The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, bickster said:

I think you can probably sling that accusation at both albeit in Corbyn's case, second -hand via Milne

You think that then.

Had he had a sniff? I think Beardy would likely have investigated how oppressors launder and stash their money via the City, but hey we'll never know?

As for the war, we've got to hope the Ukrainian counter offensive is a runaway success or provokes a takeover in Moscow?

If the push runs out of steam and Putin is still in power? He'll likely return to the poorer, remote areas of the federation for more troops and throw them into his war of attrition. I wouldn't think everyone in Yakutsk and Siberia are rapists and dangerous criminals, which makes deaths on both sides absolute obscenity. 

The video footage coming out of Ukraine right now isn't like it was a year ago. I thought the recent stuff from the trenches flanking Bakhmut was pretty rough, but the scrap in the ruins of the town is a deeper hell still. Bodies everywhere, it's awful. Every day that passes with losses like these takes both sides away from any substantive victory and towards a Pyrrhic conclusion.

You just have to look at the mockery that was the WMD hunt in Iraq to realise that military interventions can turn into sores that run for decades, and have unforeseen consequences. Like people thinking bobbing around in dinghies in the Med or the Channel with toddlers in tow is a better bet than trying to raise a family in a broken and chaotic ancestral homeland.

I don't know how this ends? It may be the entré to a greater struggle between the East & West, or it might make Xi think again?  It's a mess.

• Like 2

I'm confused, you want a worse Britain?

Or is this an objection to the style? It's a bit cringeworthy I must admit but so is Eastenders and millions of people seem to love that bollocks. It's definitely not aimed at me, nor probably you because we both actively have an interest in politics, this is aimed at the vast majority of people that aren't and they respond to soundbites and subtle messaging far more than they engage with shall we say "real politics."

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

Or is this an objection to the style? It's a bit cringeworthy I must admit but so is Eastenders and millions of people seem to love that bollocks. It's definitely not aimed at me, nor probably you because we both actively have an interest in politics, this is aimed at the vast majority of people that aren't and they respond to soundbites and subtle messaging far more than they engage with shall we say "real politics."

I think you're doing Eastenders a massive disservice there. For the hoi polloi who you say are affected by these powerful messages, I think it's possibly better for Starmer to let his deputy take the lead - he's only reinforcing his personality.  

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

I think you're doing Eastenders a massive disservice there. For the hoi polloi who you say are affected by these powerful messages, I think it's possibly better for Starmer to let his deputy take the lead - he's only reinforcing his personality.  

Right, so your criticism is that you don't like Starmer, OK fair enough

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

Right, so your criticism is that you don't like Starmer, OK fair enough

Nah - it's the slogan - "Build a better Britain" - it's the stifling set up of the video - it's the bad editing - it's the inability of Raynor to act out something so false - it's also Swindon what a shit hole - it's all very contrived - it's also absolutely weak when it comes to cheap political stunts (see Boris on a JCB what done it better) - ok and it's Starmer - he's crap.  

11 minutes ago, Jareth said:

This is the worst possible interpretation

Every time he farts, the worst possible eggy sulphuric smell the world's olfactory senses have ever encountered appears to jet stream itself up your nose

For most of us, its just a fart, it's not even a Tory fart

• Like 1

Just now, bickster said:

Every time he farts, the worst possible eggy sulphuric smell the world's olfactory senses have ever encountered appears to jet stream itself up your nose

For most of us, its just a fart, it's not even a Tory fart

If you enjoy sniffing farts - that's your thing dude. If Starmer farted, I'm not sure anyone would hear it, it'd be silent and if smelt it'd be hard to differentiate with the smell of a faded geranium. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Xann said:

You think that then.

Had he had a sniff? I think Beardy would likely have investigated how oppressors launder and stash their money via the City, but hey we'll never know?

It's not really about my beliefs, it's about looking at the shite he surrounded himself with

Ah so he'd not have investigated the likes of his mates Galloway, Williamson (obvs not, they both got paid by Iranian State Media) and Milne?

Seems just like the Tories in reverse tbh

On 30/03/2023 at 21:06, bickster said:

Are you telling me thats actually a good video? Its one of the most pointless videos ive seen

It proper cringe 

Edited by Demitri_C

For about 1 second, I thought bloody hell he’s grown a pair! 

Then I realised it was a fake.

Then I realised how ‘grown a pair’ was probably not the best initial reaction on my behalf.

• Haha 4

It's absolutely absurd. Labour have gone from increased democracy to zero democracy. That the leadership can dictate who can stand is a massive back step. There has been a lot of desire on here for PR - but Labour now only allow candidates that agree with the leadership, they will never allow PR. 

Â