The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

6 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Ordinarily I'd be really happy to have massive Tory in fighting but we've got massive structural problems in the country that as you point out rhe government isn't interested in fixing. I'm really not sure the country can wait 12 months for a change of government.

This snow ploughing of the nations issues just makes the new governments job harder, which then in turn increases the likelihood of the power swinging back to the Tories in 4 or 5 years time.

Tories face biggest by-election defeat in British history in Nadine Dorries seat
Survey by Opinium finds Labour would overturn a 24,664 Conservative majority in Mid Bedfordshire, held by the Tories since 1931

The Conservatives are on course for the biggest by-election defeat in British history in Mid Bedfordshire, according to a poll that will cause panic among Tory MPs.

A survey by Opinium found that Labour would overturn Nadine Dorries’ 24,664 majority in a seat that has been held by the Tories since 1931.

The defeat would shock many Conservative MPs, raising the prospect that other seats thought to be “safe” may now be at risk. [...]

[...]The Tories, Labour and Liberal Democrats have all selected candidates who began campaigning in the seat last month, along with Gareth Mackey, a prominent independent councillor on Central Bedfordshire Council.

The poll put the Conservative candidate Festus Akinbusoye on 24 per cent, Labour on 28 per cent, and the Lib Dems on 15 per cent. Mr Mackey picked up 19 per cent among those who selected a candidate, while Reform UK’s candidate, David Holland, was on 10 per cent.[...]

Torygraph

I'm still of the opinion that this change in voting patterns cannot swing back to the Tories for at least a decade and possibly a lot lot longer

I'm not a big fan of governments of any flavour with massive majorities, it just makes me want PR more and more

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Has Dorries officially resigned now? 

Nope, though she insists she'll be leaving before the next election.

She needs her cheap gin allowance and she won't resign until she gets it ;) 

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Nope, though she insists she'll be leaving before the next election.

She needs her cheap gin allowance and she won't resign until she gets it ;) 

Vanished from public eye but still claiming a salary. If the bar wasn’t so low it would be shocking.

Shall I try that? I’ll Apply for a promotion, then when I don’t get it I’ll just do **** all for a few months whilst threatening to resign at some point in the future.

Doesn’t work in the real world.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Vanished from public eye but still claiming a salary. If the bar wasn’t so low it would be shocking.

If the bar wasn't so low she'd just get a taller bar stool. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Some of these bastards are genuinely evil. 

Rishi Sunak doesn’t strike me as the kind of person that would subscribe to what is going on in the home office. Is he powerless to change their attitudes? Is it a fight he’s not willing to get involved with? 

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

Rishi Sunak doesn’t strike me as the kind of person that would subscribe to what is going on in the home office. Is he powerless to change their attitudes? Is it a fight he’s not willing to get involved with? 

Evil Bastard seems about right to me.

3 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Why not?

I don’t know him personally of course, but like when he was sat alongside Johnson he looks a bit uncomfortable with the line those people are taking. I don’t think he has quite the same evil stone heart like Patel and Braverman but he is also too much of a coward to get involved and tell them to take another route.

He seems to grit his teeth whenever he talks about the Rwanda project knowing deep down how disgustingly horrible it is, not to mention an insane waste of public money.

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

I don’t know him personally of course, but like when he was sat alongside Johnson he looks a bit uncomfortable with the line those people are taking. I don’t think he has quite the same evil stone heart like Patel and Braverman but he is also too much of a coward to get involved and tell them to take another route.

He seems to grit his teeth whenever he talks about the Rwanda project knowing deep down how disgustingly horrible it is, not to mention an insane waste of public money.

He could always sack Braverman and put an end to Rwanda, it is absolutely within his purview.

He either chooses not to or has his hands tied behind his back and is being held hostage by the throbbers

So he is either ok with it and morally repugnant or he's a weak weak man who shouldn't be PM

Also, he looks uncomfortable at absolutely everything he does, he's socially awkward around poor people and by poor people I mean anyone poorer than him

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, bickster said:

He either chooses not to or has his hands tied behind his back and is being held hostage by the throbbers

So he is either ok with it and morally repugnant or he's a weak weak man who shouldn't be PM

I think it’s a case of being weak and having his hands tied by the throbbers. Either way he doesn’t have the stomach for the fallout a change of direction would create. 

Edited by Genie

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I think Sunak probably isnt a horrible person but he has money so his ability to recognise the issues of others isnt there. He looks afte his money and the money of other big boys.

The rest of them are absolutely fighting for power, Sunak either cant see it or doesnt want to get involved as he is weak. I think its probably both. Braverman definately wants to be PM and no doubt sees this stance as a tick on the CV. 

The rest of them seem to be caught up in rhetoric, theyve either been caught up in it or chosen to jump on the bandwagon. Leading to some horrible comments, policies, actions, behaviour in the view of this is for the people. Its easy to see how horrible regimes of the past have gone down the rabbit hole willingly or not. edit: and some of them are just words removed.

Get this lot **** gone. 

Edited by Nicho
  • Like 1

Â