The First Aid Thread

Tayls

So I am sat here in bed facing my GF who is currently complaining of an upset stomach and a feeling of a need to be sick. The last time she did this she ender up going to the toilet and fainting. Before coming round to be sick and then fainting again. She fainted a third time whilst I was getting ready to take her to hospital, and then fainted a 4th time there. So, she is a fainter when it comes to being sick. The only thing is, it has basically ruined me. There has been a few occasions where I have been woken up by her shouting my name, me shooting up out of bed to find her on the floor, eyes in the back of her head and gagging for breath. I won't sleep now she has told me how she is feeling through fear.

Does anybody have any proper tips on what to do if she does go to be sick and ends up fainting? How can I stop her need to be sick in the first place? I'm assuming she has some sort of bug, we are on holiday in Cornwall with my family and my mum has had something and I believe my little niece has something as well.

Feel free to discuss other medical related issue in this thread as well.

Never heard of fainting from nausea. Do you think maybe she's having debilitating menstrual cramps and is embarrassed to say it? I had a friend who said she had such bad cramps that she'd come close to fainting. 

Also, is this phenomenon only at night?

Never heard of fainting from nausea. Do you think maybe she's having debilitating menstrual cramps and is embarrassed to say it? I had a friend who said she had such bad cramps that she'd come close to fainting.

Also, is this phenomenon only at night?

I think some times it could be the result of that, yep. The last time it happened (the time described in opening post) was when she had consumed a couple of glasses of wine on an empty stomach - went to bed and then fainted whilst going for a toilet at just gone 1am. The other occasions have been early morning... She says the fainting is a defence mechanism for her to stop her being sick, but, when she comes round she is usually sick anyway.

She is 26 and generally quite healthy. We have been together 9 years and it doesn't happen all the time as my post might have suggest - within that time it has happened on 4 occasions that I have been there for.... Worries the crap out of me every time.

I once knew someone who s*** themselves everytime they were sick. Which meant they always had to keep a bowl in the bathroom otherwise head down the toilet meant a cleaning job.

It doesn't help your situation much but just reminded me of that. It could be worse...

I've had that before; bum on the toilet, head in the sink.

I felt like a deflated balloon after.

I once knew someone who s*** themselves everytime they were sick. Which meant they always had to keep a bowl in the bathroom otherwise head down the toilet meant a cleaning job.

It doesn't help your situation much but just reminded me of that. It could be worse...

I've had that before; bum on the toilet, head in the sink.

I felt like a deflated balloon after.

I thought that was why God invented the bathtub.

Seriously, take her to a doctor to get some checks done.

I'm with Steveo seeks professional advice ....also in before the inevitable thread delete....

A similar thread exists in the Clearing in the Woods section. The difference is, we have real doctors there.

Â