Possibly interesting maps...

tonyh29

As much as I dislike the UK, and many things successive governments have done, I do think that we are blessed to be living here rather then some of the **** up places around the world. 

Edited by Voinjama
  • Like 1

Do informal mob executions count?

Nah, only state. If they were, I suspect quite a lot of countries will strong religious communities would be right up there.

My point exactly - the fact that a country has a lower execution statistic doesn't mean that it's any safer than, say, China.

I don't know - even if you take the fact that I speak the language away, I think I'd really rather live in China than India.

I guess the point is that China is OK if you play the game and don't rock the boat. Most countries are. 

I'd rather live in China than India too, but that's more to do with things like climate and food. Wouldn't want to breathe the smog in a big Chinese city, mind. 

It undoubtedly depends on what you place value on.

Frankly, I couldn't live in a country that jails or kills people for speaking their mind.

Would you rather live in dire poverty then? Not that that doesn't exist in China, but it is far less common there

As much as I dislike the UK, and many things successive governments have done, I do think that we are blessed to be living here rather then some of the **** up places around the world.

How many countries are **** up because of the actions of the British or other colonial powers though?

• Like 2

Â