The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Whilst the Bollywood thing is quite funny, Goldsmith's article in the Mail on Sunday today isn't. It's an absolute disgrace. 

Using an image of 7/7 to suggest Labour are terrorist sympathisers and win votes? Absolute scum. It's the sort of thing you'd expect from the EDL 

I hope the likes of the BBC dive on this. It's easily as bad as the whole Livingstone thing. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

Whilst the Bollywood thing is quite funny, Goldsmith's article in the Mail on Sunday today isn't. It's an absolute disgrace. 

Using an image of 7/7 to suggest Labour are terrorist sympathisers and win votes? Absolute scum. It's the sort of thing you'd expect from the EDL 

I hope the likes of the BBC dive on this. It's easily as bad as the whole Livingstone thing. 

Not going to defend the scaremongering but in fairness the choice of pictures was probably the Daily Mail's rather than Goldsmith's.

15 hours ago, Mantis said:

Not going to defend the scaremongering but in fairness the choice of pictures was probably the Daily Mail's rather than Goldsmith's.

With how campaigns are run these days, I'd find it hard to believe that at the very least, his team were not given sight of the finished article before print. 

And the headline: 

"On Thursday, are we really going to hand the worlds greatest city to a Labour party that think terrorists are its friends"

There is no way they signed off on this without seeing it and it's a disgrace. He should be suspended from office and charged with inciting racial hatred. 

Very little coverage in the media so far, they are all a lot more interested in Labours Anti-semitism. Wonder why that is? 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

With how campaigns are run these days, I'd find it hard to believe that at the very least, his team were not given sight of the finished article before print. 

And the headline: 

"On Thursday, are we really going to hand the worlds greatest city to a Labour party that think terrorists are its friends"

There is no way they signed off on this without seeing it and it's a disgrace. He should be suspended from office and charged with inciting racial hatred. 

Very little coverage in the media so far, they are all a lot more interested in Labours Anti-semitism. Wonder why that is? 

Lol. I'm not going to disagree with you on the scaremongering but what's racism got to do with it?

Edited by Mantis

6 hours ago, Mantis said:

Lol. I'm not going to disagree with you on the scaremongering but what's racism got to do with it?

In hindsight, my suggestion he should face criminal charges was an overreaction. It isn't blatant enough for a charge to stick. 

That said, if you don't think this article has a racial/racist agenda, then I think that's a naive view at best. 

Basically - Vote for Labour (who's candidate happens to be a Muslim) and you run the risk of another 7/7 because Labour are friends with Muslim terrorists. Whoever chose the photo, knew the link they were making. Even putting that to one side, that is pretty much exactly what that headline says is it not? 

I think the problem for Labour is Corbyn's refusal to call Hezbollah and Hamas terrorists, and has further addressed those groups as "friends". 

It does leave the Party a little open to the accusation that they are friends with Muslim terrorists, does it not? 

The whole Corbyn/Labour/Anti-Semitism/Palestine/Israel issue is a related, but separate clusterfunk.  

This is a very specific and a targeted way of campaigning using fear and race. 

Muslims bombed you and if you vote one in for Mayor of London then you'll get bombed again because Labour will let them. 

Thats is the message that article attempts to deliver. Don't care what anyone says, the aim is crystal clear. Divide and conquer. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

In hindsight, my suggestion he should face criminal charges was an overreaction. It isn't blatant enough for a charge to stick. 

That said, if you don't think this article has a racial/racist agenda, then I think that's a naive view at best. 

Basically - Vote for Labour (who's candidate happens to be a Muslim) and you run the risk of another 7/7 because Labour are friends with Muslim terrorists. Whoever chose the photo, knew the link they were making. Even putting that to one side, that is pretty much exactly what that headline says is it not? 

It's not to do with race. How can it be when the Tories make the exact same line of attack against Corbyn and McDonnell? The stuff targeting Indians I agree has racial undertones but this stuff doesn't. No point playing the race card.

I don't know what to say to that Mantis. I completely and fundamentally disagree. It's absolutely 100% race related as far as I'm concerned. 

Each to ther own and I respect your opinion, but that article is as racially charged as they come. 

30 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

I don't know what to say to that Mantis. I completely and fundamentally disagree. It's absolutely 100% race related as far as I'm concerned. 

Each to ther own and I respect your opinion, but that article is as racially charged as they come. 

How is it to do with race though? How do you explain the fact that CCHQ have been making the exact same attacks on Corbyn and co?

I've said why I think it's to do with race Mantis. 

The actual arctice talks about a lot of different issues, but the photo and the headline make it obvious. 

Vote for a Muslim and you'll get another terror attack. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

I've said why I think it's to do with race Mantis. 

The actual arctice talks about a lot of different issues, but the photo and the headline make it obvious. 

Vote for a Muslim and you'll get another terror attack. 

Pretty much all you've done is point to the fact that Khan is a Muslim. You're missing the point here - attacking Labour on security is something CCHQ have been doing since Corbyn was elected. The fact that Khan is a Muslim is irrelevant and playing the race card in this instance is ridiculous because it actually has nothing to do with it.

It's ridiculous scaremongering I agree, but they're not saying "vote for a Muslim and you'll get another terrorist attack" they're saying "vote for Labour and you'll get another terrorist attack".

Also, the choice of photo was probably the Daily Mail's.

Edited by Mantis

15 hours ago, Mantis said:

The fact that Khan is a Muslim is irrelevant

I don't think it is irrelevant, myself. Even other tory MPs and councillors have said what Goldsmith's campaign is doing is despicable. I find it "strange" as well that press and tories are currently feeding on idiotic facebook posts and so on by a number of Labour people for anti-jewish stuff, while they themselves indulge in similarly offensive idiocy against muslims.

You couldn't make it up....except they did. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mantis said:

Pretty much all you've done is point to the fact that Khan is a Muslim. You're missing the point here - attacking Labour on security is something CCHQ have been doing since Corbyn was elected. The fact that Khan is a Muslim is irrelevant and playing the race card in this instance is ridiculous because it actually has nothing to do with it.

It's ridiculous scaremongering I agree, but they're not saying "vote for a Muslim and you'll get another terrorist attack" they're saying "vote for Labour and you'll get another terrorist attack".

Also, the choice of photo was probably the Daily Mail's.

I might be missing the wider context and this may well be a continuation of a wider reaching campaign to discredit labour on security. I accept that. 

Referring specifically to this article in isolation and my personal take on it, I believe they have attempted to make a non-too-subtle link between Khan the Muslim candidate and a terrorist atrocity committed by Muslims in London. 

People are voting for an individual, not a party on this occasion. I know party politics plays a big part in it, but for me this article is saying one thing with the aim of suggesting another. 

I don't know if 'dog whistle' is the right term, but it makes it easy for the Muslim link to be made, without blatantly saying it. A quick scan of the net/social media would suggest I'm not the only one thinks this? 

Picture may have been papers Idea/choice, but I doubt very much his team were not given the opportunity to see it/sign off on it prior to print. 

We are going to have to agree to disagree on this one Mantis, I think it attempts to use race, you don't - we won't change each other's minds. 

• Like 1

Â