Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Why is Garbutt rated so highly on here?

Have you seen him play? Such an accomplished young player, great going forward and defensively
No I've never seen him play bar a few minutes when he came on as a sub. I don't understand how he can be classed as a great signing when he has barely played. I'd much rather sign a more proven player at left back and have Kinsella as back up.
I've watched him develop since he was about 16 years old, i'm convinced he'd be a great signing on a free, best young left back in the country
Well in fairness I've heard many young players be hyped up and then turn out to be not upto it. As I say I think we need proven quality and not players with potential that have proved nothing.

So have i, trust me, proven quality costs more and he's got so much potential, it's a no brainer on a free in my opinion, name a better attainable left back

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

Have you seen him play? Such an accomplished young player, great going forward and defensively
No I've never seen him play bar a few minutes when he came on as a sub. I don't understand how he can be classed as a great signing when he has barely played. I'd much rather sign a more proven player at left back and have Kinsella as back up.

I've watched him develop since he was about 16 years old, i'm convinced he'd be a great signing on a free, best young left back in the country

Really?

I'm not being funny, but you have a record of hyping up players to ridiculous levels who turn out to be bang average at best and woeful at worst. 

• Like 3

Well in fairness I've heard many young players be hyped up and then turn out to be not upto it. As I say I think we need proven quality and not players with potential that have proved nothing.
So have i, trust me, proven quality costs more and he's got so much potential, it's a no brainer on a free in my opinion, name a better attainable left back
Yeah proven quality costs and I'd want us to be spending whatever it takes unless we have a similar kitty to the past few seasons then I'd be happy enough to sign a young prospect on a free.

Really?

I'm not being funny, but you have a record of hyping up players to ridiculous levels who turn out to be bang average at best and woeful at worst.

Name a better young left back in this country

Yeah proven quality costs and I'd want us to be spending whatever it takes unless we have a similar kitty to the past few seasons then I'd be happy enough to sign a young prospect on a free.

Agreed

Luke Shaw

Not for me, garbutt is a better defender and all round player

Fair enough, I haven't seen Garbutt play but he is 22 and his loan clubs are Cheltenham and Colchester. Not even in the Championship.

Really?

Name a better young left back in this country

What is that meant to prove? You have a history of hyping up players and them turning out shit! I'm not the one making such claims. I don't sit watching u16 games all day or spend my life playing Football Manager so I don't have a name to throw back at you at present. However, If Garbutt was the best young back left in the country then I'm sure Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool, et al will all be queuing up to sign such a red hot prospect. Possibly even Real Madrid and Barcelona as well  :)

At 22 you would assume Garbutt would've broke into the Everton team properly by now if he was the best left back prospect in the country, or at least caused a storm on loan and such. I haven't seen enough of him to judge but I think it is a little over the top to assume he'd be the fix to our problems.