£200k fine for pitch invasion

Oaks

Inadequate stewarding IMO thats what we were fined for. There was an incident which a big premier league club was ill prepared to handle. On that basis the fine is measured IMO.

• Like 1

Well bless them.....Just pay their silly little fine and let them all carry on covering each others arses after they totally overeacted in a situation largely of their own doing whilst choosing to ignore the only really dangerous part of the whole thing which was the Baggies hooligans throwing seats and vandalising VP in the process. Just about sums them up really!

Maybe we should all wear seatbelts and take a vow of silence on entering the stadium?!

There's some absolute nonsense being spouted on here - it's embarrassing.

There's a world of difference between singing and chanting in the stands (allowed, encouraged) and invading the pitch during the game (not allowed, discouraged).

Even if we're being made an example of by being fined £200k, I'm absolutely ok with it.  Pitch invading puts players safety in direct danger - moreso than seats being thrown (what distance would you get on this?!).  It needs to be cut out of football completely.

I don't even understand invading the pitch after the final whistle.  What's wrong with celebrating in the stands rather than running on to the pitch to goad the opposition fans?  Just football fans being tossers, as per.

Edited by bobzy

Must be in the minority for thinking it's exactly what we deserved. We let a bunch of morons on the pitch, before the game had finished. Others will receive a samller fine as it was after the game ONLY and rightly so.

• Like 1

You think celebrating on the pitch is worse than throwing seats onto people's heads?

Seems a bit odd to me.

I don't care about the fine to be honest. It feels over the top but we deserve some sort of fine so sod it. Whatever.

You think celebrating on the pitch is worse than throwing seats onto people's heads?

Ok, so something I didn't say.

Invading the pitch is more of a concern to safety than seats being thrown.

Celebrating on the pitch is quite clearly not "worse" than throwing seats onto people's heads.

• Like 1

Inadequate stewarding IMO thats what we were fined for. There was an incident which a big premier league club was ill prepared to handle. On that basis the fine is measured IMO.

How many stewards is adequate enough to stop 42,500 people?

Seems a bit odd to me.

I don't care about the fine to be honest. It feels over the top but we deserve some sort of fine so sod it. Whatever.

Not condoning that at all. Typically FA - inconsistent and all over the shop.

I agree with the hefty fine for invasions during the game. I don't agree with the blind eye to WBA fans.

• Like 1

Even if we're being made an example of by being fined £200k, I'm absolutely ok with it.  Pitch invading puts players safety in direct danger - moreso than seats being thrown (what distance would you get on this?!)

Indiscriminately chucking a sharp, heavy broken seat down onto the tier below is extremely dangerous, as this lad found out

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2984695/Aston-Villa-fan-needed-bloody-wound-GLUED-West-Brom-supporters-hurl-seats-rivals.html

Aston Villa fan needed bloody wound GLUED back together after West Brom supporters hurl seats at rivals 
  • WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT 
  • West Brom supporters allegedly threw seats at Aston Villa fans
  • Mark Villers, 20, needed his wound gluing together by a club doctor
  • Villa beat the Baggies for the second time in a week
  • Tim Sherwood's team now have a Wembley FA Cup semi-final ahead 

By LAURIE WHITWELL FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 01:41, 8 March 2015 UPDATED: 13:11, 8 March 2015

Well bless them.....Just pay their silly little fine and let them all carry on covering each others arses after they totally overeacted in a situation largely of their own doing whilst choosing to ignore the only really dangerous part of the whole thing which was the Baggies hooligans throwing seats and vandalising VP in the process. Just about sums them up really!

Maybe we should all wear seatbelts and take a vow of silence on entering the stadium?!

There's some absolute nonsense being spouted on here - it's embarrassing.

There's a world of difference between singing and chanting in the stands (allowed, encouraged) and invading the pitch during the game (not allowed, discouraged).

Even if we're being made an example of by being fined £200k, I'm absolutely ok with it.  Pitch invading puts players safety in direct danger - moreso than seats being thrown (what distance would you get on this?!).  It needs to be cut out of football completely.

I don't even understand invading the pitch after the final whistle.  What's wrong with celebrating in the stands rather than running on to the pitch to goad the opposition fans?  Just football fans being tossers, as per.

Yeah, it's not the players people are concerned with, it's the fans having seats fall on their heads from 20ft or so above them. You know the guys who pay to go see games then have their life threatened because some dickheads can't handle losing to a rival.

What's this about running on to the pitch to goad opposition fans? I saw maybe a handful of people doing that.

I've been on to Villa Park 3 times, never once did I pay the slightest bit of attention to the opposition fans. These were all acts of absolute joy. One of them I was a young teen and kind of accidentally-on-purpose found myself running into the open arms of Juan Pablo Angel. The other two were post match celebrations, of the kind you see UP AND DOWN THE COUNTRY and which is often applauded.

Those that ran on the pitch during the game were wrong to do so, but rumour has it that a few thought they had heard the final whistle and there was a domino effect. Idiots, drunk due to the ridiculous kick off time, but that's all. Not hooligans.

Quite rightly the club, and ourselves, have been fined for not controlling them and us ourselves. I don't know how many stewards they should have had, but I do know what number should have been higher than 6.

What the Boggie's were doing with seats actually could have killed someone.

But since the fine is for the club failing to properly control the people in the stadium at that match, I guess the failure of our stewards to stop that incident also contributed to the size of the fine. 

I don't really see what more in reality the stewards could have done. The aisles were swamped by people going forwards towards the pitch. The amount of fans that had been drinking literally all day as well was high. They could hardly have held them all off. Even if they had got rough and got hold of one or two and slung them out the other two thousand would have still got through. A verdict of bad stewarding is harsh. People have got to take responsibility.

http://mobile.canaries.co.uk/news/article/norwich-city-ipswich-town-pitch-encroachment-2458099.aspx

In addition the Club obviously wishes to avoid the possibility of a massive fine for failing to control supporters, such as that handed out by the FA to Aston Villa this week

--------

Still having a dig I see!

So there is supposed to be no emotion at all when your team qualify for a final ?! :(

Which final did the baggies qualify for?

The penalty (it is not a fine as the FA can't legally impose a fine) is for failing to control the crowd. Ir's hard to argue with the fact that the crowd was not well controlled. That the main problem was from away supporters is frustrating, but it is still our job to control the crowd.

The only mitigating factor is that ridiculous kick off time for a local derby. As this was forced on us, that should have (and might have) reduced the penalty.

• Like 1

Â