The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Is this the end of the Tories for a good while? How do people vote for this shit show now? This can't be easily forgotten.

I see a lot of his supporters talking about how Boris is being stabbed in the back and he’s the victim.

Just now, Genie said:

I see a lot of his supporters talking about how Boris is being stabbed in the back and he’s the victim.

Don't take twitter knobs as being a sign of anything

Just now, tomav84 said:

i've lost track of who's left? JRM, dories, raab?

An awful lot of the ones you forgot were there. A big chunk of the resignations were from underlings PPSs and the like

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Don't take twitter knobs as being a sign of anything

I’m not sure it’s all twitter, somebody I spoke to at work today said “he’s done well though and we need stability at a time like this”. So many people are still switched off to what happens and only take notice during election times - and the Tories and their media are super spot on at those times. 

12 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Is this the end of the Tories for a good while? How do people vote for this shit show now? This can't be easily forgotten.

Nope. 4 weeks later with a new PM everyone will have forgotten this, and be in wonder and awe about how great the ‘new’ Tory party are.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Dodgyknees said:

I’m not sure it’s all twitter, somebody I spoke to at work today said “he’s done well though and we need stability at a time like this”. So many people are still switched off to what happens and only take notice during election times - and the Tories and their media are super spot on at those times. 

Political twitter is a very very thin slice of the population most of whom are round the bend

Facebook is each persons own bubble

TV Interviews aren't a judge of anything, lets go to Stoke again...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

Nope. 4 weeks later with a new PM everyone will have forgotten this, and be in wonder and awe about how great the ‘new’ Tory party are.

This always worries me. They have this incredible ability to transform what people think when they change leaders. It’s insane. Then they will talk about the mistakes of the past. I went to a hustings last time and people were talking about how Labour we’re at fault and how Boris is different. 

Just now, bickster said:

Political twitter is a very very thin slice of the population most of whom are round the bend

Who’s opinion qualifies as acceptable then? :lol:

People at work? No

Twitter? No

Facebook? No

People on the street? No

4 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Lots of politics means lots of Cathy Newman which always makes me happy 😍

A few years before Boris became leader I was stood next to Cathy Newman on a train while she was having a very frank discussion with a friend about what she thinks of him. I can't imagine she is pulling any punches.

Edited by Sam-AVFC

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Yeah that’s fair, I just still think there is a huge percentage that take no notice of all of that and will make their judgement and take notice during election times and that’s when the media and the Tories switch on and those people take notice.

Just now, Sam-AVFC said:

A few years before Boris became leader I was stood next to Cathy Newman on a train while she was having a very frank discussion with a friend about what she thinks of Boris. I can't imagine she is pulling any punches.

Sounds even better. I may be in love.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Who’s opinion qualifies as acceptable then? :lol:

People at work? No

Twitter? No

Facebook? No

People on the street? No

Look at the opinion polls that have been done the last few days 83% said Johnson should go in one, Over half of Tory voters in another

The Tory party would not be tearing itself apart like this if vast swathes of their voters were in favour of what is going on, they aren't doing this out of principles

• Thanks 1

Â