GENTLEMAN

Won the league and cup in my first premier league season, Afobe bagging 42 goals with Iturbe in at 36. Best games were the last 2, beat Liverpool 7-3 having been 3-3 after around 50 mins in the second half, they kept pegging me back. Then last day decider against Hull winning 3-2 having gone 2-1 down, and down to 10 men after 10 mins, it was also one of those games where their defence were basically impossible to break down. 

Following season and I've signed Adama for £10m (OR of 80), Iturbe on loan (again) and Kante for £13m (OR of 82 - I changed some players rating on editor mode before I started), and some other players who look pretty decent. Oxford from West Ham looks like he could be an amazing prospect. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

I had to give in and turn the difficulty down a notch.

Still losing though.

On the positive side, I managed to sign Embolo. I had to sell my best player to do it but should be worth it. 

Defence continues to be my achilles heel. I can score a couple of goals every game, but I just can't keep them out.

Defending is a total pain in the ass, sometimes the game is just scripted for you to concede, regardless of what you do, the amount of goals I concede where it's a perfect through ball followed by almost an instant finish right into the bottom corner (usually off the inside of the post) is too often for it not to be scripting. 

The only way to improve it is to have well, good defenders with pace and DM's with high ball winning and defensive prowess stats. In fact all of your defenders should have high stats for those two abilities in order to be effective. 

To be honest I'm finding this game super easy, but I think that's because of my formation - two outside forwards with extreme pace and a good finisher up front and knowledge of how to break and hit the right angles with the triangle through ball. In front of goal it's really easy to score with the R2 shot, practice that and you'll score virtually all of your one-on-ones. A trick I like is when going through you do a feint (square + x) to throw the keeper off and then R2 shot into the corner, keepers never get it. 

Also there's a shit ton of ways to game the stupidity of the AI from set pieces, it's very easy to rob the ball from goal kicks (giving you an challenged run on goal) and free kicks taken by the keeper (giving you a shot into an empty net), as well as steal the ball from throw ins and break very quickly. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

Signed Neymar finally lol 50m and hes scored 5 goals in 3 games.

Signed Buffon and Xavi regens for next season with purely youngsters.

So far i have Buffon, Terry, Jagielka, Ferdinand, Lampard, Carrick, Valeron, Defoe, Klose, Lobato ready for next season. I will sign Pirlo and a RB/LB in the summer window.

Current season im 13 points ahead by January..thrashed chelsea away 6-1 and man city away 4-0..game is far too easy on the top difficulty.

Starting 11 atm is

J. D Gama

Fabinho Stones Laporte Alaba

Kondogbia

Teixera

Gotze

Berradi Neymar

Ronaldo

1 hour ago, YGabbana said:

Yea sent him out on loan and in half a season hes gone from 75 to 80.

On my Villareal save he had an OR of 88 after 3 seasons, probably one of the fastest developing regen I've seen, Totti perhaps the only one I've seen to top that development over a short space of time. 

• Like 1

On my Villareal save he had an OR of 88 after 3 seasons, probably one of the fastest developing regen I've seen, Totti perhaps the only one I've seen to top that development over a short space of time. 

Tottis 42 on mine im expecting his retirement at the end of season

What's the deal then, once players retire they get regen'd as kids?

Yea..they'll retire and regen the next window and be 16 years old and rated between 70-80..means you can develop

them.

In planning on starting the next season 20/21 with regens only and see how well i do

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

What's the deal then, once players retire they get regen'd as kids?

Yep. I had Albrighton and Delfouneso regen into my youth team in the same window once :lol: . The only regens I play in my team now are Totti and Tim Howard (took forever for Totti to retire at 43, then took a whole transfer window to regen and then cost me 17M!).

Yep. I had Albrighton and Delfouneso regen into my youth team in the same window once [emoji38] . The only regens I play in my team now are Totti and Tim Howard (took forever for Totti to retire at 43, then took a whole transfer window to regen and then cost me 17M!).

Im gonna have to pay 19m for Pirlo lol..Totti will probably be about the same.

Neymar is a beast

I try to not do that as it's basically a cheat code lol. The ones I do sell are ones I've integrated into the first team and played a bit. Or at least loaned them out for a season before I sell. Like, I had Essien and Mexes who played sporadically but I eventually sold them for like 8M each.  I have a regen Joaquin that was 80 OR at 16 that I loaned out this season and I'll probably start playing him and sell Lucas Moura who is valued ridiculously highly for some reason despite not even being better than Adama imo.

It all finally clicked last night! FINALLY!

Made some changes. The aggressive pressing defensive tactic wasn't working for me. I might go back to it when I have a better squad, but I think the problem was my players aren't good enough at winning the ball, so they'd press and the opposition would just walk around them unless I made a particularly good manual challenge.

The other problem was I'd put a young regen into Centreback because his OVR was 70 (as high as my other CBs). But when I actually looked at his stats he wasn't very well suited to the role, particularly "Ball Winning". So I replaced him and look much more solid.

Then Embolo played wide instead of central feeding the main striker has worked a treat. Plus my other wide attacker is amazing. He's just one of the random guys you start with but I get the message that "T. Mathiesen has improved Dramatically" literally after every game. He started the season as 65 OVR and is up to 73 now.

So yeah. I went from losing nearly every game, separated by the odd draw. To a run of 5 games where I won 4 and drew 1, including a 5-1 (Mathiesen scoring 4) and a 7-2 victory. Still an outside chance of the playoffs (although I think I'd be in trouble if I got promoted with this squad)

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3

It all finally clicked last night! FINALLY!

Made some changes. The aggressive pressing defensive tactic wasn't working for me. I might go back to it when I have a better squad, but I think the problem was my players aren't good enough at winning the ball, so they'd press and the opposition would just walk around them unless I made a particularly good manual challenge.

The other problem was I'd put a young regen into Centreback because his OVR was 70 (as high as my other CBs). But when I actually looked at his stats he wasn't very well suited to the role, particularly "Ball Winning". So I replaced him and look much more solid.

Then Embolo played wide instead of central feeding the main striker has worked a treat. Plus my other wide attacker is amazing. He's just one of the random guys you start with but I get the message that "T. Mathiesen has improved Dramatically" literally after every game. He started the season as 65 OVR and is up to 73 now.

So yeah. I went from losing nearly every game, separated by the odd draw. To a run of 5 games where I won 4, including a 5-1 and a 7-2 victory. Still an outside chance of the playoffs (although I think I'd be in trouble if I got promoted with this squad)

Great game isnt it. When it all clicks thr game becomes so enjoyable

Yep. I was just starting to lose heart and considering whether I just had to bite the bullet and take the difficulty down another notch, and then the magic started happening :)

Now I'm considering putting the difficulty back up :D

Â