£200k fine for pitch invasion

Oaks

Absolute joke.

Wonder if Reading, Bournemouth, Swindon etc etc etc will be fined as well.

Doubt it.

Totally agree.

I would hope someone (Tim at the presser ?) would at least mention the countless other invasions totally ignored.

Awful.

Not even a week's wages for some...

True enough but another way to look at it is all the money my dad, brother, me, my missus and my son have ever spent at the Club I love (and god knows how many others to be added in) has gone towards a petty and meaningless fine.

Great.

Thanks F A.

Please tell me how a fine for breaking a set rule is "meaningless"?

It's steep compared to previous instances but I don't understand that comment.

No surprise for me. I thought it would be more than £100k but less than £250k. £200k seems like a large enough warning to the club and it's fans without going over the top (remembering some media talk of kicking us out of the cup).

I hope West Brom were made to pay for the damage their idiots caused.

• Like 1

Firstly whether you call it meaningless or not misses the point which is that's my money !

By meaningless I mean

Loads of other invasions are ignored, indeed lauded.

It was celebratory not violent.

The fine will have absolutely no impact on future games, how the crowds behave, or anything else, it isn't a deterrent (can't deter it anyway), it isn't a punishment of those who ran on, it isn't preventative.

Meaningless.

The FA's christmas party fund is up and running I see, along with all their other ridiculous fines so far this seasom.

With this and their twitter clamp down there will be a record number of strippers for the old boys this Christmas.

I would fight it all the way.

Probably because it's highly doubtful teams such as Bournemouth will get fines anywhere near as expensive for the same thing.

The bold part clearly shows I agree regarding the value of the fine.

Firstly whether you call it meaningless or not misses the point which is that's my money !

By meaningless I mean

Loads of other invasions are ignored, indeed lauded.

It was celebratory not violent.

The fine will have absolutely no impact on future games, how the crowds behave, or anything else, it isn't a deterrent (can't deter it anyway), it isn't a punishment of those who ran on, it isn't preventative.

Meaningless.

I'm pretty sure you've missed my point. I already said I thought it was steep due to previous fines (Small Heath being fined £20,000 + a suspended £20,000 for an invasion against us came to mind) but the idea of a fine for breaking a rule surely can't be meaningless.

If you break a rule you should be punished, that is the meaning of the fine.

EDIT: The fine may not be a deterrent to the fans but it should be for the club who you would hope would improve the level of stewarding for future games that are bound to have issues surrounding them.

Edited by adw95
  • Like 1

Our fans entered the field before the game had even finished. The fine is warranted on that basis, in my opinion.

Agree. It is completly different to what happened at Bournemouth etc. Albion should have been fined for their behavior though

Our fans entered the field before the game had even finished. The fine is warranted on that basis, in my opinion.

Well the fans that did it haven't received a fine so it is a penalty on all of us, is that warranted ?

And why do you think 200 g is warranted ?

Would 300 be ?

400 ?

A million ?

Twenty quid ?

And would it be warranted if ' the fans' who 'entered the field of play' had numbered 20 less ? A hundred less ?

If there was just one ?

If wed all gone on ?

It is totally arbitrary both in amount and in precedent.

An utter nonsense.

On your logic if my mate exceeds the speed limit by 1 mph everyone in the car would deserve a fine.

I expect this dictated the size of the fine. Would have been £100k or less otherwise.

I'm interested in the arrangement, if any, clubs have when damage is caused by away fans. Does the home club just accept the seats/toilets/fire extinguishers need to be repaired/replaced at the home club's cost or do they send the bill (in private) to the away club?

Â