act big. Surely we aren't aiming for Eto'o or Henry, but don't tell me we

can't bring in Bent, Huntelaar, Sneijder or even Defoe when they are all playing for lesser clubs knowing

about the popularity the English league has in the European countries. Well, if MON thinks Harewod is going

to add up in the battle against Spurs who has four attackers who easily beat him then he is very wrong.

What's another year dangling around 10th place after spending 3/4 of the year in 14th? Well, I fear that it might

give our competitors such as Man City and Newcastle, as well as Tottenham, another year to take a step further

whilst we are standing still. Exactly where we have been the last ten years.

I understand that this is a forum where you can express your opinions, but could you not have put this in a more "mature" manner?? Name calling is so childish. Especially since he is our Manager. :cry:

It's actually funny reading this. Tell me who is making good signings?

United have spent £50m on an average midfielder and two young players that've never proved anything.

Arsenal have spent a fair bit on a nobody up front, to replace Henry - Laughable

Milan spent £15m on a 17 year old kid!

Barcelona have bought Henry, who doesn't even fit into their team!

We're expecting too much in my view. Reo-Coker is a top player, he proved he can take on the Worlds best against Inter, I don't care if it was a friendly. That means we both didn't try and STILL beat them.

We've got to believe, unlike some losers who are actually insulting MON. Go and support the Blues if you want to see dozens of wasteful transfers.

So the likes of bringing in Carew, Young, Maloney etc were 'clueless' in a window when traditionally there is literally NOTHING available eh? He often works to the very end of a window and if we don't bring in a further 2 players at least I'll eat my own tongue.

Oh, and he's a dickhead too? Don't hold back :shock: :lol:

Carew??? Where is he? Add to this his goal tally and supreme fitness you have an outstanding buy? Oh sorry i forgot he's a striker who was not bought for his ability to score goals!!! Tell that to Peter Withe!

Young? Potential but very little else at present. I can give you a list as long as my arm of players who had potential who never done anything. He's had a couple of good games but for **** sake he's NOT done anything yet. AND MON dropped him last season? I'll await excuses!

Maloney?? Just wrong, at present £1mil looks about the right price.

WAKE UP FOR **** SAKE

NONE of them have done anything to improve our premiership standing as yet. Or am i missing the point is this not what there employed for? And for that matter what has MON/Petrov/Bardsley/Sutton/Agathe done to improve our team either?

Answers on a postcard please.

UNPREPARED!

It's actually funny reading this. Tell me who is making good signings?

United have spent £50m on an average midfielder and two young players that've never proved anything.

Arsenal have spent a fair bit on a nobody up front, to replace Henry - Laughable

Milan spent £15m on a 17 year old kid!

Barcelona have bought Henry, who doesn't even fit into their team!

We're expecting too much in my view. Reo-Coker is a top player, he proved he can take on the Worlds best against Inter, I don't care if it was a friendly. That means we both didn't try and STILL beat them.

We've got to believe, unlike some losers who are actually insulting MON. Go and support the Blues if you want to see dozens of wasteful transfers.

Love the way you compare us to the likes of Man Utd, Arsenal and the mighty Barcelona :D Good stuff and your post is something that I think I agree with just about all of 8)

To me (and let me stress, ME) it seems like

the entire thing is a little bit amateurish, I am not saying they are not professional, it's just that most of

them don't know a single thing about football.

i find this a strange point. these people professionally own and run a football club. if you accuse them of not knowing a single thing about football, it appears to me that you are accusing them of being unprofessional. i don't see how you can separate the two.

Some people on here are amaing.Instead of letting one of the best managers the club has had in a long time work his magic, we critcise him. I believe in MON and what he is doing,yes i was gutted to miss out on Gordon but i believe there are other option available, bar a new goalkeeper RB and a cover for CD we have quite a good squad,much of the deadwood has been shifted and players like gardener who impressed in out UNBEATEN run towards the end of the season can be given a chance.

Man City have signed alot of players unproven in the prem, same as newcastle. In my opinion are biggest challenger to sixth place is probably Everton who like us have consolidated in the tranfer window, I honestly dont feel that we are standing still.

Players will arrive and i am still very much a believer 8)

Â