Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I can see a huge turnover of players this summer like BFR's first off season. Steer,Given, Bennett, Herd, Lowton,Cissokho,Senderos, Vlaar, Gardner, Cole,Gill,Sylla,Tonev,Nzogbia,Helenius,Weimann and quite possibly Benteke could all be off. I would only be really disappointed to see Benteke and Gill go and I am open minded on Vlaar depending on what we are offering to him.

If someone can predict correctly our staring XI in next season first game, then I would like them to predict next's week's lotto results.

GK

FB

FB

CB

CB

MF

MF

MF

MF

CF

CF

SUB

SUB

SUB

SUB

SUB

SUB

i think we'll line up with that line up in one form or another

• Like 2

I can see a huge turnover of players this summer like BFR's first off season. Steer,Given, Bennett, Herd, Lowton,Cissokho,Senderos, Vlaar, Gardner, Cole,Gill,Sylla,Tonev,Nzogbia,Helenius,Weimann and quite possibly Benteke could all be off. I would only be really disappointed to see Benteke and Gill go and I am open minded on Vlaar depending on what we are offering to him.

If someone can predict correctly our staring XI in next season first game, then I would like them to predict next's week's lotto results.

GK

FB

FB

CB

CB

MF

MF

MF

MF

CF

CF

SUB

SUB

SUB

SUB

SUB

SUB

So next week it will be N N N N N N with bonus ball N?

• Like 2

I know that's what it says on wikipedia but I'm not sure if that's accurate, as I'm sure he played more than that. Anyway he hasn't done much since. Left back has been a problem area for a while now, we really shouldn't be taking chances on players who haven't even played top flight football.

GK

FB

FB

CB

CB

MF

MF

MF

MF

CF

CF

SUB

SUB

SUB

SUB

SUB

SUB

So next week it will be N N N N N N with bonus ball N?
Yep spot on - it's easy isn't it this speculation lark

I know that's what it says on wikipedia but I'm not sure if that's accurate, as I'm sure he played more than that. Anyway he hasn't done much since. Left back has been a problem area for a while now, we really shouldn't be taking chances on players who haven't even played top flight football.

Maybe you'll believe SS?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/player/4246/george-friend

At the end of the day you're judging a player based on his appearances 7 years ago as a kid. Pretty stupid and unfair.

I'm judging him on the fact that he hasn't done enough with his career to warrant being a target for our left-back problem. We've gone through so many average players in that position already, without signing another one.

I'm judging him on the fact that he hasn't done enough with his career to warrant being a target for our left-back problem. We've gone through so many average players in that position already, without signing another one.

Well you weren't. You were judging him based on a spell at Wolves as a 20 year old kid as your argument.

And Cresswell had?

I've seen him. He looks more Cresswell than Bennett.

what left back would you suggest then? Marcelo maybe

Friend is always in the best players in the Championship articles and has won Boro player of the season recently

Friend is always in the best players in the Championship articles and has won Boro player of the season recently

Exactly! He was named in the Championship team of the season. He's won Boro's player of the season the last two years. You have to give some credibility to a POS award. It would be like, say, an Arsenal fan trying to claim Delph is shit even though someone pointed out he won our POS award.

Well you weren't. You were judging him based on a spell at Wolves as a 20 year old kid as your argument.

And Cresswell had?

I've seen him. He looks more Cresswell than Bennett.

I know what I meant and I know on what basis I was judging him on as a potential signing. Besides the number of games he's played for Wolves I also cited his lack of experience playing top level football.

In the Championship Bennett probably looked more like Cresswell than he did Bennett before we signed him.

I wouldn't suggest Marcelo if we were the richest club in the land, he has to be the dirtiest player I've ever seen.

And just because he's won the player of year a couple of times for a struggling Boro team doesn't mean he should be a target for us. Are we trying to improve or what.

Friend is a solid, all-round full-back. Big unit but doesn't that effect his mobility. Strong defender in what was the best defence in the Championship. Not anything more than decent offensively but would be an improvement in that area to Richardson or Cissokho. I'd rather go for a younger left-back but he'd do as a stop-gap for a season or two.

I rate Friend. Thought he was younger though.

Yeah, until recently, I thought he was like 24/25 or something.

Meh not enough of an upgrade, I'd rather have Bennett back.  I saw enough of Bennett to know he's got enough technique, he just needs confidence and a decent centre half next to him and he'll be ok.

I know that's not the popular opinion, but he was a young lad in a shit team in an unforgiving position with us, he deserves a second chance.

• Like 2