Optimism monitor

BOF

Where do you think we will finish ?  

182 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you think we will finish ?

• Champions 1st
    • Champions League 2nd - 4th
    • UEFA Cup challengers 5th - 7th
    • Top half 8th - 10th
    • Lower mid 11th - 14th
    • Survival 15th - 17th
    • Relegated 18th - 20th

Very optimistic. Watching the team gelling with the new signings at the end of last season was fantastic and Reo Coker will be huge for Villa. If we make the correct defensive signings I'd say we'l finish between 4th and 8th. :D

Ive gone for 11th - 14th, I must say that I cant stop laughing at the posts that suggest we are no weaker than we were this time last year, we have no depth in the squad and a manager that for some strange reason seems scared to spend the money available to him because he has let so many players that would have benefitted us this season sign for other teams, we WILL struggle this season and the buck stops with the manager for letting 8 players go and getting nobody in to replace them....

12-14th with current squad - with injuries we could be flirting with the bottom 3 come March unless MON gets a move on in transfer market. We do not have a prem defense!!!

well how did 3 teams only lose less games than us last season if our defence is that bad?

12-14th with current squad - with injuries we could be flirting with the bottom 3 come March unless MON gets a move on in transfer market. We do not have a prem defense!!!

well how did 3 teams only lose less games than us last season if our defence is that bad?

Because we had Tommy in goal :)

8-10 with current squad...top...

If we get a few top class signings in before deadline I would think that we have a chance for Europe...but not today. As I see it we have to many question marks and if we get injuries on only 2-3 key players we might struggle big time. We dont have quality cover...what happens when players need a rest? Well...as I said...many question marks that needs to be answered and that is why i pick 8-10 now.

I've gone for 5th-7th. Don't ask why :) We need to avoid injury but I think our first 11 is the equal of anything outside the top 5.

agree with this Bri.

who's at right back in this 1st 11 though? :winkold:

Top half 8th - 10th only because I can't see us beating the big teams (again). Ars / Liver / manure there's 18 points there up for grabs but using history as a guide what will we actually get from these games : 3 points I think and that is the main problem. I know that new players will come in but even then our squad is still too small if we get a few long term injuries in October we are Donald ducked.

If we were to suffer injuries to key players then we would struggle but then the same is true of any team in the PL. I just don't see that the likes of West Ham, B'burn, Pompey Everton etc are that much stronger in depth than us that they wouldn't struggle with injuries to key players.

Assuming that we are not unduly unlucky with injuries, that we buy a decent RB and a couple of other squad players then 5th-7th is not unrealistic.

i expect a top 6 fight.. we have a better squad even though it is smaller.. its all quality... whats the point of having a big squad when the manager doesnt want to throw in the likes of Djemba Djemba Samuel etc..

Im sure a few more additions for defence and were set.

Â