The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

18 hours ago, Xann said:

A leader that wouldn't get involved in oil wars and regime changes in the first place.

Is that why he went on Iranian TV then? Because Iran doesn't trade in oil and fuel a lot of the conflict in the Middle-East? Or has been on record visiting Hezbollah and other organisations - do they not trade in conflict and oil?

Double standards aloft.

Edited by magnkarl

6 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Is that why he went on Iranian TV then? Because Iran doesn't trade in oil and fuel a lot of the conflict in the Middle-East? Or has been on record visiting Hezbollah and other organisations - do they not trade in conflict and oil?

Double standards aloft.

...and RT.

13 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

mob rule decision taken by Javid. Like it or not, a 19 year old girl having her British citizenship removed is a big deal  

that's not really the case , a quick google will show you in figures of 100 - 150  cases since 2017  of people having their citizenship removed

I think it's because she is being left "stateless"  and presumably because of the exposure of her case following the Times article (?)

fwiw , there is already precedent of the UK losing such a case , there was a woman known as "G3" a few years back

20 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Assuming the the article I just read is correct

She doesn't have a Bangladesh passport but she’d automatically qualify for one because she is under 21 and both of her parents are from there 

Under UK law, the government can strip British citizenship from anyone who is eligible for dual nationality. Which she is: not just due to Bangladeshi law, but under Bangladesh’s constitution.

Why is she Bangladesh’s problem more than than ours? People would be rightfully angry if roles were reversed and Bangladesh were revoking her citizenship because she might also be British and saying ‘sorry lads she’s your problem now’

not a great look for post-Brexit britain

’we’ll dump our unwanted Jihadi brides on you’

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 3

I don't understand why some Labour supporters are still so blinkered about Corbyn. "Corbyn doesn't want conflict - he's a peacekeeping man". Corbyn goes to the middle east and only meets with PLO\Hezbollah, refusing to see the people they are fighting against.

"Corbyn doesn't support corrupt oil!" Corbyn goes on Russia Today, Iranian State TV and other channels to talk about how nice their regimes are. 

It just makes ZERO sense. Open your eyes.

Edited by magnkarl

3 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Is that why he went on Iranian TV then? Because Iran doesn't trade in oil and fuel a lot of the conflict in the Middle-East?

Talking rather than banging the war drum.

We could see if that leaves less dead families at the bottom of the Med?

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

that's not really the case , a quick google will show you in figures of 100 - 150  cases since 2017  of people having their citizenship removed

I think it's because she is being left "stateless"  and presumably because of the exposure of her case following the Times article (?)

fwiw , there is already precedent of the UK losing such a case , there was a woman known as "G3" a few years back

How many of those were minors when they left and had a baby with them when they wanted to come back?

read what I wrote - ‘a 19 year old girl having her citizenship removed’. I was pretty clear. 

Just now, Xann said:

Talking rather than banging the war drum.

We could see if that leaves less dead families at the bottom of the Med?

Talking to despots has done wonders for the world really - I'm sure there are a few Kurds, Palestinians, Libyans, Venezuelans, Ukrainians and Armenians who loves that Corbyn talks about how Iran/Russia is such a cool place on state TV feels that it's helped their cause greatly.

interesting read

this Immigration think tank seem to suggest we can leave someone stateless ?

Section 66 of the Immigration Act 2014 has been the most controversial aspect of the Act because of its expansion of citizenship revocation under the guidance of the Home Secretary.[58] It contains grounds for revocation and the powers of the Home Secretary in revocation cases.[59] It also notes that the Home Secretary has the ability to revoke citizenship from individuals with only one nationality or citizenship status, including UK citizens.[60] Prior to its passage, the Home Office noted in its fact sheet on the bill:

It is not right that a person who has acquired British citizenship – and accepted the rights, responsibilities and privileges that derive from this – can act in a way that threatens the security of the UK and retain British nationality simply because they may be left stateless as a result of deprivation. We are changing this for a small sub-category of cases even if such action left them stateless.[61]

Thus, the UK government under the guidance of then Home Secretary and current Prime Minister Theresa May can now revoke citizenship from dual and non-dual nationals that have, “conducted him or herself in a manner which is seriously prejudicial to the vital interests of the United Kingdom, any of the Islands, or any British overseas territory.”[62] As Home Secretary, May used citizenship revocation as a legal tool against suspected terrorists.[63] While revocation cases may be more likely among dual nationals, those individuals who maintain only UK citizenship through naturalization are the most vulnerable, as their cases could lead them to statelessness.[64]

1 minute ago, magnkarl said:

Talking to despots has done wonders for the world really - I'm sure there are a few Kurds, Palestinians, Libyans, Venezuelans, Ukrainians and Armenians who loves that Corbyn talks about how Iran/Russia is such a cool place on state TV feels that it's helped their cause greatly.

Yeah, like bombing the region back to the stone age has helped World peace.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

How many of those were minors when they left and had a baby with them when they wanted to come back?

read what I wrote - ‘a 19 year old girl having her citizenship removed’. I was pretty clear. 

yes you were pretty clear that it was Javid and mob rule , guess I should ask you to read my post again , I was pretty clear (  and non hostile in my reply btw )

2 minutes ago, Xann said:

Yeah, like bombing the region back to the stone age has helped World peace.

I don't disagree with you. I disagree with the fact that Corbyn had a slot on both RT and Iranian TV and said nothing about how shit both regimes are to homosexuals/kurds/religious groups/political opposition. After all, he's supposed to be a man with a "great moral compass". On top of that he took cash for it.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Its getting the exposure it is due to the emotional nature of it and the populist, mob rule decision taken by Javid. Like it or not, a 19 year old girl having her British citizenship removed is a big deal  

I’ll be extremely generous and assume you missed off the first half of my quote by mistake and ignored ‘a 19 year old girl having her British citizenship removed is a big deal’ out of folly :)

Edited by StefanAVFC

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

What kind of example though are we sending by accepting this witch back?

That we take responsibility for people who are British citizens by birth and who grew up here who go abroad to support a group like ISIS and we don't leave her to be someone else's problem.

Also that we're not in the business of stripping citizenship from people who have that citizenship by birth.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, snowychap said:

That we take responsibility for people who are British citizens by birth and who grew up here who go abroad to support a group like ISIS and we don't leave her to be someone else's problem.

Also that we're not in the business of stripping citizenship from people who have that citizenship by birth.

It sounds to me like k you support those rules and regulations. 

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It sounds to me like k you support those rules and regulations. 

Dem you’re demonstrating what I complained about literally 1 page ago. 

Do you want to live in a country where the Home Secretary (bound with his own ambitions and biases) has the sole power to strip people born here of their citizenship?

i don’t. 

1 hour ago, magnkarl said:

I don't disagree with you. I disagree with the fact that Corbyn had a slot on both RT and Iranian TV and said nothing about how shit both regimes are to homosexuals/kurds/religious groups/political opposition. After all, he's supposed to be a man with a "great moral compass". On top of that he took cash for it.

Constantly rattling sabres at repugnant regimes just empowers the leaders that use ignorance and fear to rule.

We've spent enough time picking up the pieces from failed foreign policy, surely.

Â