Lithuania v England

andykeenan

I know its a dead rubber, but if Jones, Walker, Shelvey and Vardy are the future, the future is grey and dull. Just like the Manager.

Disappointing second half. 

People who played well: Butland, Jagielka, Barkley

People who were just about okay: Lallana, Kane

People who were pants: everyone else. 

Nobody really screaming 'pick me' except Barkley. Shame considering how weak the opposition were. 

Next 3 games we will see how good the team is, although friendlies. Spain, France then Germany.

I genuinely think we will lose all 3. We aare nowhere near that level. 

I normally don't subscribe to the view players play for England purely for who they play for but happy to make an exception for Lallana...he's been a failure for Liverpool yet keeps on starting for England where he does little of note. New Cleverley albeit different style.

Really earned that cap Danny Ings. 

It could cost Liverpool a couple of million quid.  Ings should have his transfer tribunal before Xmas. He let his contract run out but because of his age (22 at the time of the transfer, he's 23 now) then Burnley are entitled to compensation.  

It's been reported that Liverpool offered £6m for Ings, Burnley rejected this bid as that they had already accepted an £11m offer from Spurs for him in May. Ings moved to Liverpool anyway as he is entitled to do under the Bosman ruling (sorry Spurs) but the failure to agree a fee means that it's going to a tribunal.  Ings is now a full England international as well as a proven Premier League goalscorer and I'm sure Burnley will use that fact to their advantage when they sit down with Liverpool at the tribunal.  

I wonder if the cap was a nice little 'F- you' from Woy to his previous employer?

Shit tattoos everywhere will put at least a decade on you.  He'll probably look about 50 when he really is 34 and lord only knows what he will look like at 50, an Egyptian mummy or Charlie Adam circa 2013 or something. 

• Like 1

Next 3 games we will see how good the team is, although friendlies. Spain, France then Germany.

I genuinely think we will lose all 3. We aare nowhere near that level. 

Agreed.

But I don't think any English fan thinks we're as good as any of those teams.

I'd actually quite like us to lose them, but use them as intelligent. preparation. If we somehow win them then the media hype machine will go into overload.

Â