The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

Just now, Seat68 said:

Where is that? The Tshirt?

Erm yes. 

When someone so publicly sets themselves up as an anti-racist - smears a real anti-racist - and then fails to be anti-racist unless it concerns her own cause - then there is a contradiction. Happy to be proven wrong. 

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

She vociferously supports the actions of a state that is enacting racist policy

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

When someone so publicly sets themselves up as an anti-racist ... and then fails to be anti-racist unless it concerns her own cause...

What you’re saying there is that the Jewish Rachael Riley isn’t actually, in practice,  anti racist, and she only uses allegations of racism when it fits with her “cause” which you say is the vociferous support of Israel?

I just want to check, because, well, it’s a bit of a jaw dropper.

44 minutes ago, blandy said:

What you’re saying there is that the Jewish Rachael Riley isn’t actually, in practice,  anti racist, and she only uses allegations of racism when it fits with her “cause” which you say is the vociferous support of Israel?

I just want to check, because, well, it’s a bit of a jaw dropper.

Has she had much to say on BLM or rampant islamaphobia in the UK? She  abhorres racism no? 

Also what is jaw dropping about describing someone who claims to be anti-racist - who is only interested in racism when there is criticism of Israel or of Jewish people? Racism is a broad church - there's no way you can be selective about it. I think folks often take this pulling up of a contradiction to be somehow antisemitic - I have to tell you, I'm only in it for fair play, nothing else. 

Edited by Jareth

7 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Has she had much to say on BLM or rampant islamaphobia in the UK? She  abhorres racism no? 

I am not going to dig too deep but her pinned tweet relates to Uyghur Muslims. 

11 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I am not going to dig too deep but her pinned tweet relates to Uyghur Muslims. 

But that's in China and a very obvious international criticsm of China - and rightly so - but where does she stand on rampant UK Islamaphobia?

If you're going to point fingers and label a man a racist - a man who was risking arrest protesting for the rights of black South Africans, when the government of the time was labelling their leader a terrorist - then you'd better have a very good record of anti-racism yourself - or you could somehow, accidentally be misunderstood as quite wrong. 

Corbyn - 1977 organises a defence of the Jewish population of Wood Green from neo Nazis - was Riley born yet? 

Edited by Jareth

6 minutes ago, Jareth said:

But that's in China and a very obvious international criticsm of China - and rightly so - but where does she stand on rampant UK Islamaphobia?

Do you have reason to believe that she considers it anything other than A Bad Thing?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Cleaning up his own mess?

I'd say he need look no further than Jonathan 'accidental taped phone call the eve of an election' Ashworth - who also happens to be married to possibly the most active saboteur of the whole argument. 

So just to be clear are we going through every BLM activists posts to make sure they've supported every other anti-racist campaign with the same gusto or they are just in it for themselves?

Is that what we're really saying?

Really?

Get some perspective, you don't like Rachel Riley because she called out Corbyn and he can do no wrong in your eyes, therefore she must be attacked, seemingly with no actual rational thought process. What's bneing shown here is irrational hatred for a campainger against anti-semitism. Are you really sure about this?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

So just to be clear are we going through every BLM activists posts to make sure they've supported every other anti-racist campaign with the same gusto or they are just in it for themselves?

Is that what we're really saying?

Really?

Get some perspective, you don't like Rachel Riley because she called out Corbyn and he can do no wrong in your eyes, therefore she must be attacked, seemingly with no actual rational thought process. What's bneing shown here is irrational hatred for a campainger against anti-semitism. Are you really sure about this?

This is wilfully ignoring every single point I have laid out in the last 5 posts. Please, in 50 words (or less) explain why Corbyn is a racist and how Riley is fully correct to call him a racist. 

Edited by Jareth

Just now, Jareth said:

This is wilfully ignoring every single point I have laid out in the last 5 posts. 

This is willfully having read them! You should maybe try reading them yourself, objectively

• Like 1

Just now, bickster said:

This is willfully having read them! You should maybe try reading them yourself, objectively

But I'd like to know, why Riley is correct in calling Corbyn a racist? It's all I need. 

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

But I'd like to know, why Riley is correct in calling Corbyn a racist? It's all I need. 

Has anyone in this thread said that? You seem to have assumed we've all said it

Corbyn has done racist things though, he isn't as pure as you want to think. Just off the top of my head, liking and praising the mural containing the anti-semitic greedy jewish banker trope, that was a racist act whether you agree or not, He even had to backtrack and apologise. So we've already got Corbyn doing racist things, so its not like there isn't evidence

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Has she had much to say on BLM or rampant islamaphobia in the UK?

Also what is jaw dropping about describing someone who claims to be anti-racist - who is only interested in racism when there is criticism of Israel or of Jewish people? Racism is a broad church - there's no way you can be selective about it. I think folks often take this pulling up of a contradiction to be somehow antisemitic - I have to tell you, I'm only in it for fair play, nothing else. 

Your argument is spectacularly wrong and weak. I’d stop if I were you. Her twitter feed is full of stuff about protesting other forms of racism, yet you accuse her of only protesting in her “cause” of “supporting Israel”.

secondly, the idea that it is “required” (not be selective) to comment on every injustice in order not to be accused of having an agenda is utterly ridiculous. It’s also classic “whataboutery” .

What you have written appears to be unintentionally anti-Semitic. You’ve said she, a Jew,  only calls out racism when it benefits her cause which is the support of Israel and that (despite evidence to the contrary being given to you) she ignores other forms of racism. Have a bit of a think, eh?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Has anyone in this thread said that? You seem to have assumed we've all said it

Corbyn has done racist things though, he isn't as pure as you want to think. Just off the top of my head, liking and praising the mural containing the anti-semitic greedy jewish banker trope, that was a racist act whether you agree or not, He even had to backtrack and apologise. So we've already got Corbyn doing racist things, so its not like there isn't evidence

With that question I'm attempting to understand my own irritability - I believe that is the crux of it. On the mural, yep, can't answer that either way, he claims not to have seen the offensive bit, I'm not sure he would have chosen to do that on purpose given the outcome of such action, but we don't know. Boring as that is, against a lifetime of taking real action against racism, and not just using twitter - it's hardly equivocal to being an actual racist - but yes, that action can be seen as racist. 

3 minutes ago, blandy said:

Your argument is spectacularly wrong and weak. I’d stop if I were you. Her twitter feed is full of stuff about protesting other forms of racism, yet you accuse her of only protesting in her “cause” of “supporting Israel”.

secondly, the idea that it is “required” (not be selective) to comment on every injustice in order not to be accused of having an agenda is utterly ridiculous. It’s also classic “whataboutery” .

What you have written appears to be unintentionally anti-Semitic. You’ve said she, a Jew,  only calls out racism when it benefits her cause which is the support of Israel and that (despite evidence to the contrary being given to you) she ignores other forms of racism. Have a bit of a think, eh?

I appreciate the way you've worded that and apologise for any offence caused - please consider all that came before my question on 'is Rachel Riley correct to call Corbyn a racist' - as crappy thought spew - should have just thought about it more before diarrhea-ing all over VT. Doing a Wiley. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I appreciate the way you've worded that and apologise for any offence caused - please consider all that came before my question on 'is Rachel Riley correct to call Corbyn a racist' - as crappy thought spew - should have just thought about it more before diarrhea-ing all over VT. Doing a Wiley. 

We’ve all been there.

The trick is to use it to be wiser, not just double down and get more and more angry.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Thank you. No worries.

On the older ground of was Rachel Riley (and others) right to call Jeremy Corbyn a racist?  - Me personally, I wouldn't have done so. He has a good record of standing up against many forms of racism, and that's commendable. Bearing in mind my own post just above, that "the idea that it is “required” (not be selective) to comment on every injustice in order not to be accused of having an agenda is utterly ridiculous" I have to say that my perception is that Corbyn has something of a, ahem, "blind spot" when it comes to anti-semitism. He's clearly very supportive of Palestinian rights, and I agree with that stance. The difficulty that brings is that it has led him, in his particular choices, to associate himself with some very anti-semitic people, to rather strikingly fail to call them out on their anti-semitism, even when voiced in his presence, in discussions with him. He has (as @bickster pointed out) had to apologise for "liking" the anti-semitic mural, he himself voiced an anti-semitic phrase at some Jews in a meeting he hosted, he's been a member of a wildly Semitic message-board...and so on and so forth. Now that may all be a case of "I was there but I didn't take part, I didn't see it, I didn't hear it, I didn't realise..." but there's enough there for other people to feel that they might want to wear a T-shirt, or make an accusation of racism. Me I just think the bloke's an idiot, and I think he's so full of his own self-perceived or proclaimed virtue that he by his own definition believes he can't be non-virtuous and therefore can't possibly be a racist.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Â