The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

What is the cutoff point for the number of 6-1 losses we can suffer before we're allowed to criticize them?

You can do it whenever and how ever much you like. Just seems strange you're so eager to do it the same day he achieved the difficult goal set for him.

Because they are mutually exclusive??? Granted, they wouldn't have been had Hull won and I wonder if it would have been strange then.

What would happen if we weren't safe right now. Would it be okay then to criticize certain aspects of a game in which we lost 6-1? Would you still be bringing up posts from the beginning of this thread. Or a list of who liked which post on page 87 in alphabetical order to show that you find something to be a bit 'strange'?

Yeah he's done brilliantly to keep us up however yesterday was shit.

You're criticizing yesterday's game, but admit that he's done brilliantly to keep us up as well?

this_does_not_compute_gif_by_cliopadra13

He saved us from relagation, got the best out of our players and got us to our first fa cup final for 15 years.

1 bad game yesterday, you have far too much time on your hands to be botherd to keep going on about if hull won etc etc, fact is they didnt.

Some posters will never be happy with him

• Like 1

We most likely would've been relegated if we'd kept with Lambert but that has nothing to do with today's result. Sherwood messed up and deserves criticism today for it.

Haha why? We've survived, job complete. Today's result means nothing.

Why some are so eager to want to have a go at him is beyond me.

Still want Gill here ahead of him?

Why are you so surprised that people are criticising one of the worst villa performances many of us have ever seen?
Because it makes no difference. I keep reading he deserves criticism. Why? Why do you want to go out of your way to criticise him. He's done a great job and completed the difficult task set for him. Why do you want to criticise him after that? What do you get from it after we've survived?

Its not his team, its not something he's built over years. He's come into a difficult situation and been excellent. It hasn't always been great. So what?

But nobody is criticising the job he's done. Everyone is agreeing he's done an excellent job.

But that doesn't mean we're not allowed to criticise anything. That's blind faith.

Which is the irony.

You can't seem to understand that people can be 100% behind the manager and still constructively criticise performances.

Just like under the previous manager you couldn't understand people wanting him out but not thinking absolutely everything he did was bad.

Not everything is black and white. I'm behind Sherwood. He's done an excellent job and its overwhelmingly positive.

But that doesn't mean I can't see how terrible we were yesterday. It doesn't change how I judge what he's done with the club.

The irony is the amount of times you accused people of blindly following Lambert and not being able to see the negatives. And that's exactly what you're doing with Sherwood.

Not at all, I can see the negatives from yesterday. It was awful. But this wasn't a mid season game that has a lot of meaning to it. This isn't a squad he's spent years putting together and working with.

Every manager and every player is going to have bad days, it happens to all of them. I just don't see the point in being critical of the odd bad game when for the most part things are going brilliantly.

It would be like being critical of Benteke for his performance yesterday. What's the point being critical of one bad game when for the most part he's been brilliant. Same with someone like westwood, delph and cleverly. Absolutely pointless getting on them for a poor performance yesterday because they've been absolutely fantastic recently.

You want to criticise after achieving his goal, go right ahead. To be honest the people who are and who like posts like yours are the ones who were critical of him before he even managed his first game and are the ones who have made some daft comments towards him early on as well, so it's not a surprise.

For me i'll focus on the fantastic job he's done keeping us up and proving all the doubters wrong, or the ones who thought no one could do any better than the previous manager. There will be bad results and bad performances because it happens to everyone, but as long as they're rare it's not an issue for me.

This is mental.

Basically what you're saying is if a manager or player is generally doing well, we're not allowed to ever criticise anything they do.

So you literally do see everything as black or white. Good or bad.

It explains a lot.

No i'm saying why would you want to? 

And lets be honest there's a reason you want to criticize sherwood the first chance you get rather than having a go at say westwood or benteke for a poor performance after a run of brilliant games.  You wanted anyone but Sherwood to become manager of the club.

• Like 1

What is the cutoff point for the number of 6-1 losses we can suffer before we're allowed to criticize them?

You can do it whenever and how ever much you like.  Just seems strange you're so eager to do it the same day he achieved the difficult goal set for him.

You can do it as much as you want, but Jonah reserves the right to point out how strange he thinks it is.

• Like 2

We most likely would've been relegated if we'd kept with Lambert but that has nothing to do with today's result. Sherwood messed up and deserves criticism today for it.

Why are you so surprised that people are criticising one of the worst villa performances many of us have ever seen?
Because it makes no difference. I keep reading he deserves criticism. Why? Why do you want to go out of your way to criticise him. He's done a great job and completed the difficult task set for him. Why do you want to criticise him after that? What do you get from it after we've survived?

Its not his team, its not something he's built over years. He's come into a difficult situation and been excellent. It hasn't always been great. So what?

But nobody is criticising the job he's done. Everyone is agreeing he's done an excellent job.

But that doesn't mean we're not allowed to criticise anything. That's blind faith.

Which is the irony.

You can't seem to understand that people can be 100% behind the manager and still constructively criticise performances.

Just like under the previous manager you couldn't understand people wanting him out but not thinking absolutely everything he did was bad.

Not everything is black and white. I'm behind Sherwood. He's done an excellent job and its overwhelmingly positive.

But that doesn't mean I can't see how terrible we were yesterday. It doesn't change how I judge what he's done with the club.

The irony is the amount of times you accused people of blindly following Lambert and not being able to see the negatives. And that's exactly what you're doing with Sherwood.

Not at all, I can see the negatives from yesterday. It was awful. But this wasn't a mid season game that has a lot of meaning to it. This isn't a squad he's spent years putting together and working with.

Every manager and every player is going to have bad days, it happens to all of them. I just don't see the point in being critical of the odd bad game when for the most part things are going brilliantly.

It would be like being critical of Benteke for his performance yesterday. What's the point being critical of one bad game when for the most part he's been brilliant. Same with someone like westwood, delph and cleverly. Absolutely pointless getting on them for a poor performance yesterday because they've been absolutely fantastic recently.

You want to criticise after achieving his goal, go right ahead. To be honest the people who are and who like posts like yours are the ones who were critical of him before he even managed his first game and are the ones who have made some daft comments towards him early on as well, so it's not a surprise.

For me i'll focus on the fantastic job he's done keeping us up and proving all the doubters wrong, or the ones who thought no one could do any better than the previous manager. There will be bad results and bad performances because it happens to everyone, but as long as they're rare it's not an issue for me.

This is mental.

Basically what you're saying is if a manager or player is generally doing well, we're not allowed to ever criticise anything they do.

It explains a lot.

And lets be honest there's a reason you want to criticize sherwood the first chance you get rather than having a go at say westwood or benteke for a poor performance after a run of brilliant games. You wanted anyone but Sherwood to become manager of the club.

I've been nothing but complimentary about Sherwood since he joined.

I couldn't be happier with him.

I was totally wrong about his appointment and I've admitted that many times.

Just because I'm criticising the manager's tactics after one of the worst performances I've ever seen from a villa side doesn't mean I'm jumping at the first chance to criticise him.

If I was waiting for the first chance to criticise him it would have happened a long time ago.

The only person bringing old posts and agendas into this is you.

I suggest you get the **** over yourself and stop falsely accusing other posters of having agendas when you're the only one who's judgement appears to be clouded by their opinion of the man in charge.

I can't believe someone is having such a hard time accepting the manager might get some flak after that shite we all had to witness yesterday. We're all overwhelmingly happy with him apart from that.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Which is the irony.

This is mental.

It explains a lot.

And lets be honest there's a reason you want to criticize sherwood the first chance you get rather than having a go at say westwood or benteke for a poor performance after a run of brilliant games.  You wanted anyone but Sherwood to become manager of the club.

That's not 'being honest', that's quoting things people said months ago under different circumstances and then pretending that they still believe exactly the same thing as they did then without attempting to find out if maybe they've changed their mind, or even listening when they outright tell you. 

You seem to have been doing a lot of this today. 

• Like 2

Well it must just be a massive coincidence that the ones who criticized him before he joined are the ones wanting to criticize him now.  

Pretty much everyone is criticising his tactics yesterday, so that's not really a coincidence at all.

It's your obsession with people's previous opinions that is causing you to draw false conclusions.

Well it must just be a massive coincidence that the ones who criticized him before he joined are the ones wanting to criticize him now.  

Pretty much everyone is criticising his tactics yesterday, so that's not really a coincidence at all.

It's your obsession with people's previous opinions that is causing you to draw false conclusions.

No it's quite clear thanks.

Jonah, I don't remember criticising him before he arrived. As I said earlier, I'm a vey positive fan. I stuck by Lambert longer than many (but not everyone), and I even stuck with McLeish for longer than most.

I'm critical of Sherwood for yesterday's game. Try to find a post of me criticising him before he arrived. I don't think you will. (I genuinely can't remember what I said before he joined, but I can't imagine I criticised him for anything other than being a 'bit of a geeza').

Edited by Rob182

I don't understand how you're not getting this. It's possible for two things to be true at the same time. True fact 1: He's done an amazing job keeping us in the league, and getting us to a Cup Final, getting our main striker scoring and bringing through our most exciting talent in years. True fact 2: We lost 6-1 yesterday, and were absolutely awful for the whole ninety minutes, and he very clearly didn't change the tactics even when things were going wrong. 

This is all people are saying. The only one bringing up months-old posts is you, and they are totally irrelevant. I honestly can't even remember what my opinion of Sherwood was before he joined us (though doubtless you can consult your bookmarks!) but of course I'm 1000 times more impressed with him now than I was then, because I've witnessed him getting us playing well first hand. People change opinions. Posts on a forum don't stay true or relevant for all eternity. You don't need to act as an archivist, nobody wants you to. 

• Like 3

I was the one to defend his personality and I predicted that in the future he'd be a possible target for the England national team after keeping us up and winning the FA Cup.

You can do it whenever and how ever much you like. Just seems strange you're so eager to do it the same day he achieved the difficult goal set for him.

Because they are mutually exclusive??? Granted, they wouldn't have been had Hull won and I wonder if it would have been strange then.

What would happen if we weren't safe right now. Would it be okay then to criticize certain aspects of a game in which we lost 6-1? Would you still be bringing up posts from the beginning of this thread. Or a list of who liked which post on page 87 in alphabetical order to show that you find something to be a bit 'strange'?

Yeah he's done brilliantly to keep us up however yesterday was shit.

You're criticizing yesterday's game, but admit that he's done brilliantly to keep us up as well?

this_does_not_compute_gif_by_cliopadra13

He saved us from relagation, got the best out of our players and got us to our first fa cup final for 15 years.

1 bad game yesterday, you have far too much time on your hands to be botherd to keep going on about if hull won etc etc, fact is they didnt.

Some posters will never be happy with him

It's not as black as white as criticizing one game = criticizing Sherwood's entire tenure ffs. I've posted multiple times here that I'm damn near in love with the bloke because of what he's done with my club, so that last line is completely unwarranted. Too much time on my hands? It's a simple scenario that took literally a couple of seconds to come up with given how daft the notion of "we stayed up, so we can't criticize a 6-1 loss" was. 

I don't get why people and their posts are being policed lately on here. You can't even mention that TS got his tactics wrong in a 6-1 loss, or that it's kind of odd that one of our players doesn't even make the bench anymore for several weeks running.

Jonah, I don't remember criticising him before he arrived. As I said earlier, I'm a vey positive fan. I stuck by Lambert longer than many (but not everyone), and I even stuck with McLeish for longer than most.

I'm critical of Sherwood for yesterday's game. Try to find a post of me criticising him before he arrived. I don't think you will. (I genuinely can't remember what I said before he joined, but I can't imagine I criticised him for anything other than being a 'bit of a geeza').

I may have unfairly lumped a few in and yeah I don't remember you being overly critical of him before he joined.  I think in the main though it seems to be those that were really against him when his name was just linked.

I'd have thought after over achieving from what many thought was a very difficult task, that this thread would be full of praise for the job he's done.  But it seems to be more about wanting to justify being able to criticize him for one performance.  And if people want to do that fine, I just don't get why they would. 

I may have unfairly lumped a few in and yeah I don't remember you being overly critical of him before he joined.  I think in the main though it seems to be those that were really against him when his name was just linked.

I'd have thought after over achieving from what many thought was a very difficult task, that this thread would be full of praise for the job he's done.  But it seems to be more about wanting to justify being able to criticize him for one performance.  And if people want to do that fine, I just don't get why they would. 

The thread IS full of praise for the job he's done. Most of the posts on this **** page are full of praise for the job he's done.

You're just choosing to ignore it.

Also, the ironic thing in this post (you're doing well for irony today) is that this thread wouldn't be full of people justifying the criticism for one performance if it wasn't for you telling them they're not allowed to do it.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 4

I said numerous times go ahead, I just find it strange that people want to.  I'd much rather focus on the brilliant job he's done and what we might be able to achieve with him for the future.

I haven't even really seen him being criticized for yesterday. Most people just seem to be saying that it was a bad day at the office and that they hope he learns from his mistakes.

I haven't even really seen him being criticized for yesterday. Most people just seem to be saying that it was a bad day at the office and that they hope he learns from his mistakes.

Exactly. That's literally all it is.

I said numerous times go ahead, I just find it strange that people want to.  I'd much rather focus on the brilliant job he's done and what we might be able to achieve with him for the future.

Again, which is ironic because that's mainly what people were doing, despite pointing out the negatives of yesterday's game, until you threw your toys out of the pram and decided we weren't allowed to say anything bad about the manager after we got humped 6-1

Â