Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Brady is good going forward and great at set pieces but he is never a defender and gets caught out a lot in games. He mightnt be too bad as a wing back with 3 central defenders to cover and would be worth signing imo although Bruce will probably value him at £50m....

Villa join Heaton race

Aston Villa are ready to rival Southampton for England new boy Tom Heaton.

The Premier League duo are both on the lookout for a new goalkeeper and have Burnley stopper Heaton, 29, on their radars.

Villa boss Tim Sherwood is unconvinced by Brad Guzan and his only other experienced keeper is 39 year-old Shay Given.

Southampton need reinforcements with Fraser Forster likely to miss most of next season with a knee injury.

Despite Burnley's relegation back to the Championship, Heaton managed to enhance his reputation last season.

And he was rewarded with a first call up to the England squad for this month's double header against the Republic of Ireland and Slovenia.

Heaton's form has also attracted admirers and he could be offered the chance to stay in the top flight.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-news-live-radamel-falcao-5896523

Squad players are players who could do a job when called upon who are on sensible wages.

He isn't a squad player. He would be a starter with the amount of time and resources we would spend on the deal.

Frankly i'd be worried about the length of contract we would give him too.

As I said i'd rather invest our time and resources in giving someone like Gardner a go rather than sign Huddlestone, if he can't make the cut we can reassess the situation in the next window or the window after that.

He has at the very least earned the opportunity.

• Like 1

I'd rather have Heaton in the sticks than Guzan. Least Heaton can kick it out properly.

WOW, one mistake and he gets slaughtered. I could pull a youtube clip of all his outstanding saves, but honestly I can't arsed and it really shouldn't be necessary.

Edited by Supervillan78
  • Like 4

I could be wrong, but the Huddlestone fee after relegation looks to be 4m. Don't shoot me on this as I'm not 100% confident.

We are looking at another Hull player btw.

McShane or Alex Bruce ;)

I dont really get the hate myself, we have a midfield that couldnt create for about 8 months of last season and havent finished over 16th in last 3 seasons so we arent exactly in a position in which we can say a different player might be a boost

• Like 1

I could be wrong, but the Huddlestone fee after relegation looks to be 4m. Don't shoot me on this as I'm not 100% confident.

Guess there's a few options?

Chester, Robertson, Brady, Huddlestone, Diame

Reality check to not want a player that performed badly in one of the few worse teams than us? Hardly the most unreasonable standards.

Yet the season before was seriously mooted for the England squad by many. So I dunno, which player would we be getting here? 

Guess there's a few options?

Chester, Robertson, Brady, Huddlestone, Diame

Any one of those players would make us better than we are now

• Like 1

I dont really get the hate myself, we have a midfield that couldnt create for about 8 months of last season and havent finished over 16th in last 3 seasons so we arent exactly in a position in which we can say a different player might be a boost

You didn't seem to like him last month though.

You didn't seem to like him last month though.

people not change opinions?

On proper reflection after the season is over he is not a player we can turn our nose up at 

No you can change opinion, pretty much most of us did with Cleverley for example.

Cleverley had shown it through months of action he changed, Huddlestone has done very little in the space of a month besides get relegated.

Just found it odd that's all.

I'd rather have Heaton in the sticks than Guzan. Least Heaton can kick it out properly.

WOW, one mistake and he gets slaughtered. I could pull a youtube clip of all his outstanding saves, but honestly I can't arsed and it really shouldn't be necessary.

Its not one mistake. His kicking/distribution has been dreadful all season.

• Like 1

well we dont watch Huddlestone as closely every week and fans of other clubs will not have had same change about Cleveley we have for example. See some Everton fans pissed off that he signed for them

Think last 3 games indicated not everything was really that good about our squad and we need, solid experienced but crucially not over the hill players like Huddlestone and Richards who on further reflection also could be a decent signing if Tim gets him playing.