12 Team Fantasy Premier League Draft Style

maqroll

In American sports its a contractual thing. This is how it works in the NHL.

Once a player has played over 180 games or 3 seasons in the NHL they must go through waivers before they can be sent down to the minor leagues. This is the footballing equivalent of a player not making a 25 man squad having his contract made available for other teams to meet and therefore sign the player instead of him playing reserve team football. 

If a player clears waivers, usually 2 days, then they go down to the minors. If somebody makes a claim the player can choose to move to the other team dependent on waiver priority.

In this instance the game is assuming that because a player was deemed good enough to be drafted to a 16 man squad that he is probably better than the remaining free agents therefore it gives people lower down the draft order, who were deemed to be at a disadvantage, the chance to pick up the supposed better player without lots of competition.

In theory it makes sense but unless somebody REALLY good comes up on waivers its probably best if you are like me and have the number 2 pick to wait until the January transfer window because new players to the league go onto waivers before free agency I believe.

Edited by sexbelowsound

Once a player has played over 180 games or 3 seasons in the NHL they must go through waivers before they can be sent down to the minor leagues. This is the footballing equivalent of a player not making a 25 man squad having his contract made available for other teams to meet and therefore sign the player instead of playing reserve team football. 

If a player clears waivers, usually 2 days, then they go down to the minors. If somebody makes a claim the player can choose to move to the other team dependent on waiver priority.

In this instance the game is assuming that because a player was deemed good enough to be drafted to a 16 man squad that he is probably better than the remaining free agents therefore it gives people lower down the draft order, who were deemed to be at a disadvantage, the chance to pick up the supposed better player without lots of competition.

In theory it makes sense but unless somebody REALLY good comes up on waivers its probably best if you are like me and have the number 2 pick to wait until the January transfer window because new players to the league go onto waivers before free agency I believe.

So, Stefan has released Gana. He's now on a waver. When does he "clear" waivers? 2 days? After the weekend's games?
That's the bit I'm confused about. 

If I wanted a player on a waiver, how long do I have to go for him? If I wanted Gana now, when would I go for a waiver or when would he become a free agent?

I would've entered this bit knew I'd be busy when you were drafting last night. Can some of you post your teams? Interested to see the calibre of players as you got toward the end of picks.

Here's my squad:

De Gea
Courtois

Kompany
Moreno
Darmian
Reid
Paulista

Cazorla
Toure
Willian
Morrison
Gil

Bony
Pedro
Deulofeu
Bojan

Few long term gambles, such as Chelsea eventually sorting their shit out and people like Bojan and Gil recovering from injury or actually being picked (respectively).

But I'm pretty pleased with that.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

I would've entered this bit knew I'd be busy when you were drafting last night. Can some of you post your teams? Interested to see the calibre of players as you got toward the end of picks.

#11 Aguero

#14 Barkley

#35 Otamendi

#38 Lloris

#59 Cabaye

#62 Costa

#83 Dawson

#86 Cedric Soares

#97 Nasri

#100 Rondon

#111 Schlupp

#114 Song

#135 Etienne Capoue

#138 Cahill

#159 Enner Valencia

#162 Firmino

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 1

Once a player has played over 180 games or 3 seasons in the NHL they must go through waivers before they can be sent down to the minor leagues. This is the footballing equivalent of a player not making a 25 man squad having his contract made available for other teams to meet and therefore sign the player instead of playing reserve team football. 

So, Stefan has released Gana. He's now on a waver. When does he "clear" waivers? 2 days? After the weekend's games?
That's the bit I'm confused about. 

If I wanted a player on a waiver, how long do I have to go for him? If I wanted Gana now, when would I go for a waiver or when would he become a free agent?

I believe he will clear after this round of games. Similar to the weekly transfer deadline on the PL Fantasy game.

He will become a free agent if nobody makes a claim on him by the end of this game week.

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 1

I'm not sure waivers is something that transfers that well into a football game but its an added incentive to trade/look carefully at players available so I like it.

For me personally, unless somebody places somebody I really rate on waivers i'll leave my pick until the January transfer window but even then i've got 1 person with a bigger claim than me. 

Most players will clear waivers anyway and end up lost amongst a sea of free agents.

This game is going to be won and lost on trades I think.

Gomes
Schmeichel

Monreal
Smalling
Vertonghen (Got him in the 9th I think - great value!)
G.Johnson
Evans

Ozil
Brady
M'Vila
Montero
Abdi
Drinkwater (Drafted Gana but swapped him out)

Gomis
Deeney
Rodriquez (Late round flyer)

• Like 1

I actually had a list of players I wanted. Only managed to get 3 of them (Aguero, Barkley & Otamendi) and didn't get a single one of my first choices.

I think it's because most of them didn't get as deep into the draft as I was hoping for. I didn't think the stats would be there for everyone to see.

Gomes & Ighalo were my sleepers that I didn't get but can't complain at the likes of Enner Valencia, Nasri, Song, Cahill & Firmino so deep into the draft.

I had Almen Abdi on my list and he was available when It was my pick but I went for Capoue based purely on the amount of minutes he'd played.

Â