The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

As silly as it sounds, are we actually better paying higher taxes for the good of the country ? Sunak saying we can’t afford to cut taxes is proof in the pudding 

Ruge, these are the actual members of the Tory Party, they seriously don't give a f*** about what is good for the country only what is good for them

• Like 2

I can't wait for 18 months of this prick undermining his successor at every possible opportunity. 

Considering all he has left to care about is his legacy, he's going to want to twist every narrative lever into "things would all be good if only we'd kept Boris in charge".

Can't. Wait. 

Edited by ml1dch
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

What makes you think that? The tories like most mps have demonstrated they are  nothing  but liars. 

Because promising tax cuts and not delivering is akin the a death sentence for your career in the Tory Party

Also not delivering would certainly be (yet another) reason for people to vote for another party in 2024

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

My grandad idolised her, rightly or wrongly. Bloke I used to work with also was a fan of her . Both working class people. 

Well I have to admit I voted for Maggie and promptly left the country back in 1980.

Here's a term we don't often hear any more ...  The British Disease, a dose of Maggie did something about that particular malaise. Having said that I suspect there are omicron variants still knocking about.

34 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

Well I have to admit I voted for Maggie and promptly left the country back in 1980.

Here's a term we don't often hear any more ...  The British Disease, a dose of Maggie did something about that particular malaise. Having said that I suspect there are omicron variants still knocking about.

Ah one of the faithful I see . 

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

You being one of the Tory faithfuls. Don’t see many of them round these parts 

Not very good at evaluating data are you. What makes you think I vote conservative?

5 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

Not very good at evaluating data are you. What makes you think I vote conservative?

I think it’s both gone over our heads. I was being sarcastic because of your vote for Maggie comment . 

So far we've had:

• A braindead tory in the audience taking her 20 seconds to have a pop at UC claimants
  • Sunak pretending he thinks national economies are like a household budget
  • Truss claiming the NI rise introduced by the government she's a part of is nothing to do with her.

God I hate every single person in this room.

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I think it’s both gone over our heads.

Then I'm guilty as charged.

Having said the Britain was a shambles in 78/79, the Labour Party had lost control. Jim Callaghan was not going to cut it.

While I would take this politicalcompass cartoon with a grain of salt

image.png.136a1eae87cafb8141128712d5324727.png

It does indicate that Thatcher's government  was not as authoritarian today's Conservatives

Â