Lithuania v England

andykeenan

Really earned that cap Danny Ings. 

It could cost Liverpool a couple of million quid.  Ings should have his transfer tribunal before Xmas. He let his contract run out but because of his age (22 at the time of the transfer, he's 23 now) then Burnley are entitled to compensation.  

It's been reported that Liverpool offered £6m for Ings, Burnley rejected this bid as that they had already accepted an £11m offer from Spurs for him in May. Ings moved to Liverpool anyway as he is entitled to do under the Bosman ruling (sorry Spurs) but the failure to agree a fee means that it's going to a tribunal.  Ings is now a full England international as well as a proven Premier League goalscorer and I'm sure Burnley will use that fact to their advantage when they sit down with Liverpool at the tribunal.  

Plus, as I posted at the start of June (two weeks before Spurs signed Trippier)

Apparently the idea was that Spurs bid £12m for Ings, Ings turns down the move because he wants to go to Liverpool and Spurs £12m is then taken into account when the tribunal sets the fee that Liverpool have to pay Burnley.

In return, Burnley knock a few quid off what Spurs have to pay them for Trippier.

• Like 1

Next 3 games we will see how good the team is, although friendlies. Spain, France then Germany.

I genuinely think we will lose all 3. We aare nowhere near that level. 

Agreed.

But I don't think any English fan thinks we're as good as any of those teams.

I'd actually quite like us to lose them, but use them as intelligent. preparation. If we somehow win them then the media hype machine will go into overload.

In an ideal world yes. The trouble is, 3yrs into Roy's reign and I still have no idea what our best formation is, or the best 11. There doesn't appear to be any continuity.

You would like to think that at this stage we would be just polishing the plan rather than formulating one. 

Yep fair point.

I was enthusiastic after the last Euros about Roy. I felt he was working towards something.

It's all seemed a bit aimless since then though. The world cup was a disaster

i disagree, i think roy does actually know what his formation is and who is best suited to it, and that by and large he's stuck with it, i think barkley gives him a problem, as does trying to build a midfield out of mr glass, but this is what i think he's tried to do - 

hart

RB - cahill - jagielka - LB

Wilshere - Henderson - delph

Sterling

Rooney - ST

i think smalling is actually having a good season so CB isnt sorted, the midfield 3 has looked good at times (really good vs switzerland away) with sturridge and welbeck out he's played with that ST role, pushing sterling further up if lallana or chamberlain plays, putting kane, walcott, vardy in there, but i think he's more or less there, its minor tweaks and adjusting sterling more than anything else, its a 4-3-3, we seem to have lots of options even if a fair few of them arent very good

not sure which england thread i said it in but i think roy has benefited from injuries this campaign, at the last world cup he royally **** it up because he had rooney, sterling, welbeck and sturridge fit and its hard not to look past england manager syndrome because every england manager in my lifetime has seemingly done the same, he decided to pick all of them, leaving us with a midfield 2 of gerrard and henderson

he didnt have the bollocks to drop gerrard or one of the front 4

this campaign he hasnt had the gerrard issue and sturridge / welbeck have been injured

ill reserve judgement until all of them are back and the media starts picking his team again, im impressed with how he's handled barkley but still not convinced that he wouldnt make similar mistakes if everyone was fit

Jagielka won't be in contention to start at euros.

It will be 2 from Stones, Smalling and Cahill.

At the moment being a vice captain Cahill seems a lock to start but let's see how badly he keeps on playing fot Chelsea. I'd quite like to see a Smalling-Stones combo.

Phil Jones will be interesting, been awful so far this year, can't get in the Utd league team, still called up by Roy

It'll be jagielka, Cahill, Smalling, stones, with then clyne RB, Gibbs and Bertrand LB

So then does he call up Richards, Jones, chambers? Doesn't need 2 out and out RBs IMO those 3 and Smalling and stones can all play there, Richards deserves to be at the front of the list of those three, I'd say the majority of us know he isn't, the other two have three appearances this season between them

Richards refused a call up to be on standby list for euro 2012 apparently hence why he hasn't been considered since. You know how stubborn some managers can be. Richards has done well this season but think he'd be found out v best strikers, his worst game by a mile was Liverpool away when Sturridge did him time and again with simple movement. Interested to see how he does v Costa this weekend.

Â