The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I think the encouraging signs you're talking of were there before the results started to follow.

At home yes, but I had the life squeezed out of me up Sunderland. Like being involved in a car crash in slow motion, whilst on fire and simultaneously drowning in my own vomit. 

Palace was our best performance of the season and certainly under Garde by quite a distance. We've also yet to prove we can do it away. 

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

At home yes, but I had the life squeezed out of me up Sunderland. Like being involved in a car crash in slow motion, whilst on fire and simultaneously drowning in my own vomit. 

Palace was our best performance of the season and certainly under Garde by quite a distance. We've also yet to prove we can do it away. 

They weren't there in every game. We're not a good enough team for that. We're still going to have games between now and the end of the season where we're **** dreadful. That's just because we are crap :D

Newcastle was away and there were signs there that we were definitely improving, even though the result should have been better.

On 11/01/2016 at 19:08, terrytini said:
11 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Do you have a link to his comments?

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~5286261,00.html&ved=0ahUKEwj4xeXdlrjKAhVBdw8KHS5qAisQqUMIUDAM&usg=AFQjCNH859Spg7o_7rPq3GEYFDbuOyOrJQ

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villa-boss-remi-garde-7209010

Sorry about the four completely unrelated quote boxes which I didn't ask for and can't get rid of.

3 minutes ago, Villanun said:

Hold control and right click on them.

• Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

They weren't there in every game. We're not a good enough team for that. We're still going to have games between now and the end of the season where we're **** dreadful. That's just because we are crap :D

Newcastle was away and there were signs there that we were definitely improving, even though the result should have been better.

Newcastle was away yes, but I was so horrifically hungover I'd forgotten that!

I think we've only lost Arsenal and Watford at home under Remi? Should have won that bloody Watford game too, we were much the better side. Stupid individual errors cost us. No lack of application though. 

I've just realised Southampton was away too. Hard earned point that. That the last 2 away games I've been to are Tottenham and Sunderland doesn't help my mindset!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I think we've only lost Arsenal and Watford at home under Remi? Should have won that bloody Watford game too, we were much the better side. Stupid individual errors cost us. No lack of application though. 

I've just realised Southampton was away too. Hard earned point that. That the last 2 away games I've been to are Tottenham and Sunderland doesn't help my mindset!

Although we've turned out a few half decent away performances, the last three were Norwich, Sunderland and Wycombe.  Doesn't bode well for Saturday.

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Although we've turned out a few half decent away performances, the last three were Norwich, Sunderland and Wycombe.  Doesn't bode well for Saturday.

Good thing about the Albion is that they play like an away side, home and away. A performance like Palace or Leicester and we will win. 

Do we have another in us though? 

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If the last few weeks have shown me anything, it's that the general feeling on VT is completely dependant on the last game.

Next time we lose he'll be back to being a shit manager.

I try to create a mental pigeonhole for that type of poster.

16 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

To be fair - Everton is the only league game since Remi has took over where we have been poor. You could argue that Southampton were wasteful and that could easily have been 3-0 or 4-0, but as you say we dug in and got a point.

Arsenal, Sunderland and Norwich - we didn't play that badly - we just made terrible mistakes. We could easily have won against West Ham, Newcastle and Watford.

If we've cut out the mistakes now, in general we look quite solid at the back, so there's no reason why we can nick a few wins.

19 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I don't think we were terrible against Sunderland and Norwich - just very sloppy goals conceded.

15 minutes ago, BOF said:

So, can we agree that he's beginning to turn this supertanker around now ?

I don't know about anyone else but I just wanted to start seeing signs that he could have a positive impact on this club. I've seen that in the last 3 games and while that continue I'll have faith he's the right man to bring us back up. 

Edited by DCJonah

3 minutes ago, GeordieVillan said:

I don't think we were terrible against Sunderland and Norwich - just very sloppy goals conceded.

I can't agree with that, we had a decent spell against Norwich but were 2nd best for most of it and the Sunderland game was horrific

Just now, KHV said:

I can't agree with that, we had a decent spell against Norwich but were 2nd best for most of it and the Sunderland game was horrific

I thought we were the much better team before conceding the first goal in both games. Sunderland picked us off on the break, and we suffered at Norwich from being very poorly organised at the back - which we seem to have got past now with Lescott and Okore together.

So, can we agree that he's beginning to turn this supertanker around now ?

I don't know about anyone else but I just wanted to start seeing signs that he could have a positive impact on this club. I've seen that in the last 3 games and while that continue I'll have faith he's the right man to bring us back up. 

Fair, but what happens if that stops for a game or two? What happens to that good will?

Not a dig at you, just wondering. When a manager has my faith and respect it takes a lot for me to then turn on them. Perhaps I'm too loyal, I'd have only sacked Lambert 2 weeks before the club did for example and it wouldn't have cost me £4m.

4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Fair, but what happens if that stops for a game or two? What happens to that good will?

Not a dig at you, just wondering. When a manager has my faith and respect it takes a lot for me to then turn on them. Perhaps I'm too loyal, I'd have only sacked Lambert 2 weeks before the club did for example and it wouldn't have cost me £4m.

Well I've heard they were all booed back on for the second half last night.

Â