The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

I wouldn't be surprised if the Tories did get a little post autumn statement bounce due to the NI reduction and some people thinking they are going to be a few quid a week better off. Then the reality hits within a few days that once again the Tories have been all smoke and mirrors (or in layman's terms lying bastards) and that they won't be any better off at all. 

Even some of the right wing rags are now calling them out on their tax cut claims. 

Edited by markavfc40

I see the candidate for Norwich North who was to replace the outgoing Chloe Smith has had to resign because of some comments (Trans and Immigration issues) that he made at a hustings event at a local school.

He's a full on Braverman type and had been parachuted in from Bournemouth. It also isn't his first controversial comment, he has a history of making incendiary comments. He also has a history of complaints against him from Bournemouth Council staff members over comments made there

You have to wonder how he got picked in the first place (or maybe not when you realise the grassroots is throbber central)

I'd link all this but it only seems to be GBeebies reporting it but Mooneying Councillor Nick Rose will get you to most of it

West Midlands Police (second biggest Police force in the country) have been adjudged to be failing and have today been put into special measures which makes it the fourth force in special measures including the Met (the country's biggest Police force).

I think we can safely say that the Police can be filed under things the Tories have broken since 2010, assuming there is enough room in that filing cabinet still. 

• Like 2

The British-Irish Council press conference is about to get under way.

Speakers will include Taoiseach Leo Varadkar; UK Secretary of State for Levelling Up Michael Gove, First Minister of Scotland Humza Yousaf and First Minister of Wales Mark Drakeford.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-67512628

Cringe.

Tory Brexit Britain, international laughing stock.

11 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

West Midlands Police (second biggest Police force in the country) have been adjudged to be failing and have today been put into special measures which makes it the fourth force in special measures including the Met (the country's biggest Police force).

I think we can safely say that the Police can be filed under things the Tories have broken since 2010, assuming there is enough room in that filing cabinet still. 

In PMQ’s this week the shadow chancellor asked if anything is working better now than before the Conservatives came to power 13 years ago, is there anything?

In light of the coverage and focus on the migration figures, an interesting thread.

Bonus: A lot of tears from the racists in the comments, if you enjoy that sort of thing. I do.

Edited by wishywashy

2 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Man of the people.

Can’t get anything right but they somehow manage to get a video pulled from twitter within minutes. I can’t help but feel their focussing on the wrong things. 

2 minutes ago, choffer said:

Can’t get anything right but they somehow manage to get a video pulled from twitter within minutes. I can’t help but feel their focussing on the wrong things. 

I think it may have been removed as there is a longer video where the woman told him to use the hammer in that way. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I think it may have been removed as there is a longer video where the woman told him to use the hammer in that way. 

I did think on first watching that she looked completely at ease with what he was doing.

It's a silly video and it's just a cheap laugh, but shows just how easily lies get spread via social media. It can't be bullshit,I saw it with my own eyes!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I did think on first watching that she looked completely at ease with what he was doing.

It's a silly video and it's just a cheap laugh, but shows just how easily lies get spread via social media. It can't be bullshit,I saw it with my own eyes!

I think the saddest thing about it all is that we have a Prime Minister in a video appearing to show him being clueless as to how to use a hammer and it seemed believable. I suppose that is what comes from having form as someone so out of touch with reality that he doesn't know how to use chip and pin.

Edited by markavfc40

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

Was that because he’d already had a few goes and missed :D 

It also didn’t stop the official Labour account tweeting it either

19 minutes ago, bickster said:

Was that because he’d already had a few goes and missed :D 

It also didn’t stop the official Labour account tweeting it either

Risks becoming a bit Streisandy as well. 

Tories pushing the extending version of the video, saying how everyone should ackchooally watch the extended version where their leader is instructed how to hammer away like a three year old getting a new Early Learning Centre toy isn't *that* much better than the one everyone was laughing at.

The overall tableau, in any context, is a net negative for the Tories.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Risks becoming a bit Streisandy as well. 

Tories pushing the extending version of the video, saying how everyone should ackchooally watch the extended version where their leader is instructed how to hammer away like a three year old getting a new Early Learning Centre toy isn't *that* much better than the one everyone was laughing at.

The overall tableau, in any context, is a net negative for the Tories.

Yep, any normal person would have said, it’s ok I know how to use a hammer :D 

• Like 1

Death Spiral Latest!

So today's Times carries a story about Lee Anderson being secretly taped at a “Lagers with Lee” (lolz) event at a Rugby Club where he claims to have been tapped up by Reform and offered a substantial sum of money to defect to Reform. The amount of money is thought to reflect 5 years MPs wages should he lose his seat. It is also thought that he isn’t the only Tory MP to have been offered the inducement. 
Anderson also seemed to be saying that he didn’t want to go to Reform because they want PR and that would be a disaster for the country, he didn’t seem to mention that he was 100% committed to the Tory Party though :D 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/lee-anderson-offered-money-defect-reform-party-03fktxrl2

It's from one of the biggest bullshitters in parliament, but some interesting snippets here.

I'm almost the exact opposite of their demographic, but I'd almost, almost, be tempted to hold my nose if they stood for PR and nobody else did. Interesting that they think Labour would want to bring it in, can't see it myself.

Lee Anderson: I was offered ‘a lot of money’ to join Reform UK

Tory deputy chairman was secretly taped claiming that the party Farage built is tapping up MPs amid accusations of £430,000 ‘bribes’ to defect

What Lee Anderson told the meeting

Anderson Now there is — we’re not taping this, are we? [laughter] — there is a political party that begins with an R that offered me a lot of money to join them. I say a lot of money, I mean a lot of money.

Audience member Respect? [laughter]

Anderson And I wouldn’t join them, OK, because we’ve a got by-election in Mid-Beds next week. Reform have got a candidate. Now, in 2014, when Ukip were at their height, 2014, 2015, they were winning by-elections.

And in general elections, in places like Ashfield, they were getting 10,000 votes. Without knocking a door, without dropping a leaflet, they got 10,000 votes in Ashfield and 10,000 votes in Sherwood next door — 10,000 votes in Mansfield and similar in Bolsover. Never knocked a door. Never dropped a leaflet. It was all about Farage. Ten thousand votes.

Now, if Reform are going to make any inroads at the next general election, they’ve got to win that seat in Mid-Beds. And they won’t. They will probably come third and lose their deposit. Now all they want, Reform — and I spoke to the leaders of Reform — they want PR, which is proportional representation. They are hell bent and want us to get hammered in the next election.

Because they firmly believe that Labour will bring in PR. Now at the election after that, in five to six years’ time, whenever it is, under PR, if Reform get five to six million votes, that gives them about 40 seats in parliament.

Now think on — that gives the Greens about 40 seats in parliament and the Lib Dems, dare I say it, they probably get the same. So then you’d have, you’re back to a hung parliament, you’re back to coalitions, you’re back to hung parliament where nothing gets done, ever. But the Labour Party won’t do that. This is what Reform wants. They don’t care about this country at all. They are mad, these people. For a party to want that to happen, they don’t care about this country. All they want is a bit of power in parliament.

Now, the Labour Party, if you vote Reform, you give the Labour Party a chance to win. The Labour Party will bring in votes for 16-year-olds. I’m convinced they will. Now if they do that, you might as well just rip your memberships up now, because you’ll never see a Conservative, not in my lifetime, again.

If you bring in voting for 16-year-olds we’re done for, you know, for generations.

So, yes, we’re not perfect, and I don’t like selling the idea of voting for us on the opposition’s worse than, worse than us, but believe me, we will be in a right mess if the Labour Party get in, in the next election. And a vote for Reform is a vote for Labour.

Edited by Davkaus

41 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/lee-anderson-offered-money-defect-reform-party-03fktxrl2

It's from one of the biggest bullshitters in parliament, but some interesting snippets here.

I'm almost the exact opposite of their demographic, but I'd almost, almost, be tempted to hold my nose if they stood for PR and nobody else did. Interesting that they think Labour would want to bring it in, can't see it myself.

Already posted about this in the Tory thread but as much as I want PR, I really couldn’t vote for them but being as the LibDems also want PR (and the Greens) it’s unlikely they’d be the only party with it in their manifesto. I do agree though that Labour will not as it currently stands have PR in the manifesto.

I think the interesting aspect in all of this is that it has the Tories shit scared and after a spell in the political wilderness with Reform pushing the throbbers towards PR the Tories might. The flip side to that is that PR might actually put the throbby Tories off from switching to Reform, which I think will be the Tory tactic. As Anderson ably demonstrates, a vote for Reform is a vote for Labour and all that. That will almost certainly be the short term Tory tactic

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bickster said:

Lolz

Rwanda want to keep control of their country, the irony!

Theres also a story around today that Sunak and Cleverly are not aligned on the Rwanda plan or the threat to leave the ECHR. 

Popcorn time.

Â