Tickets

rjw63

What's the Douglas Ellis upper like?

I've never been in there before but it's the only place I could get tickets.

Is it a good atmosphere?

Pretty much non-existant atmosphere from the crowd in the Doug Ellis, although if you're close to the Holte corner it won't be so bad.

Here we go again - do you actually sit in Doug Ellis Upper?  I do and the atmosphere is NOT non-existant.   I sit in P3 near the Holte and it's great.  Just because we don't all stand there half pissed,  letting off smelly farts,singing "On the Piss M'Lord",  abusing the away fans and swearing in the Doug Ellis doesn't mean that we have no atmosphere! OK - consider yourself told B)

• Like 2

Is it a good atmosphere?

Pretty much non-existant atmosphere from the crowd in the Doug Ellis, although if you're close to the Holte corner it won't be so bad.

Here we go again - do you actually sit in Doug Ellis Upper? I do and the atmosphere is NOT non-existant. I sit in P3 near the Holte and it's great. Just because we don't all stand there half pissed, letting off smelly farts,singing "On the Piss M'Lord", abusing the away fans and swearing in the Doug Ellis doesn't mean that we have no atmosphere! OK - consider yourself told B)
I wasn't having a pop at the Douglas Ellis upper it's just I've never sat in that stand and wanted a bit of information before we go up on Sunday.

We usually sit in the Trinity Road.

Is it a good atmosphere?

Here we go again - do you actually sit in Doug Ellis Upper? I do and the atmosphere is NOT non-existant. I sit in P3 near the Holte and it's great. Just because we don't all stand there half pissed, letting off smelly farts,singing "On the Piss M'Lord", abusing the away fans and swearing in the Doug Ellis doesn't mean that we have no atmosphere! OK - consider yourself told B)
I wasn't having a pop at the Douglas Ellis upper it's just I've never sat in that stand and wanted a bit of information before we go up on Sunday.

Think she's directing it at me.

I sit in the Holte End Upper corner next to the Doug Ellis, so in a pretty good position to judge IMO. If there's an atmosphere in the Doug Ellis then you're obviously keeping it on the quiet, cause the rest of the stadium can't hear you. Speak up!

Is it a good atmosphere?

You'll love it then. ;)

Does anyone know how restricted 'restricted view' seats are in the upper Doug Ellis?  I mean it's not like the stand has pillars or anything, so what could it be?

Edit: Spoken to the ticket office, it's only a hand rail, woop woop!!

Edited by GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS

Does anyone know how restricted 'restricted view' seats are in the upper Doug Ellis?  I mean it's not like the stand has pillars or anything, so what could it be?

Edit: Spoken to the ticket office, it's only a hand rail, woop woop!!

I had a restricted view in the Trinity and they took £1 off the ticket, said it was just a rail in front of me at seat height, wasn't at all. Huge rail blocking a large area of the pitch.

Hopefully not like that for you but just a warning.

Is it a good atmosphere?

Think she's directing it at me.

I sit in the Holte End Upper corner next to the Doug Ellis, so in a pretty good position to judge IMO. If there's an atmosphere in the Doug Ellis then you're obviously keeping it on the quiet, cause the rest of the stadium can't hear you. Speak up!

I stood in the Holte for 25 years before it was demolished. Decided to move to the Witton Lane Upper, I refuse to call it the DE stand There's. a lot of time served fans round by us in P5, atmosphere is great, without being moronic. Sat in the Holte upper for the Bournemouth game, out of curiosity and for old times sake. Have to say some of the characters around me were pretty humorless bordering on Neanderthal in their attitudes. I'm no Saint, had plenty of run ins with away fans in the Seventies, that's the way it was then. But there were loads of great characters on the terraces. Perhaps I was by a poor selection of fans for the Bournemouth match , but they were a pretty miserable bunch, spent most of the match abusing Villa Stewards. There are good fans in every stand. Perhaps , what constitutes an atmosphere is perceived differently by different people.

• Like 3

gutted couldnt get tickets for this and some of the prices on Viagogo are way excessive

I've got a spare in Holte End lower Block L4. Mate got bad back so can't make it. £20 - can meet outside Holte. Send me a message. Cheers.

Â